cervelo love

warthog1

Re: cervelo love

Postby warthog1 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:06 pm

Chuck wrote:Nice bikes guys 8) Wish I had the budget that some of you have :shock: though I am very happy with my S1 :D
S1's are weapons also 8).
The budget is blown now and all credits with the minister are gone. As far as she is concerned my place in the household pecking is down with the cat and dog. :(
Dogs are the best people :wink:

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:10 pm

warthog1 wrote:The budget is blown now and all credits with the minister are gone. As far as she is concerned my place in the household pecking is down with the cat and dog. :(
Totally worth it though :twisted:
FPR Ragamuffin

roller

Postby roller » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:42 pm

cervelo love is now onto 2 pages. . . i knew it wouldn't take long

<3 cervelo
inflammatory statement or idea

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:15 pm

roller wrote:cervelo love is now onto 2 pages. . . i knew it wouldn't take long

<3 cervelo
Lol

You really crushed your goal kms for the year roller!!
FPR Ragamuffin

roller

Postby roller » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:23 pm

Chuck wrote:
roller wrote:cervelo love is now onto 2 pages. . . i knew it wouldn't take long

<3 cervelo
Lol

You really crushed your goal kms for the year roller!!
ALL THANKS TO MY CERVELO!! :wink:

still got a few rides from france i need to put up totalling about 500kms plus a bit more

with a bit of an effort over december, i could give 12,000 a real shake.

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:28 pm

roller wrote: still got a few rides from france i need to put up totalling about 500kms plus a bit more
You like to remind us that you rode the Pyrenees and Alps every chance you get :twisted: 8)

I thought I read before that you hired a bike instead of taking yours ? What brand bike did you hire ?
FPR Ragamuffin

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:54 pm

ni78ck wrote:Image

steer has since been cut. had bike since May and love it!
lol at Steerer! Imagine catching the jewels on that ;-) very nice rig...

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:59 pm

Chuck wrote:Nice bikes guys 8) Wish I had the budget that some of you have :shock: though I am very happy with my S1 :D
Where's a pic?! ;-) or did I miss it...

roller

Postby roller » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:02 am

Chuck wrote:
roller wrote: still got a few rides from france i need to put up totalling about 500kms plus a bit more
You like to remind us that you rode the Pyrenees and Alps every chance you get :twisted: 8)

I thought I read before that you hired a bike instead of taking yours ? What brand bike did you hire ?
I had an epic failure with regards to taking my bike overseas, which meant when my cervelo arrived in france, i couldn't ride it (seatpost got jammed in a too low position, nothing we tried could get it out, so i stashed it at paris airport for my 2 months there and hired 2 different bikes for my 2 and a bit weeks of cycling) :cry: :cry:

hired a litespeed titanium for the pyrenees riding and then a scott something-or-other (carbon) in the alps.

both very servicible bikes (obviously not as awesome as my cervelo, obviously) :wink:

the silver lining of that tale of woe is, um. . i had a great 2 months in europe and i now know how to remove a stuck cervelo seatpost

if anyone ever needs the tips on how to do it i can help (have read on the net of people actually breaking the seatpost to get it out and then replacing the whole thing :shock: )

my mechanic back in perth had it done for me in 15 minutes (i wish i had thought to ring him while i was in france)

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:43 pm

Dr_Mutley wrote:
Where's a pic?! ;-) or did I miss it...
I'll post one up when I get the chance :)
FPR Ragamuffin

stang1

Postby stang1 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:01 pm

Couldnt help to not post my pride and joy :)

uncle arthur

Postby uncle arthur » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:07 pm

I've shown mine before, but I'll show it again.....

What is it with cycling? 30+ kmh and lycra???!!!

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:21 pm

uncle arthur wrote:I've shown mine before, but I'll show it again.....

If I remember right you bought that second hand ? Still looks in great nick 8)
FPR Ragamuffin

DaveOZ

Postby DaveOZ » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:51 pm

Mine.

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:32 pm

DaveOZ wrote:Mine.

Nice photo 8)

warren.suen

Postby warren.suen » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:17 pm

I have to get in on this action.. just a poor man's start and i'm fat and unflexible

S2 with part Rival and part FSA (i think that was apart of the price drop) brought her last year and loving it

I'm now just hawking the online shops waiting for some SRAM Red brakes to go on sale as well as a SRAM force BB and finally some new wheels :D

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:12 pm

Nice, love the colour. :8

ni78ck

Postby ni78ck » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:14 pm

i have been trying to post a couple pics of my new frame with no luck :(
i had sucess in the photo gallery :) so you will have to go there..........surpise :D

DaveOZ

Postby DaveOZ » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:28 pm

ni78ck wrote:i have been trying to post a couple pics of my new frame with no luck :(
i had sucess in the photo gallery :) so you will have to go there..........surpise :D

DaveOZ

Postby DaveOZ » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:29 pm

Beautiful bike ni78ck.

I bet it's nice to ride. Well done!!

silkishuge

Postby silkishuge » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:26 pm

Southern Highlands, at the Ol Bike shop?

I took a similar photo :D

I was wondering if anyone here who has a later model Cervelo which uses a BBright bottom bracket, could provide some advice regarding power meters? I was looking for a power meter that could fit on the 3D Rotor crankset that came with my R5. Does anyone here have any experience with this? I would prefer a crank based power meter instead of a power tap.

Jon

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:28 am

silkishuge wrote:

I was wondering if anyone here who has a later model Cervelo which uses a BBright bottom bracket, could provide some advice regarding power meters? I was looking for a power meter that could fit on the 3D Rotor crankset that came with my R5. Does anyone here have any experience with this? I would prefer a crank based power meter instead of a power tap.

Jon
I think u might struggle but I'm not expert with 3D rotors.... I know alot use 3D+ cranks on SRM spiders... Very exxy tho...
Personally, I run a Quarq with my Di2 Group... Works well. Cost $1400 new, delivered from the US... Nashbar have been selling them this week for under $1k!!! If u go the 3D+ cranks on SRM route u won't get any change outta $3k I'd say!!

Here's a helpful thread on the cervelo forum: http://forums.cervelo.com/forums/p/1001 ... aspx#69369" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

silkishuge

Postby silkishuge » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:44 pm

Dr_Mutley wrote:
silkishuge wrote:

Jon
I think u might struggle but I'm not expert with 3D rotors.... I know alot use 3D+ cranks on SRM spiders... Very exxy tho...
Personally, I run a Quarq with my Di2 Group... Works well. Cost $1400 new, delivered from the US... Nashbar have been selling them this week for under $1k!!! If u go the 3D+ cranks on SRM route u won't get any change outta $3k I'd say!!

Here's a helpful thread on the cervelo forum: http://forums.cervelo.com/forums/p/1001 ... aspx#69369" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks. Is this the product you are referring to? http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product_10 ... 1___202345" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is quite a bit more than $1k.
Am I right to say that if I go with this option, I will lose the benefit of the BBright system?
Actually, I can't really quantify the difference between the BBright system and my older R3.
I use a powertap on my training bike, but I do not have one for the race bike. I found that training with a power meter and racing without a power meter removes some of the advantages of training with a power meter.

Jon

leximack

Postby leximack » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:02 pm

here is my S1 after a clean :-)
Approx 7.4kgs in current form with pedals, bottle cages, mounts etc. Awesome to ride :D
Will soon be adding either an r3 or an r5 :-)

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:24 am

silkishuge wrote:
Dr_Mutley wrote:
silkishuge wrote: Southern Highlands, at the Ol Bike shop?

Jon

Thanks. Is this the product you are referring to? http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product_10 ... 1___202345" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is quite a bit more than $1k.
Am I right to say that if I go with this option, I will lose the benefit of the BBright system?
Actually, I can't really quantify the difference between the BBright system and my older R3.
I use a powertap on my training bike, but I do not have one for the race bike. I found that training with a power meter and racing without a power meter removes some of the advantages of training with a power meter.

Jon

That's it... If u apply the supplied discount codes it come into under 1k$ apparently... Refer to here: http://forums.roadbikereview.com/hot-de ... 01181.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wrt to the BB... The BB30 Quarq bolts straight into the BBright shell, with PF30 bearings) without much mucking around (ie no adaptor a etc)... If u were using GXP with an adaptor (ie Enduro) yes u would lose the benefits, not that you'd notice...