Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

jheeno

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jheeno » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:37 pm

I now have a soft spot for bikebug.
Delivered within 2 days.
When i build a cart of stuff i want, i often I have to split between two orders because other stores don't have what I need.
Last two purchases I was able to compile a complete list without splitting orders.
Prices are very competative too !
Foor pump was dead on arrival and they shipped a new one on the same day
awesome

Cmm

Postby Cmm » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:00 pm

Purchased a frame in wa last Monday found out today still sitting in Perth :shock: so when I see 4-7 day turn around for America/uk I just scratch my head

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:17 pm

Cmm wrote:Purchased a frame in wa last Monday found out today still sitting in Perth :shock: so when I see 4-7 day turn around for America/uk I just scratch my head
Well dont hold your breath. I'm just north of the city in Two Rocks. I bought a frame from the USA which took 7 days from order to get to Melbourne which I was very happy with. Its still not here :!:
That was back on the 22nd of Feb. Auspost is........ Forget it, I've nothing nice to say about them. :(
Surly Ogre, Extrawheel trailer.

Cmm

Postby Cmm » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:56 am

rifraf wrote:
Cmm wrote:Purchased a frame in wa last Monday found out today still sitting in Perth :shock: so when I see 4-7 day turn around for America/uk I just scratch my head
Well dont hold your breath. I'm just north of the city in Two Rocks. I bought a frame from the USA which took 7 days from order to get to Melbourne which I was very happy with. Its still not here :!:
That was back on the 22nd of Feb. Auspost is........ Forget it, I've nothing nice to say about them. :(

Hey rifraf

Mine isn't coming through aus post it's coming via courier which I thought would have been better service.

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:59 pm

Cmm wrote:
rifraf wrote:

Hey rifraf

Mine isn't coming through aus post it's coming via courier which I thought would have been better service.
Not sure what the occasion was but be aware it was a long weekend just past here in WA which might have added to your woes. :idea:

I can stop feeling like choking someone really hard as my frame has today turned up. The truck drivers on strike and auspost resorting to courier pigeon :?:

Hey Cmm, are you sure you didnt click courier "pigeon" by mistake? :idea: :roll: :lol: :lol:
Surly Ogre, Extrawheel trailer.

Cmm

Postby Cmm » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:46 pm

Not sure what the occasion was but be aware it was a long weekend just past here in WA which might have added to your woes. :idea:

I can stop feeling like choking someone really hard as my frame has today turned up. The truck drivers on strike and auspost resorting to courier pigeon :?:

Hey Cmm, are you sure you didnt click courier "pigeon" by mistake? :idea: :roll: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

It was labour day over there.

But that shouldnt have mattered the goods were given over to the courier company last tuesday and was still in Perth this morning!

boss

Postby boss » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:49 pm

sb944 wrote: BikeBug, I can confirm not everything they say "In Stock" for they actually have in stock. 6 days, but still just quicker than UK, and in this case cheaper and local store return piece of mind for me.
Yep I had the same experience, and I read a few others had the same problem.

They are/were running a really competitive price on Radar Path Photochromic shades ($240 - closest online price is $270 from c r c). I was a little cautious as I'd seen some mixed reports about Bike Bug, but the price was right.

Ordered yesterday afternoon and asked politely if they'd be able to drop them into an express bag on the order, and also followed it up with an email. Didn't hear back and was getting a little nervous due to mixed reputation, so flicked them a facebook message this morning.

Commend them on their prompt follow up to FB message, but got told that the shades aren't in stock and they'd get them ASAP.

Personally I'm not one to trust a shop to be speedy in ordering out-of-stock gear. Especially if they aren't efficient enough to have their inventory system down. So I asked them to cancel the order, to which they obliged, but I'm still waiting for the $$$ to come through (it's Paypal so it should be immediate).

While the situation has been fixed within 24 hours of initial order, the cynic in me says that the only reason it's been resolved is due to me being a pain in their backside.

Once bitten, twice shy. Safe to say, I won't be shopping there again and obviously won't be recommending them.

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:49 pm

sb944 wrote:Wiggle order while $80-$10 and free delivery specials were on, came same day next week after order, first class efforst as usual from the UK.

BikeBug, I can confirm not everything they say "In Stock" for they actually have in stock. 6 days, but still just quicker than UK, and in this case cheaper and local store return piece of mind for me.
I too can confirm that. I only ordered a Garmin Edge 810 off them because they said it was in stock. After I hadn't got it in a week, I gave them a ring OHH out of stock Australia wide. So why does your website still say In Stock if your expecting stock

Soon as it came In Stock properly the Garmin Edge 810 was promptly shipped.
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:52 pm

Cell bikes ordered Monday night. Delivered to Brisbane on Wednesday via Couriers Please. Fast!

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:32 pm

outnabike wrote:This is the blurb I was handed off another site.

"Hello from Deal Extreme AU

Postby Simon888 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:57 pm
Hello everyone,

My name is Alex and I am the Deal Extreme representative for Australia, so If you have any questions about Deal Extreme, then don't hesitate to get in touch. I'll try to answer any queries if I can.

Deal Extreme now has a special AU Direct Policy and will be using TOLL delivery service to deliver in stock items to South and Eastern Australian States within 5-7 working days. We have a range or products from LEDs, Alarm Systems, GPS, Flash lights, Car Accessories and electronics, tools, camping gear....etc"

Problem is on the site when ordering , they do not state if the product is out of stock. They take the money first then ask you to wait or cancel.
Just an update; the order is cancelled and money is supposed to get refunded. All because of my many emails and due to me raising the deal as a dispute. As I was getting no reply, it was or seemed my only option. Once you create a dispute it affects their PR Dept and gets their attention.
Vivente World Randonneur complete with panniers

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:56 pm

InTheWoods wrote:Cell bikes ordered Monday night. Delivered to Brisbane on Wednesday via Couriers Please. Fast!
Thanks for the feedback. We're doing our best to make sure you get it even faster, hopefully by Tuesday, if you order on Monday.
Cheers, website mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.this link is broken/contact-us

boss

Postby boss » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:14 pm

CELL Bikes wrote:
InTheWoods wrote:Cell bikes ordered Monday night. Delivered to Brisbane on Wednesday via Couriers Please. Fast!
Thanks for the feedback. We're doing our best to make sure you get it even faster, hopefully by Tuesday, if you order on Monday.
Cheers, website mgr Mark
Good work Mark. You guys are definitely the most reliable online store in AUS. The only interstate store (I'm in SA) that ill support in Australia right now!

CE and bike bug are a rabble.

thomashouseman

Postby thomashouseman » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:31 pm

CELL Bikes wrote: Thanks for the feedback. We're doing our best to make sure you get it even faster, hopefully by Tuesday, if you order on Monday.
Cheers, website mgr Mark
Pls don't do it at the expense of higher shipping fees or at least give us a choice in shipping method if you do.

vinski

Postby vinski » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:34 pm

Im still waiting for my first purchase from Cell Bikes to arrive. Order during the free shipping weekend, still hasnt arrived :cry:

Not a good start.

Vinski

vinski

Postby vinski » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:30 pm

Got everything today - all good!

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:25 pm

vinski wrote:Got everything today - all good!
Hi Vinski, most of our orders are received within 48hrs from the time they are sent if you live in a metro area.

If you (or anyone) is waiting 5 days or longer, please let me know (mark@this link is broken) and I'll see what's happening.

Thanks for your feedback on the BNA forum, it keeps us honest and on our toes!

-website mgr Mark

scirocco

Postby scirocco » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:25 pm

Order from Total Cycling in the UK (pedals, bibs, chain, tyres and tubes). None of the other UK stores had exactly what I wanted, so went to TC. Prices were very good but shipping expensive and goes up with order value - none of this free shipping over a certain value that other stores offer.

Ordered 4 March, dispatched 5 March, arrived in WA 11 March. All correct and present. Pretty good I thought.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:01 am

boss wrote:Good work Mark. You guys are definitely the most reliable online store in AUS. The only interstate store (I'm in SA) that ill support in Australia right now!

CE and bike bug are a rabble.
No worries. I've read good things about Bike Bug, and they have great prices as well! (I'm sure we look at each other, haha). CE definitely has some crazy prices as well.
Once some of the suppliers smarten up, they can give us all lower wholesale prices, so we can then give you guys even lower prices.
If everyone's prices are competitive, then it just comes down to who has superior service, which will make it 'win-win' for you guys!

Let's hope we all get there eventually.

-website mgr Mark

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:08 am

thomashouseman wrote:Pls don't do it at the expense of higher shipping fees or at least give us a choice in shipping method if you do.
Mate, only a fool would raise prices on shipping without any cheaper alternatives!

We're actually looking into a way to provide even cheaper shipping, and choose AUSpost, Courier, and various Express services, for people who have a race or something, and need something super urgently.

Wiggle, c r c, etc really have a huge advantage with Royal Mail being so big and resourceful!

Did you know...that it can cost Wiggle less to ship to a metro city in Australia, than to a remote place in the UK!

Wiggle and other shops keep us all on our toes, and when you guys say "why can we get it shipped faster from the UK", it really makes us work harder to make sure you get it in 48hrs or less, if you are in a metro area in Oz.

-website mgr Mark

greatapoc

Postby greatapoc » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:46 am

I've had some great experiences with Cell lately. A few weeks back they ran a promo on Shimano sunglasses so I put an order in for a pair. I didn't hear anything back for about 5 days so I sent an email and was told they were on backorder and should be in the next couple of days. So I waited again and hadn't heard anything and sent another email to which I was told they didn't know when the model I had ordered were coming in. I wasn't too pleased with not receiving any correspondence but I was offered a $30 discount code for my next purchase and I changed the order to a different pair which they discounted for me since the sale was no longer on.

Another order I had picked an assortment of items (making use of the discount coupon + free shipping weekend) on a Monday and they were promptly delivered on Tuesday. This has been the turnaround on every order except the one I had listed above so shipping has always been fantastic. They only problem with this order was that instead of receiving the cassette tool I received a chain tool instead. Everything else in the order was correct. I sent an email and was quickly told they would immediately send out the correct part that day and I could keep the chain tool. All my communications have been with Daniel and he's been fantastic.

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:32 am

Does Cell offer PayPal yet by any chance?
I think Last order I made was cc only.
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

clydesmcdale

Postby clydesmcdale » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:37 am

Had my GSC-10 sensor from my Garmin Edge Bundle I bought last September go bad. Sent it back to Wiggle through their warranty assessment procedure and they sent out a new one within 14 days. Happy days and will continue to buy with confidence from them.

Gerry.M

Postby Gerry.M » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:21 pm

Bought some tyres + tubes from cell during their free shipping weekend recently, ordered friday afternoon, arrived monday afternoon (Melbourne).
As with any other order I've had with them always quick and being able to track it with couriers please is handy too!
In fact all the orders I've ever made with cell have arrived within 2-3 business days.

My only complaint with cell so far is I made an order around christmas for a jersey, pedals and a rack and the bolts and fittings came in a plastic bag tied to the rack.
Unfortunately this bag had a tear in it and one of the little bolts was missing, I presume dropped out during packing. It wasn't in the package box or anywhere else to be found.
It happen to be exactly the same size as one of the bottle cage bolts so I just stole one of those instead..
Perhaps more QC is needed at the warehouse when picking/packing items?

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:29 pm

Gerry.M wrote:My only complaint with cell so far is I made an order around christmas for a jersey, pedals and a rack and the bolts and fittings came in a plastic bag tied to the rack.
Unfortunately this bag had a tear in it and one of the little bolts was missing, I presume dropped out during packing. It wasn't in the package box or anywhere else to be found.
It happen to be exactly the same size as one of the bottle cage bolts so I just stole one of those instead..
Perhaps more QC is needed at the warehouse when picking/packing items?
Hi Gerry.M, comments like yours are what improves us. We always try our best, and while some things may be out of our control, things we can control are sorting you out with 100% satisfaction, as well as being more careful on our end of the shipping cycle.

I've bought your comments to the attention of Gary, our Warehouse manager, and he will speak to the boys, to let them know, that these packages are going to real, live people, who are looking forward to their order from us, and that they aren't just handling some random package going off to who knows where.

We actually do this already, the constant reinforcement, but your comments will hit harder, as they will be able to read real feedback that is a direct result of their work.

-website mgr Mark

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:31 pm

MarkG wrote:Does Cell offer PayPal yet by any chance?
I think Last order I made was cc only.
Good news! PayPal is coming!

Stay tuned for when.

-website mgr Mark