Your Responsibilities When You Post

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Your Responsibilities When You Post

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:19 pm

Just dealing with a nasty incident - in short a members post resulted in me being threatened with legal action.
The member was promptly asked to help rectify this however refused and disappointing argued their right to their actions/post in the forum and later per PM.

Most members here know how it works, so this is a reminder - in the Forum Rules and Legals, each member takes responsibility for what they post and should be aware that posts that contravene the terms and conditions of this site/forum will be removed. If you do not agree then please don't participate - I am not able to or prepaid to spend my time fighting for the "freedom of speech" for members who decide that they disagree with the rules of participation.

It's not rocket science and I am thankful to the majority of the members who participate fantastically, but hope that this small notice raises awareness for background on the decision to remove certain posts that defame and are simply against forum rules.

Thank you
Christopher
Cycling is in my BNA

MichaelB

Re: Your Responsibilities When You Post

Postby MichaelB » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:51 am

Hi Chris,

Glad that you have the common sense to actively squash some of the overboard stuff.

Thanks for the salient reminder though. Will remember that manners matter :D

Jesmol

Postby Jesmol » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:13 am

Would it be simpler to have a blanket "No vendor verdicts" good or bad policy ?

sogood

Postby sogood » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:44 am

Thanks again to Chris for hosting this forum site and dealing with these issues.

For those who have an axe to grind, try Facebook or Twitter to avoid imposing unpleasant work on others.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:54 am

Thanks for the comments.

On the 'No Vender Verdicts', for much of this it is common sense. I don't mind people sharing an opinion "I like X better than Y because they are faster and have better customer service" - this, I feel, is reasonable - just when it goes to far as to negatively affect the reputation of a person, organisation or business.

It is worth noting that most members are great - and I / we appreciate the support, for example reporting questionable posts that help us quickly clear these things out.
Cycling is in my BNA