7 Peaks Series

grasshopper

Re: 7 Peaks Series

Postby grasshopper » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:29 am

Any chicks here who do a bit of climbing but would like some support for the dreaded Baw Baw? The Climbing Cyclist/Hells 500 crew are hoping to get 50 chicks for this one, after 40 at Lake Mountain last weekend. Details on Fb. Very supportive bunch of people. :)

yarravalleyplodder

Postby yarravalleyplodder » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:42 pm

OldnSlow wrote:Well done YVP, its a good ride from Mansfield but adding Buller to it makes it 'Epic', Great pic with Andy and Matt, I thought I recognised you, you are the one with your hand up. lol

Whats the next mountain for you.
Thanks OldnSlow.

yes I am the one with y hand up, glad you recognised me given that I am the 7th in from the left, black top & white helmet :D

I am back to work tomorrow :cry: so I think the mountain climbs will start to slow up between now and easter. I will do donna again, maybe buller with the climbing cyclist / hells crew on the 12th of Feb, but if I do I will start from merimbah, not mansfield.

I am looking forward to getting back to Mt Dandenong, I will hit that next weekend :D
2011 Felt F75
2012 Fuji Nevada 2.0

slipsam

Postby slipsam » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:26 pm

For those who are still trying to get the 7 peaks completed, they have extended the deadline to the end of April due to the fires & landslip at Hotham. Happy about that, as the re-routing of 3 Peaks meant I wouldn't get Hotham done. Should be right now.

Toyopet

Postby Toyopet » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:34 pm

Hotham might still be possible if you're staying more than a couple of days in the Alps this weekend.
And if you feel up to it either side of the 3 Peaks Challenge :?:
Email received from BNV yesterday included the following info.......

"2013 Route
Great strides have been made with repairs to the road up Mt Hotham, including it being conditionally open this long weekend. However, we have determined that this route is not fit for the SCODY 3 Peaks Challenge. We therefore stick with our decision to adopt the alternative route via Mt Buffalo—which we told you about last week."

slipsam

Postby slipsam » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:08 am

Toyopet wrote:Hotham might still be possible if you're staying more than a couple of days in the Alps this weekend.
And if you feel up to it either side of the 3 Peaks Challenge :?:
"
That was the prospect I was facing, having to do Hotham the morning after 3 Peaks :(
Thankfully can now leave it to early April, although may have a crack if I cope OK on Sunday (unlikely!) :D

VRE

Postby VRE » Sat May 11, 2013 11:43 am

I just picked up the 7 Peaks jersey at my local post office :D . Very nice piece of work it is, too. Full-length zipper, relatively large 3 rear pockets, good material, and the overall design of text, logos, images and colour looks great.