- Posts: 1904
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:21 am
- Location: Perth
Help local people maintain there bikes or get involved in restoring bikes to send to developing countries. There are several organization that do this, just Google it.
- Posts: 4714
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:12 am
- Location: New England
- young lady at work turns up on bicycle (after seeing mine) only some numpty has turned it into a pseudo single speed. I replaced everything with a nice old suntour group (cost me a day). Worth it just to see her ride to work 3 times a week.
- tip shop mountain bikes turned back around for friends.
- trying to rescue old 80s roadies, either broken down for storage or restored to rideable and handed on.
- friends of friends with busted stuff that is too small to take to the bike shop.
- my own bikes (cables, cleaning, tyres, tubes, spokes) it never seems to end but the mountain bikes are the worst.
- tandem stuff, the cheap ones are murder on wheels etc. there always seems to be something broken on a hard ridden tandem.
There just isn't enough time!
but really, that's rubbish. We get none of it because the choices are illusory.
- Mulger bill
- Super Mod
- Posts: 28776
- Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
- Location: Sunbury Vic
drubie wrote:There just isn't enough time!
You're a good man Drub'. Respect.
London Boy 29/12/2011
- Posts: 2273
- Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:52 am
- Location: Somewhere flat...
The everyday MTB is the exception with busted spoke nipple on the rear wheel which is a PITA since it has just received a ghetto tubeless conversion. I have a spare wheel for it but it needs a new freehub. I have a spare spare wheel but it's a Maddux boat anchor.
Off to the tip shop later to find an appropriate frame to make a wheel building jig out of...and I am so dreaming of an excuse to get me one of these
So the answer is no because it distracts me from all the other fun I might be having...
- Posts: 7922
- Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm
In the future perhaps... I can get them in the colour I want too.
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Cell Bikes
- Malvern Star
- Santa Cruz
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: mitchj
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.