Pedestrian hurt

Baalzamon

Pedestrian hurt

Postby Baalzamon » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:19 pm

Hit n run involving a cyclist, more details thewest
Hope the pedestrian isn't too badly hurt.
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

CycleSnail

Re: Pedestrian hurt

Postby CycleSnail » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:43 pm

The newspaper says the woman "is in a serious but stable condition".

Not sure how a person on a bicycle can inflict what sounds like a fair amount of damage, and not be aware of it. Not ok.
Support high quality cycling advocacy!

Karati

Postby Karati » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:05 pm

In a serious but stable condition after she "made it" to RPH.

In saying that...I see three types of tools each and everyday so I'm not that surprised.

tool type 1 - The cyclist who persist in riding through red lights on the terrace through swarms of pedestrians.
tool type 2 - The cyclist who cycles down the pavement through swarms of pedestrians.
tool type 3 - The pedestrian who casually struts across the road at the dome cafe/paragon area after coming from the bus station.

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:39 pm

What!? The West didn't allow comments on this article? Their gutter trawling incendiary instincts are slipping.
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.

Tornado

Postby Tornado » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:03 pm

You would think an impact that would cause serious injuries to a pedestrian would at least knock you off too. Posibly resulting in decent damage to you too. I would suspect CCTV footage may help in this case depending on where on the Terrace it was.

2015 Specialized Tarmac
2012 Avanti Giro3

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:26 pm

Tornado wrote:You would think an impact that would cause serious injuries to a pedestrian would at least knock you off too. Posibly resulting in decent damage to you too. I would suspect CCTV footage may help in this case depending on where on the Terrace it was.
The women just needs to hit her head on the ground to suffer serious injuries. This does not mean the cyclist has to come off for it to happen.

Not a good look at all :( Hope the lady recovers well and quickly.

Andrew

scirocco

Postby scirocco » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:36 pm

Our office admin lady thought that it was worth putting out an "office non-work-related safety alert" email about the incident.

Not sure what her motivation was. I haven't asked her yet if she would have done the same for a car hit and run.

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:44 pm

scirocco wrote:Our office admin lady thought that it was worth putting out an "office non-work-related safety alert" email about the incident..
FFS...
Dry day at the office gossip wise?
Trying to score quota KPI points for her next performance review?
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:34 am

HappyHumber wrote:
scirocco wrote:Our office admin lady thought that it was worth putting out an "office non-work-related safety alert" email about the incident..
FFS...
Dry day at the office gossip wise?
Trying to score quota KPI points for her next performance review?
Maybe it was remind people to look where they are going when walking/driving/cycling, not to txt when walking/driving /cycling, not to listen to an iDevice when doing said activities, and to check before "changing lanes" or stopping in the middle of "traffic" whether that be on the road, psp, or footpath?

You know, pay attention to your surroundings and act accordingly? Or maybe it was just warning people about cyclists who can't read minds? Or maybe not.

Sigh. At least hit and runs get reported fairly evenly in the press regardless of the vehicle involved.

I sincerely hope she is ok, just as I hope anyone involved in an altercation with any vehicle is ok. No one deserves a hospital trip for anything. I'm scared of them and have a habit of passing out while in them (yes, even as a visitor) so don't think anyone deserves to end up in one.