bass coast cycle challenge

nathan_867

bass coast cycle challenge

Postby nathan_867 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:37 pm

Anyone on here thinking/or doing the bass coast cycle challenge this year?
http://www.basscoastcyclechallenge.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Entries open july an its the 16th of november pretty sure. all the routes are very nice rides, im unsure of what distance im going to ride yet :-)

danny the boy

Re: bass coast cycle challenge

Postby danny the boy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:48 am

Tried to enter last years but they never replied to my email. To cut a long story short the website said you have to wear the ride jersey which was fine by me, problem being I didn't have one. In defence of the organisers it was a about a week or 2 before the ride but the cut off date to order a jersey was at least a month or two before the ride. Maybe the ride was full, I dont know. My advice, organise early if you want to enter.

slipsam

Postby slipsam » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:34 pm

I did the ride last year and would recommend it. Great riding country and most enjoyable.

Wearing the jersey was only a recommendation, most didn't have them.
I think it was poor planning to expect people to wear the jersey but cutoff orders for jerseys 6 weeks prior to the event. That cutoff date was not well flagged on the website either.
I signed up a month before the event, intending to buy a jersey, only to find out half way through the entry process that I'd missed out. I'd like to see stats on what percentage of entries happened in the that last 6 weeks!

In any event, I'll be back this year to have a crack. Getting ready for this and other early rides like Kinglake in October are my motivation to keep up the miles over winter!

nathan_867

Postby nathan_867 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:33 pm

Yea on the website entries open july iam pretty sure so theres 4 months till the event. But entries are right up till the day before I think. So guessing the late entries wouldn get the jersey.
Yea iam local to this event so iam gunna start riding some of the course an see how I go.
Plus I still need some gear for my bike :-) would be interested how many from this group are intendint on doing this years bass coast challenge :-)