Buying from Jensonusa.com

rifraf

Re: Buying from Jensonusa.com

Postby rifraf » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:13 pm

Baalzamon wrote:What no frame :shock:
Well at least you can get the wheels built up.
I'd be taking photos and emailing Jenson with them and following up with a phone call when they opened up say 1-2hrs after opening
Thats a good suggestion - thanks :!: Now I've calmed down, I'm sure its a simple communication breakdown somewhere :idea: . Repeated cut offs after being forced to go through protracted option menu's with my new touch screen phone which I cant use properly was doing my head in. The recording of a really annoying womans voice was irritating me no end. In fact its likely just as well I was continually cut off as my sense of humor and reason had exited left. Its in the lap of the gods. I'm going to buy a nice bottle of wine and climb right in this evening. :idea: No doubt the frame will arrive when and if its supposed to. If not I'll just have to buy a better one. Hope your days been better than mine or at least you've handled it better :oops:
Surly Ogre, Extrawheel trailer.

RonK

Postby RonK » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:36 pm

To get through an IVR system, press the hash key half a dozen times. You'll be talking to a CSR in no time.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

bella26

Postby bella26 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:36 pm

I hope your frame turns up...

I placed an order with Jenson in late December for some MTB gear. I chose the USPS method for postage and was resigned to it taking a few weeks given the Christmas/New Years break. Sad to report nothing ever turned up. I contacted Jenson about this when four weeks had passed and still no shipment had arrived. Their response was that the USPS will not call a parcel 'missing'or 'lost' until 60 days have passed. I was advised I would have to wait until then and see what happens.

Well it's been 60 days. Still nothing has turned up. I sent off another email to Jenson and asked for my money back. Glad to say they are refunding my purchase in full. Needless to say I still won't be purchasing from them again. To be told you have to wait 2 months before they can look into refunding a purchase is ridiculous.

I've not had an issue with Wiggle, c r c, Cell or Torpedo 7 so shall be sticking with them from hereon in.
2014 Bianchi Infinito CV 2012 Wilier Gran Turismo 2012 Specialized Epic FSR Comp 29er

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:08 pm

Sorry to hear that rifraf - esp as I was one of the people that discouraged you from UPS because of a bad customer experience, which is exactly what you have ended up with

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:50 pm

RonK wrote:To get through an IVR system, press the hash key half a dozen times. You'll be talking to a CSR in no time.
Thanks for the tip - must write that one down.
I must point out that I failed to communicate that my major frustration was with the phoning and dealing with Auspost. I had great difficulty with their telephony system which coupled with my problems using my unlearnt phone made for a large barrier getting through to someone who might help.
I've just had my at least 10 year old Nokia 5510 give up the ghost and have been given a touch screen phone. I was used to a full press button querty keyboard and this touch screen is for me a huge learning curve. A few of the staff were probably having an equally difficult day and were perhaps a little less than helpful I thought. I'll try to remember that hash key trick.

bella26 wrote:I hope your frame turns up...

I placed an order with Jenson in late December for some MTB gear. I chose the USPS method for postage and was resigned to it taking a few weeks given the Christmas/New Years break. Sad to report nothing ever turned up. I contacted Jenson about this when four weeks had passed and still no shipment had arrived. Their response was that the USPS will not call a parcel 'missing'or 'lost' until 60 days have passed. I was advised I would have to wait until then and see what happens.

Well it's been 60 days. Still nothing has turned up. I sent off another email to Jenson and asked for my money back. Glad to say they are refunding my purchase in full. Needless to say I still won't be purchasing from them again. To be told you have to wait 2 months before they can look into refunding a purchase is ridiculous.

I've not had an issue with Wiggle, c r c, Cell or Torpedo 7 so shall be sticking with them from hereon in.
Fingers crossed you have a good outcome Bella26. I feel sure that Jenson wouldnt have had you have that experience if possible. I'm confident somethings gone wrong in the transportation system somewhere. Horrible for you to feel so helpless with no offer of a speedy solution. I appreciate your frustration.
I believe the 60 day thing is conditional of the postal systems involved.
Good luck with your situation and I hope your outcome has a positive solution.
find_bruce wrote:Sorry to hear that rifraf - esp as I was one of the people that discouraged you from UPS because of a bad customer experience, which is exactly what you have ended up with
All good Find_bruce. Jenson have been most prompt with their replies to my emails thank goodness. I am partially to blame for the state of confusion (damn it) Going back through my numerous emails from Jenson it turns out they sent me an apology email for a 24hr delay which actually included a different tracking number. I hadn't been clear on this as I thought I'd already received the tracking number. I hadnt got that it was a different one due to receiving about 3 Jenson emails together with a tracking number message. The other two messages included mentioning both the rims and frame and not a splitting up of packages. I just took it as one shipment. All is not lost. No sign yet of the frame but I'm more than happy with my correspondence with Jenson that its on the way. USPS tracking suggests it cleared customs a day after the rims. I'm confident at this stage that its a simple communication breakdown for which I have a part of the responsibility for. I'm not unhappy with your advice as I would by far by more enraged by an add on fee from UPS. Thanks for your thoughts. :D

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:08 pm

What would be fantastic and make life so much easier for those awaiting parcels is a few more scans and updating of the tracking sites.
The tracking numbers only work on the USPS site and not Auspost yet the parcels are in the hands of Auspost.

Whilst the service is "Priority Post" stateside, it ceases to be once it hit Australian shores.

For some reason once it clears customs in Australia, there appears to be no further tracking done despite the Auspost insisting there would be updating once the parcels hitting Perth.
The tracking page for my delivered yesterday package (rims) says "Your item was processed through a facility in AUSTRALIA on February 21, 2013 at 11:56 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination." which isn't particularly helpful :lol: :lol: :lol:

Time this antiquated tracking system was updated me thinks :|

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:22 pm

Bloomin Eck :!: A week after my last post, having just about given up on seeing it, one black (to match my mood) Surly Ogre arrives.
I thought Ze Germans were pedestrian with regards to postage. The hold up is here :!: Not overseas as I thought. This frame made Aussie shores and then Processed Through Sort Facility back on the 22nd of last month. Nightmare :!: :roll:

Not Jensons fault as they have been extremely speedy with all communication and prompt with their dispatch of goods. I'd happily buy from Jensonusa again in a heartbeat but I'd be seriously looking at another arrangement with regards to shipping options to save myself going through this again. USPS is probably fine,
but I'd use a service with better tracking so "someone" has "some" idea of just where the heck an item is. :twisted:

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:06 pm

Interestingly after I selected Australia for delivery, the JensonUSA cart now says "* To your doorstep price » You will not be responsible for brokerage, duties, or taxes upon delivery." so I have braved UPS delivery & will wait and see if the brown manage to deliver on Friday like they claim.

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:25 pm

find_bruce wrote:Interestingly after I selected Australia for delivery, the JensonUSA cart now says "* To your doorstep price » You will not be responsible for brokerage, duties, or taxes upon delivery." so I have braved UPS delivery & will wait and see if the brown manage to deliver on Friday like they claim.
Thats good news Find_Bruce, I hope that means you wont be on the receiving end of any delays this side of the water. That undertaking about the no extra fees has to be a load off. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

This is what I've been awaiting on and whingeing about for the last couple of weeks:

I particularly like the plated bolt heads for the bidons and stainless seatpost clamp

Just have to decide which part of the forum to highlight its build into a touring bike. Traditionally this has been done in the Touring Australia section, but that was before we had a Touring Bikes and Equipment section and I'm inclined to showcase the metamorphosis in the latter area.