Which Watch?

Workshop tales, trials and disasters.
Maintenance tips, techniques and myths.
Technical discussion, description and outright lies

Which Watch?

Postby gclark8 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:56 am

I started a similar topic on the Guzzi Forum in USA, it proved to be a very useful resource.
http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?to ... #msg894682

One item which came up was a bike clock. As well as keeping the time it may be useful for cadence counting as it has a sweep second hand.
https://www.stemcaptain.com/
Image
Cheers,
George.
User avatar
gclark8
 
Posts: 956
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Bassendean, WA

by BNA » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:29 pm

BNA
 

Re: Which Watch?

Postby ozzymac » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:29 pm

How about a pebble watch.

Never miss another important message etc while cycling. :shock:

getpebble.com


Cheers

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2
User avatar
ozzymac
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: Which Watch?

Postby sogood » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:34 pm

gclark8 wrote:One item which came up was a bike clock. As well as keeping the time it may be useful for cadence counting as it has a sweep second hand.

In 2013 and the last decade and more, we have "bike computers" that have cadence, stopwatch, speed, mileage as well as a clock built in. Oral cadence counting is decidedly old school. ;)
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
User avatar
sogood
 
Posts: 16929
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU

Re: Which Watch?

Postby coyote » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:09 pm

Put one on the trek for something different and really like it. 8)

Image
User avatar
coyote
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:33 pm
Location: Cairns - Queensland

Re: Which Watch?

Postby gclark8 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:34 pm

Now this man has a handle on the subject. However, come on guys its about easy-to-read wrist watches...
coyote wrote:Put one on the trek for something different and really like it. 8)
Image
Cheers,
George.
User avatar
gclark8
 
Posts: 956
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Bassendean, WA

Re: Which Watch?

Postby Graeme H » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:04 am

gclark8 wrote:its about easy-to-read wrist watches...

If you can get into the city, I'd suggest visiting The Time Shop in Trinity arcade.
The proprietor is a watchmaker, not just a retailer, so if there are technical issues related to the motorcycle then he should be able to give you valid advice.
I bought a cheap and light weight watch there with a face that's similar to the stem cap items pictured above, and it has given me no trouble in 15 years of regular use, but I don't ride a motorcycle.
Graeme H
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:36 am
Location: Perth WA

Re: Which Watch?

Postby gclark8 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:01 pm

Time for the time: :idea:
Image
Cheers,
George.
User avatar
gclark8
 
Posts: 956
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Bassendean, WA

Re: Which Watch?

Postby gclark8 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:59 pm

Having the clock on the bike proved its value yesterday.
As I approached a 40kph School Zone at 60kph a quick glance at the clock showed the time of 09:20, immediately dropped the speed to sub 40, saved a rather large fine! :shock: Prior to having the clock, I would have stayed at 60kph.
Cheers,
George.
User avatar
gclark8
 
Posts: 956
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Bassendean, WA

Re: Which Watch?

Postby Baalzamon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:13 pm

gclark8 wrote:Having the clock on the bike proved its value yesterday.
As I approached a 40kph School Zone at 60kph a quick glance at the clock showed the time of 09:20, immediately dropped the speed to sub 40, saved a rather large fine! :shock: Prior to having the clock, I would have stayed at 60kph.


Isn't school zones over here in perth 7:30am to 9am?
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810
Image
Baalzamon
 
Posts: 4588
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:23 pm
Location: Yangebup

Re: Which Watch?

Postby gclark8 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:32 pm

Baalzamon wrote:
gclark8 wrote:Having the clock on the bike proved its value yesterday.
As I approached a 40kph School Zone at 60kph a quick glance at the clock showed the time of 09:20, immediately dropped the speed to sub 40, saved a rather large fine! :shock: Prior to having the clock, I would have stayed at 60kph.
Isn't school zones over here in perth 7:30am to 9am?
Most are, this one in Nedlands/Claremont is 9:30, we have one in Bassendean which has no holidays!
Cheers,
George.
User avatar
gclark8
 
Posts: 956
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Bassendean, WA

Re: Which Watch?

Postby gclark8 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:41 pm

So that's the bike taken care of, now a little something for me. :wink:
With Metronet in the offing, time for a little train spotting, so a Swiss Railway Watch is the go! :idea:
http://www.thegoodstore.com.au/d1091-14 ... ket-watch/
Image
Cheers,
George.
User avatar
gclark8
 
Posts: 956
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Bassendean, WA

Re: Which Watch?

Postby kb » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:36 am

Image
User avatar
kb
 
Posts: 881
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:22 pm


Return to The Shed

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers
> BNA Cycling Kit