Seeking female participants, Cycling Safety Research Survey

Wanda Griffin

Seeking female participants, Cycling Safety Research Survey

Postby Wanda Griffin » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:32 pm

Dear ladies,
I would like to extend a personal invite to all female cyclists to participate in my on line survey into cycling safety. As a female research student I am aiming to gather an equal representation of women. A balance of female and male participants will provide greater insight into the how cyclists experience interactions with other road users when riding through the urban environment. Please participate to ensure that there is a well represented female perspective on cycling.

Thanking you for your time and happy riding, Wanda

This survey has also been shared in Cycling Safety and advocacy
Cycling Safety Research Survey
by Wanda Griffin » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:59 pm
Survey titled: Judging accident risk at intersections for car drivers and cyclists.
QUT Ethics Approval Number: 1200000528

Dear cyclists,

I am a Masters by Research Student from the Queensland University of Technology, Centre for Accident Research and Road Safety - Queensland. I am looking for cyclists, aged over 17, with a car driver’s licence, who live in a major city or inner regional centre, to complete an online survey that will take approximately 20 minutes. Approval has been given by Christopher Jones (Founder) to share this survey on the BNA forum.

The purpose of this research is to investigate factors affecting cyclist safety at intersections, one of the road environments where cyclists are most at risk. This research will examine how you as a cyclist or a car driver experience travelling on the road through the urban environment. By gathering your knowledge we can gain a greater understanding about the risk you feel when interacting with various modes of transport in a range of traffic situations. Other information we would like to gather is regarding the number of years you have been driving or cycling, how regularly you use your bike /car, the distance and amount of time you travel. Your input will provide valuable knowledge and information that can be used to inform the development of road safety strategies and guide the development of a safer transport network.

Your participation in this project is entirely voluntary and all survey answers are anonymous, the names of individual persons are not required in any of the responses.

You are invited to go a random prize draw for one of five $100 Coles/Myer gift vouchers drawn at the conclusion of the survey, which will be by 31 May 2013 at the latest. Contact details for the prize draw will be kept separate from the responses this information will not be used for any other purposes, the prize draw and contact details will be destroyed once all vouchers have been claimed.

Please enter the following on line survey URL http://survey.qut.edu.au/f/175250/1bcd/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Many thanks for your consideration of this request
Wanda Griffin

Parker

Re: Seeking female participants, Cycling Safety Research Sur

Postby Parker » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:00 pm

Done :)

ILMB

Postby ILMB » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:16 pm

Done

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:20 pm

Parker wrote:Done :)

Done!
Lisa

TigerFilly

Postby TigerFilly » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:58 pm

Done :)

reefer

Postby reefer » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:27 pm

Wife completed it :D

Wanda Griffin

Postby Wanda Griffin » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:16 am

Thankyou ladies your contribution is very important for this research, every one views interactions differently and I can only document an informed female perspective if the data is provided by your individal participation. Thanks again and happy riding cheers Wanda

avikone

Postby avikone » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:35 pm

Done

cp123

Postby cp123 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:35 pm

done by me too.

Wanda Griffin

Postby Wanda Griffin » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:41 pm

Dear ladies thank you for your participation, there is at present a ratio of 1:2 with male participants. Please encourage any friends that you feel might be interested as there is still a few weeks to go. Cheers Wanda

Venus62

Postby Venus62 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:11 pm

Wanda Griffin wrote:Dear ladies thank you for your participation, there is at present a ratio of 1:2 with male participants. Please encourage any friends that you feel might be interested as there is still a few weeks to go. Cheers Wanda
Wouldn't that ratio actually be greater than the ratio of female to male regular cyclists?
(PS. I also did the survey when it first appeared)

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:35 pm

Throw it up on the SCA page Wanda :)
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves

Wanda Griffin

Postby Wanda Griffin » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:26 pm

Dear Venus62, the ratio of 2 male participants to every female is close to the gender ratio of regular cyclists and these numbers were anticipated. But as I am also looking into the differences (if any and in what scenarios) in the level of risk perception between male and female cyclists it would be good to have a few more women participate. Thanks for heads up 2nd Womble. Thanks to all participants Ciao Wanda