ACF Strava Club

toolonglegs

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby toolonglegs » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:02 am

100 miles this weekend... um no. Don't they know it is still cold in the old world!. 40 kms today and toes / fingers / old fella were losing all blood flow :lol: .

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:22 am

toolonglegs wrote: old fella were losing all blood flow :lol: .
Nothing worse than losing feeling here, it's like a bunch of needles being stuck into it, :shock: or maybe it is the missus with a Voodoo replica getting pleasure from causing you pain and discomfort. :twisted: :lol:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

norbs

Postby norbs » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:52 am

Being unemployed finally paid off. I go the 100 mile ride out of the way yesterday. Lucky, it is horrid here today.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:32 pm

foo on patrol wrote:
toolonglegs wrote: old fella were losing all blood flow :lol: .
Nothing worse than losing feeling here, it's like a bunch of needles being stuck into it, :shock: or maybe it is the missus with a Voodoo replica getting pleasure from causing you pain and discomfort. :twisted: :lol:

Foo
yeah losing all feeling in hands and feet is not nice ( although it was no where near that cold yesterday ) ... But forgetting to wear my 3rd sock was a silly move yesterday :-) .
I need to go and buy some more heat pads but that means a trip into the big city!... Spring can only be a week or so away... Perfect Het Volk ( our what ever they call it now ) weather :-) .
Well done Norbs... A few on here seem to have had the same idea yesterday!.

clydesmcdale

Postby clydesmcdale » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:22 am

Completed the 161km Quarq challenge on Saturday due to Sunday forecast.

Wasn't too bad... except for the group ride smashfest that kicked in just as I clocked over 100km mark that went for the next 20 at 40km/h. Coffee and refuel then off for the last 40. Still a little tired. But glad I got the kays in befor the weather turned sour.

YouAgainstMe

Postby YouAgainstMe » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:41 pm

What's with this strava segment? http://app.strava.com/segments/3340108" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Avg grade - 26%, Lowest elv - -93m, Highest 27m, Dif 120m
Anyone that knows the spot will know that it is hardly a climb let alone a cat 4. Is there a way to edit segments with the correct info?

norbs

Postby norbs » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:05 pm

YouAgainstMe wrote:What's with this strava segment? http://app.strava.com/segments/3340108" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anyone that knows the spot will know that it is hardly a climb let alone a cat 4. Is there a way to edit segments with the correct info?
A glitch in the Strava system. Happens a lot.

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:05 pm

YouAgainstMe wrote:What's with this strava segment? http://app.strava.com/segments/3340108" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
From Velo viewer -

How to correct your segment’s bad elevation data

Visit the Strava Support Site.
Login (if not already logged in).
“SUBMIT A REQUEST”.
Pick “Segments :: Bad data” from the “I need help with” list.
Add a catchy subject like “Incorrect elevation data”.
Paste each offending Strava segment url into the description box (e.g. http://app.strava.com/segments/808884" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, if you’ve navigated to the segment in the context of a ride then hit the “Go to segment page »” link at the top of the map). Worth adding all your dodgy segments in one support request to save extra admin hassle at Strava.
Say a big THANK YOU to the support staff and hit the “Submit” button.
Submit the request.

The support staff are happy to do this and usually complete them in a day or two.

YouAgainstMe

Postby YouAgainstMe » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:18 pm

Thanks singlespeed, I followed those directions until I got this https://strava.zendesk.com/entries/2095 ... gment-Data" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pretty much just have to hide the segment, I might hide it and make a slightly different one.

Cheers,

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:59 pm

norbs wrote:
A glitch in strava or google?... or a glitch with the person's data who made the segment?.

norbs

Postby norbs » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:56 pm

toolonglegs wrote:
norbs wrote:
A glitch in strava or google?... or a glitch with the person's data who made the segment?.

Good question.

I know Strava has some issues. There is a spot near me where apparently the seaside cliff is 300m up the road. :) It shows as flat on the Garmin, but once in Strava, there is a 15m drop :)

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:26 pm

I'm feeling somewhat guilty as I start to pad out my area with some good segments (tons of hills, good solid distances over a couple kms) and I pad out my signature with KOMs, but there you go. They need to hurry up and take me on!! 8)

Red Rider

Postby Red Rider » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:42 pm

I'm currently 22nd on the Train Like Taylor challenge :mrgreen: Had a long ride this morning which has me at 13% of the challenge, also pushing the pedals into town this arvo and going for a longish ride tomorrow morning! So who knows, I may get a little higher :)

I didn't think I'd have much chance doing 32 hours in 16 days, but things might just conspire to get me there :!:

Red Rider

Postby Red Rider » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:44 pm

Also, the top speed errors on Strava really irk me, for my last ride it has my top speed as 91.6km/h :!: Bryton has it at 76.5, which was accurate, why can't it get transferred properly :?:

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:29 pm

Red Rider wrote:I'm currently 22nd on the Train Like Taylor challenge :mrgreen: Had a long ride this morning which has me at 13% of the challenge, also pushing the pedals into town this arvo and going for a longish ride tomorrow morning! So who knows, I may get a little higher :)

I didn't think I'd have much chance doing 32 hours in 16 days, but things might just conspire to get me there :!:
i finished the 15 hr challenge this morning in the rain. Brisbane has had shocking weather this week. almost all my rides involved either rain, drizzle or wet roads. I'm currently the only one in ACF to finish it :shock:
Am sure jules will finish it tomorrow

EDIT: 1 dry ride in the last 6 days

albertgaleano

Postby albertgaleano » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:44 pm

Just started using strava on the iphone, how accurate is it compared to the Garmin etc????

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:33 pm

albertgaleano wrote:Just started using strava on the iphone, how accurate is it compared to the Garmin etc????
I lose about 10-20% on most rides using my iphone compared to others on the same ride using a Garmin... I think it depends on the maps in your area and how well your roads are mapped.

sblack

Postby sblack » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:02 pm

jasonc wrote: i finished the 15 hr challenge this morning in the rain. Brisbane has had shocking weather this week. almost all my rides involved either rain, drizzle or wet roads. I'm currently the only one in ACF to finish it :shock:

Congrats on being the first ACF member to finish. Don't think many areas have had the greatest weather for the challenge so it's been a real test for just what people will ride in. I'm contemplating what to do for my final ride or two to finish it off. Have a feeling it will involve getting covered in mud again :D

BrisVegas

Postby BrisVegas » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:42 pm

jasonc wrote:i finished the 15 hr challenge this morning in the rain. Brisbane has had shocking weather this week. almost all my rides involved either rain, drizzle or wet roads. I'm currently the only one in ACF to finish it :shock:

Top effort mate! I only managed a commute or two and a riverloop on Thursday (dryish). Supposed to do a Redcliffe ride tomorrow, but it's not looking good.
2004 Litespeed Tuscany Ti SRAM Force 2x10 & 2021 Bombtrack Hook EXT SRAM Rival 1x11

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:46 pm

Kedron Brook and the Boondall wetlands are currently under water. Riding up the hill outside the dump I almost lost the front there was that much water rushing down the pathway.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:27 pm

cheers for the comments guys. can't believe I'm the only one to have finished from ACF with a day to go.

as I said weather was unpleasant, but it was one I could do "for my country"
and by the looks of the weather we've had since I got home, I finished just in time.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:28 am

I would have finished it on Friday if I cbf doing it haha. I'll finish it after work tomorrow. Its only an hour or so to go :P

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:07 pm

Totally missed the opp to finish the challenge after having to take two days off :roll:

Baldy

Postby Baldy » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:12 pm

Hey Stravaerers

I have a ride where the garmin was playing up, not showing speed. Only fix was to swap bikes in the menu or turn it off and on. Then I forgot to press start again a couple of times.

I remember reading about a program that fixes wonky gps tracks but cant think of the name? Not even sure it would work but worth a try.

Baldy

Postby Baldy » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:21 pm

Found it. race shape.

Trying it now.