Qld weather venting posts

User avatar
munga
Posts: 6916
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:17 pm
Location: wowe
Contact:

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby munga » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:56 pm

all this crap weather has turned you all into pommy whingers! 8)
take my advice - i don't need it!

User avatar
Lukeyboy
Posts: 3116
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Lukeyboy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:52 am

You call that a pothole? This is a pot hole :twisted:
Image

Is the oil slick still there on the run back down the hill on Mt Coot-tha?
Image

jasonc
Posts: 8323
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby jasonc » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:37 am

Lukeyboy wrote:Is the oil slick still there on the run back down the hill on Mt Coot-tha?


didn't notice the oil slick yesterday (similar time to elantra actually) but watch out for the pothole just before the 1km mark on the downhill.
Image

BrisVegas
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:37 pm
Location: Bardon, QLD

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby BrisVegas » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:55 am

woot! got a dryish riverloop in this morning. Glad too, as I put new bartape on last night and was rocking some new gloves. Old gloves and bartape had gotten too manky in all the rain we've been having.
Litespeed Tuscany Ti, Trek Superfly AL 29er, Trek 8000 rigid MTB

User avatar
Lukeyboy
Posts: 3116
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Lukeyboy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:27 pm

jasonc wrote:
Lukeyboy wrote:Is the oil slick still there on the run back down the hill on Mt Coot-tha?


didn't notice the oil slick yesterday (similar time to elantra actually) but watch out for the pothole just before the 1km mark on the downhill.



Well that's good to hear. It was in patches every 10-15m in the middle of the lane and at "50kph" you cover that distance very quickly :P

Image
Image
Image

clydesmcdale
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:43 pm

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby clydesmcdale » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:26 pm

Made hay while the sun was shining and went out for a lunch time River loop. Was smashing it till just before the Tennis Centre, then hit a head wind that seemed to persist all the way to Dutton Park and took alot out of me. Slowed me up until I caught a bit of second wind after Dornoch Terrace Decent then came home strong.

User avatar
elantra
Posts: 2099
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:01 am
Location: Trying to avoid the Brisbane traffic.

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby elantra » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:15 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:
jasonc wrote:
didn't notice the oil slick yesterday (similar time to elantra actually) but watch out for the pothole just before the 1km mark on the downhill.


Well that's good to hear. It was in patches every 10-15m in the middle of the lane and at "50kph" you cover that distance very quickly :P


Were you doing 50km/hr or 50 mile/hr or something in between ?

On another note, the closure of the old road just downhill from where your photos are taken is a major PITA.
That was the much more pleasant descent route and very popular for training purposes by club riders.
"Technology gives us much more information but Education is never be able to give us the skill to evaluate it"

jasonc
Posts: 8323
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby jasonc » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:27 pm

elantra wrote:
Lukeyboy wrote:
jasonc wrote:
didn't notice the oil slick yesterday (similar time to elantra actually) but watch out for the pothole just before the 1km mark on the downhill.


Well that's good to hear. It was in patches every 10-15m in the middle of the lane and at "50kph" you cover that distance very quickly :P


Were you doing 50km/hr or 50 mile/hr or something in between ?

On another note, the closure of the old road just downhill from where your photos are taken is a major PITA.
That was the much more pleasant descent route and very popular for training purposes by club riders.


strava says I averaged 43km/h down the back
Image

User avatar
Lukeyboy
Posts: 3116
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:03 pm

Strava said I averaged 56kph :x
Image

jasonc
Posts: 8323
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby jasonc » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:25 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:Strava said I averaged 56kph :x


Image
Image

User avatar
Lukeyboy
Posts: 3116
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:39 pm

My brakes failed while slipstreaming the ambulance.

Image
Image

User avatar
elantra
Posts: 2099
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:01 am
Location: Trying to avoid the Brisbane traffic.

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby elantra » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:53 am

Better weather this morning...will it last ?

Image

descended via the TV stations (back way) so very careful (roads still wet) and totally within the speed limit.
"Technology gives us much more information but Education is never be able to give us the skill to evaluate it"

User avatar
Dan
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:32 pm
Location: Vegas, baby

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Dan » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:57 am

I wish it wasn't so hot.


elantra wrote:Better weather this morning...will it last ?

Image

descended via the TV stations (back way) so very careful (roads still wet) and totally within the speed limit.


Elantra, I can't believe how wrong your brake lever set up is. Get a protractor, man!

jasonc
Posts: 8323
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby jasonc » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:03 am

Dan wrote:I wish it wasn't so hot.


elantra wrote:Better weather this morning...will it last ?

Image

descended via the TV stations (back way) so very careful (roads still wet) and totally within the speed limit.


Elantra, I can't believe how wrong your brake lever set up is. Get a protractor, man!


who needs a protractor when you've got a triple
Image

User avatar
Dan
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:32 pm
Location: Vegas, baby

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Dan » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:22 am

just in case anyone missed it.

Image

User avatar
Lukeyboy
Posts: 3116
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:54 am

Haha. The northside has been having some pretty good weather. Just every time I go for a ride it goes from this:
Image

To this:
Image

Sunshine also means a strong damn headwind from all directions :lol:
Image

User avatar
Dan
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:32 pm
Location: Vegas, baby

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Dan » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:15 pm

Lukeyboy -------> Image

User avatar
Lukeyboy
Posts: 3116
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:59 pm

That about sums it up.
Image

User avatar
DTdotcom
Posts: 938
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:35 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby DTdotcom » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:18 am

What a perfect morning for riding, and I have a video conference at 0700 typical!

User avatar
Dan
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:32 pm
Location: Vegas, baby

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Dan » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:40 am

Dimma wrote:What a perfect morning for riding, and I have a video conference at 0700 typical!


Aye, was lovely. Should've done more than 15km. Its on account of my super rain jacket arriving yesterday, you know. I did it for you, Luke.

User avatar
elantra
Posts: 2099
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:01 am
Location: Trying to avoid the Brisbane traffic.

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby elantra » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:17 am

Dan wrote:
Dimma wrote:What a perfect morning for riding, and I have a video conference at 0700 typical!


Aye, was lovely. Should've done more than 15km. Its on account of my super rain jacket arriving yesterday, you know. I did it for you, Luke.


Thanks are also due to all of the others on this forum who have recently bought jackets, shoecovers, indoor trainers, pressure cleaners, amphibious devices etc.
"Technology gives us much more information but Education is never be able to give us the skill to evaluate it"

User avatar
InTheWoods
Posts: 1727
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:34 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby InTheWoods » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:51 am

elantra wrote:
Dan wrote:
Dimma wrote:What a perfect morning for riding, and I have a video conference at 0700 typical!


Aye, was lovely. Should've done more than 15km. Its on account of my super rain jacket arriving yesterday, you know. I did it for you, Luke.


Thanks are also due to all of the others on this forum who have recently bought jackets, shoecovers, indoor trainers, pressure cleaners, amphibious devices etc.


No problems :) Actually it was freezing here this morning, couldn't have been much over 20 degrees so I'll need the shoe covers again soon :)

User avatar
Lukeyboy
Posts: 3116
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Lukeyboy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:01 pm

Cheers for that Dan. I was getting really tired of cleaning my bike every second day. Now we're battling strong head winds it seems (doesn't seem too bad today though). Might be time to buy that Cervelo S5, some expensive Zipp deep dish rims, one piece lycra suit and an aero helmet :lol: :lol:
Image

User avatar
Dan
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:32 pm
Location: Vegas, baby

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Dan » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:16 pm

Like this ____ aero or like this ------ aero? ;)

User avatar
Lukeyboy
Posts: 3116
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am

Re: Qld weather venting posts

Postby Lukeyboy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:39 pm

Image

:lol:
Image

Return to “Queensland”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ignoto