Shoes??

theprophet

Shoes??

Postby theprophet » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:35 pm

Hi, I recently bought a pair of shoes on ebay that where the last pair avaliable and the ad said that they where 44's but they are actually 46's which I found out upon them arriving. I can probably return them for a refund BUT I was wondering first if there was a way to make these shoes fit me, some kind of pad to put in the heel to make them fit better. I can use 45's fairly comfortably they fit well on width but my heel moves aaround far too easily. Anything that can be done?

open roader

Re: Shoes??

Postby open roader » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:52 pm

If we are talking about clip in shoes then don't do it. You are risking potential foot numbness, toe impact injury, soreness, bruising and then there are your ankles, knees and hips to consider with a poorly anchored foot.

My advice is to not mess around with ill fitting shoes, irrespective of how inventive you might get with filling space out or how gentle your riding style may be. If you were sold 44 and you received 46 then why not return them as you have consumer rights.......

If the shoe fits then wear it......... and conversely............
3rd class cycling is always better than 1st class walking

The Walrus

Postby The Walrus » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:33 am

open roader wrote:If we are talking about clip in shoes then don't do it. You are risking potential foot numbness, toe impact injury, soreness, bruising and then there are your ankles, knees and hips to consider with a poorly anchored foot.

My advice is to not mess around with ill fitting shoes, irrespective of how inventive you might get with filling space out or how gentle your riding style may be. If you were sold 44 and you received 46 then why not return them as you have consumer rights.......

If the shoe fits then wear it......... and conversely............
As above...
Never underestimate the power of ignorance

cippo

Postby cippo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:48 pm

refund.. and get some giro factors!

durianrider

Postby durianrider » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:21 pm

Making the wrong size shoe fit??

Thats like drawing an extra 0 on your computer screen to increase your bank balance...