Bike Gallery

ni78ck

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby ni78ck » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:22 pm

Dimma wrote:Nick, how does it go climbing? Or is it a specific purpose bike?
I've just ordered a BH Ultralight but did consider a G6 but was worried about comfort/position on long climbs. In a perfect world I'd have both, but given the choice of just one bike I went the Ultralight.
As you said in a perfect world you would have both and I would also have a R5 in the shed too. The R5 does climb slightly better but this bike I find amazing. I'm 71kgs and 180cm tall and I can climb ok but I needed help maintaining a 40km/h speed for as long as possible and I found nothing else that suited me. I'm still doing pb's on hills and spent 10 day in Adelaide climbing in which I did 1000kms with no discomfort. So I would say it climbs well but a lighter bike should be better. Mine weighs 7.2kgs with all the bells and whistles.

ni78ck

Postby ni78ck » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:24 pm

Not sure if it's intentional but I think it's quite clever as it mimics the shape and colour of the 5 on the seat tube.[/quote]
It was intentional and after always having had black bar tape for years I left the decision to the bike builder. I'm happy :) i may go white in afew months :)[/quote]

I feel all clever and such now!

Do you race or is it just an expensive present to yourself?[/quote]
Yes I do race

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:27 pm

+1 to the collection. Giant Propel Advanced SL1.

ni78ck

Postby ni78ck » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:39 pm

Hot, new Dura ace has very crisp gear changes. Enjoy....

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:43 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:+1 to the collection. Giant Propel Advanced SL1.

you're in brissy. what size frame? and when can I have a ride?

BrisVegas

Postby BrisVegas » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:46 pm

+1 for the test ride. Looks like an XL/58cm to me. Perfect. :lol:

Jordan

Postby Jordan » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:02 pm

Oh good lord. That's a sexy looking machine, do you mind me asking what you paid for it? Looking between one of these a venge or an S5

stinhambo

Postby stinhambo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:22 pm

Jordan wrote:
Oh good lord. That's a sexy looking machine, do you mind me asking what you paid for it? Looking between one of these a venge or an S5
Don't forget the BMC and Boardman (if you can get one)
Last edited by stinhambo on Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinhambo

Postby stinhambo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:23 pm

ni78ck wrote:Hot, new Dura ace has very crisp gear changes. Enjoy....
Do some people not enjoy electronic shifting?

Morrie

Postby Morrie » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:15 pm

Awesome looking bike. I like this colour scheme better than the electronic version.

On a side note ,what are the wheels like? I have a TCR advanced SL1 with the pslr1 wheels.

Jordan

Postby Jordan » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:38 pm

stinhambo wrote:
Jordan wrote:
Probably not the place for it, but what do you think of the boardman AiR and the BMC range?

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:59 pm

You bunch aren't test riding mine :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: haha. Its actually a large frame with a longer stem. At 195cm its a perfect fit. Apparently XL frames for the propel are tough to come by with August being a date mentioned to expect to see more of them.
Jordan wrote:Oh good lord. That's a sexy looking machine, do you mind me asking what you paid for it? Looking between one of these a venge or an S5
I paid 6.2k for it (frame, wheels, groupset, larger stem included with me only scalping the ultegra pedals from my other roadie). If you go down the propel path just be aware that GPS mounts (like the kedge/barfly etc - GPS has to be mounted to the stem with some very long rubber bands (chunky oversize stem)), gopro/contour/sony mounts, lights, mirrors, beauty kits, portable esky or what ever else you can attach to handlebars these days won't attach to the kit bar due to the oval aero profile (not that you'd be putting most things like that on it anyway). You can get around that by using the bars from the TCR/normal bars which might cost extra depending which way you go. In saying that you don't have to worry about buying light CF wheels (comes with CF wheels with alloy rims) or additional bike sensors for your GPS as the propel comes with them and they are also built into the frame of the bike. So just connect via ant+ and away you go.

Morrie wrote:what are the wheels like?
I haven't had a chance to put them through the ringer yet but so far they seem pretty good for wheels that come with the bike. Rolling resistance seems to be minimal as they hardly weight anything. I set a PR into a headwind wearing casual clothes and a backpack while coasting so they aren't too bad on the bike haha.
Jordan wrote: Probably not the place for it, but what do you think of the boardman AiR and the BMC range?
BMC have some pretty good bikes. I think its Race Machine U-Di2, Time Machine Ultegra and the Granfondo Ultegra which are in a similar 5.5-6.5k price bracket. If you can put down some extra cash you can get the Granfondo U-Di2 otherwise you'll be looking at 7k+ for anything higher up spec wise. You can get some Cervelo S5's in that price range (heard that the wheels that come with it aren't that fantastic - fulcrum racing 7's or something but most people that buy cervelos already have their own specific set of wheels that they like to use) but options can vary such as their base and VWD models in SRAM, Ultegra/Dura Ace machenical, U-Di2/DA-Di2. SRAM Rival, Ultegra and U-Di2 are all under or in the 6.5k bracket. The VWD starts at around 6.5k for the frame and then works its way up from there to about 10k for the VWD DA-Di2 bike. Chuck in a few more k's for better wheels.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:06 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:You bunch aren't test riding mine :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: haha. Its actually a large frame
so it's my size and you won't let me ride it :oops: :evil:

stinhambo

Postby stinhambo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:25 pm

Jordan wrote:
stinhambo wrote:
Jordan wrote:
Probably not the place for it, but what do you think of the boardman AiR and the BMC range?
I've not had the pleasure of a ride on either but they are highly rated and I thought them worthy of your attention :)

macca33

Postby macca33 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:43 pm

Latest and LAST purchase.......for some time!!! I couldn't resist a grouse looking Caad10 with green / white highlights.....

Running Mavic Ksyrium Equipes, Prologo Scratch T2.0 saddle, Ultegra 6700, FSA carbon 53/39 cranks and 105 calipers which will soon be changed to Ultegra.

Rides like a ripper - definitely too much bike for me, but it will be an inspiration to try harder!

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:45 pm

macca33 wrote:Latest and LAST purchase.......for some time!!!
LIES!!! ALL LIES!!!

stinhambo

Postby stinhambo » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:04 am

macca33 wrote:Latest and LAST purchase.......for some time!!! I couldn't resist a grouse looking Caad10 with green / white highlights.....

Running Mavic Ksyrium Equipes, Prologo Scratch T2.0 saddle, Ultegra 6700, FSA carbon 53/39 cranks and 105 calipers which will soon be changed to Ultegra.

Rides like a ripper - definitely too much bike for me, but it will be an inspiration to try harder!
Very nice bike! What did you pay for it?

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:28 am

Not a fan of Giants but that is sweet Luke :!:

warren.suen

Postby warren.suen » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:28 am

That deserves props! HWAATTT

warren.suen

Postby warren.suen » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:29 am

macca33 wrote:Latest and LAST purchase.......for some time!!! I couldn't resist a grouse looking Caad10 with green / white highlights.....

Time for some Sagan like wheelies over the big climbs.. nice bike and i think the wheels go quite well with that colour scheme

redcorpsjames

Postby redcorpsjames » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:54 pm

That caad 10 looks great. Do you race?

Howzat

Postby Howzat » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:15 pm

Very nice... and is that that horizontal top tube :o ? Gasp!

JessicaAlba

Postby JessicaAlba » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:57 pm

Forgive the paraphrasing, but that thing is effing sick!

I have another mate that might be in the market soon. I will be strongly urging him onto one of these!! 8)

kunalraiker

Postby kunalraiker » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:04 am

Gave a wash and took some photos, post some upgrades.

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:20 am

kunalraiker wrote:Gave a wash and took some photos, post some upgrades.

Now that's my kind of bike! Love the colour! :D