Popular Bike Shops
Join the Cycling Forums on Strava
Australian Cycling Forums on Strava
Latest Reviews and Articles
Will your next bike be Intelligent? ABS and Smart Bike Tech
Vitus Vitesse EVO Disc Review – Speed Machine indeed!
- Posts: 1916
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:21 am
- Location: Perth
Help local people maintain there bikes or get involved in restoring bikes to send to developing countries. There are several organization that do this, just Google it.
- Posts: 4714
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:12 am
- Location: New England
- young lady at work turns up on bicycle (after seeing mine) only some numpty has turned it into a pseudo single speed. I replaced everything with a nice old suntour group (cost me a day). Worth it just to see her ride to work 3 times a week.
- tip shop mountain bikes turned back around for friends.
- trying to rescue old 80s roadies, either broken down for storage or restored to rideable and handed on.
- friends of friends with busted stuff that is too small to take to the bike shop.
- my own bikes (cables, cleaning, tyres, tubes, spokes) it never seems to end but the mountain bikes are the worst.
- tandem stuff, the cheap ones are murder on wheels etc. there always seems to be something broken on a hard ridden tandem.
There just isn't enough time!
but really, that's rubbish. We get none of it because the choices are illusory.
- Mulger bill
- Super Mod
- Posts: 29016
- Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
- Location: Sunbury Vic
drubie wrote:There just isn't enough time!
You're a good man Drub'. Respect.
London Boy 29/12/2011
- Posts: 2294
- Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:52 am
- Location: Somewhere flat...
The everyday MTB is the exception with busted spoke nipple on the rear wheel which is a PITA since it has just received a ghetto tubeless conversion. I have a spare wheel for it but it needs a new freehub. I have a spare spare wheel but it's a Maddux boat anchor.
Off to the tip shop later to find an appropriate frame to make a wheel building jig out of...and I am so dreaming of an excuse to get me one of these
So the answer is no because it distracts me from all the other fun I might be having...
- Posts: 9999
- Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm
In the future perhaps... I can get them in the colour I want too.
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General Cycling Discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Malvern Star
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.