Great Shopping Experiences

MarkG

Re: Great Shopping Experiences

Postby MarkG » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:38 pm

Went in to Committed Cycles here in Perth to get some new inner soles for my shoes, and Brad (the owner & a legend) gave me a brand new pair of G8 adjustable inner soles (worth over $100) to try for free.
You've obviously gotta trim them to suit etc, so yeah, what a legend!
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

Secret Squirrel

Postby Secret Squirrel » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:00 am

Hey must say big thank-you to the guys at the BikeBug in Sydney. Bought my first Colnago from them and they were great. Good service,good website easy to use,quick replies and they will Match any price being overseas as well.
Thanks
Wal

marckietan

Postby marckietan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:49 pm

had my brand new bike (which I bought online - but that is another story :roll: ) serviced at Giant Sydney. Great service and did more work (basically a general tune up) than was originally quoted. They didn't call me first or try to charge more....just did the job.

Nice surprise. Thumbs up for the LBS.

Ross

Postby Ross » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:12 am

Purchased a book online from Book Depositry just before Christmas and even with the holidays it still took just over a week to get here. Cheaper than Amazon (not always though, pays to double check) and free shipping with no minimum spend.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:08 am

I received great service from http://www.bikehubstore.com/. Brandon provided excellent information via live chat. Prices are very good and delivery was expedient.

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:33 pm

Not so much shopping but a (couple) good experiences at a local (ACT) cafe called Scope. Myself and most other cyclists I've talked to have had bad experiences in the past with this cafe but a small group I ride with decided to give them another chance and two weeks running we have had great service from them so they are back in the good books. We had bottles of cold water supplied within minutes of arriving which was nice as it was starting to heat up. The other drinks and food we ordered came quickly too.They do like it if you plan to go there with a group to make a booking and let them know what time you expect to arrive and how many people are coming.

ekib

Postby ekib » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:10 pm

Limar Helmets
My Limar 909 helmet padding was falling apart after only 4 or 5 months use.
I emailed Limar and they promptly sent me a set of replacement pads at no cost.

Ekib
The End.

LinzOC

Postby LinzOC » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:52 pm

This is my second time living in Darwin - you get used to high prices and very poor customer service. So it was with some trepidation I set out to purchase my first proper road bike (replacing an average MTB and to be used for road and tri). I cannot recommend the service from Matt and the staff at Blue Cycles in Berrimah - not only did they throw any bike I wanted at me to test, I was walked through the pro's and con's of each model and set-up but he kept firmly within my budget until I asked what the next level up was. He has also answered most of my silly questions without hesitation, kept me informed of incoming orders and bikes on a daily basis and spent a good chunk of time dealing with the additional requirements.

Ultimatly have gone with a Scott Foil; he's now allowed me a very generous repayment schedule because of work commitments and still keeps in touch regularly. Add to that an invitation for the weekly shop rides and some personal training for both road and bunch riding.

If in Darwin, go see Blue Cycles. Overall I'm amazed at such service, let alone in Darwin.

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:05 pm

Used a few different shops lately.

Highly Tuned Athletes. Always ship the day I order from Melbourne and I receive in Sydney the following day. Only exception have been GoPros which in each case were pre-orders. As soon as they were receive by HTA I got them the next day. A good example of an Aussie store, providing great service.

Cell Bikes. Few things from them ordered yesterday and arrived today. All good.

Chain Reaction. Largeish order received on the 6th business day.
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

katdid

Postby katdid » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:20 am

Gonna add an endorsement for Bike Bug (North Sydney). I had exceptional customer service from the guys when I stopped by the store, and they followed up with phone calls. I got a top deal on a road bike and I'm stoked with it. They also did a complimentary bike fit for me - as a comparison I bought my commuter last year from another LBS for the same price and this service was not included. Really impressed!

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:06 pm

I was procrastinating for a long time on some gear cables and used Cell Bikes for the cable (kit) and some inner tubes. The order was fulfilled within hours and arrived the following day in just under 24 hours.
Cycling is in my BNA

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:29 pm

Liberty Bikes here in Perth. Got a great deal on a mini pump, didnt even blink when i asked for a discount, top bloke.

grt046

Postby grt046 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:40 pm

A few days ago I ordered cycling specific sunnies with prescription lens insert from Cycling Sports in Melbourne. I had a an email a few days after ordering apologising that the item was no longer available but as it was still on their website offered a considerably more expensive pair for the price I had paid. This offer I accepted and the alternative arrived promptly.

Managed to get the full cost of the frames and part of the prescription lens inserts refunded by my health fund

I am a very happy chappie :D
Giant Defy Advanced 1 (2014) Orbea Gain M20 (2021)

merlin6014

Postby merlin6014 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:39 am

AUbicycles wrote:I was procrastinating for a long time on some gear cables and used Cell Bikes for the cable (kit) and some inner tubes. The order was fulfilled within hours and arrived the following day in just under 24 hours.
Yeah cell bikes orders always seem to come really fast (under 24 hours) just wish they would get rid of their inflated shipping charges ($10 to ship something 20km to my house vs free wiggle/evans shipping from half way round the globe). Having said that its free shipping this weekend from Cell Bikes! :wink:

merlin6014

Postby merlin6014 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:42 am

Also a shout out to 99 Bikes at Artarmon. Never used them before but they are close to work. Needed some "carbon paste" to install some new handlebars. Went into the shop and the guy knew what I was talking about but said they didn't sell it. Told me to hang on a moment and then emerged from the workshop with a satchel of the stuff. I offered to pay and he said nope don't worry about it and just gave it to me - I really appreciated it as it meant I could go riding that afternoon. Definitely be going there a lot more now after mediocre experiences at my last two LBS.

troyww

Postby troyww » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:57 pm

Ross wrote:Purchased a book online from Book Depositry just before Christmas and even with the holidays it still took just over a week to get here. Cheaper than Amazon (not always though, pays to double check) and free shipping with no minimum spend.
Save some time shopping for books with Booko.com.au

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:16 pm

c r c got my $20 off and picked standard shipping as I didn't want to pay for shipping
Got my email yesterday saying it was posted and tracking details are available from my account. Went and looked and they have posted it DHL :mrgreen:
Now to photograph it when it comes, I want no DHL scam
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:36 pm

Baalzamon wrote:I want no DHL scam
is that in terms of "customs duties"?

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:07 pm

jasonc wrote:
Baalzamon wrote:I want no DHL scam
is that in terms of "customs duties"?
That be the one :)
I've yet to have it, I always photograph boxes anyhow. I know what customs does when they open up a box anyhow, customs tape and a flyer inside saying it's been inspected. If DHL come calling and no sign of former evidence of opening by customs, sorry no go.
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:22 pm

Ordered a couple of things from T7 on Wednesday arvo and received them today (kudos to Aus Post delivering on a Saturday arvo!)

cru

Postby cru » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:50 pm

Just got home after a 7000km roadtrip. Had some dramas in Dubbo but thebikeshoppe (a family business) were more than helpful with bits and service. Even posted me a replacement for a failed part with thanks for ringing rather than badmouthing them.

evangelion

Postby evangelion » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:51 pm

I placed an order for a bunch of accessories via Cell Bikes around 2pm. They had shipped my order out by 4.30pm and by 4.30pm the next day ie overnight I had my goods delivered.
I was very surprised by their quick turn around. All products were well packed and bubble wrapped. 1 minor issue was a rubber shim was missing of a product and single email is all it took to get that resolved ie they will ship it to me.
My first order with them.

Fresh

Postby Fresh » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:16 pm

More props for Bikebug. The guys matched Wiggles price on a new set of Look Keos for me. The order already qualified for free delivery too, but they're just down the road which is even better.

grt046

Postby grt046 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:41 pm

Ordered an item from Bums on Bikes during their sale. Item was ordered at 1:30 pm one day and delivered by Aust Post at 9:00 am the next day with 3 Tracking updates along the way.
To cap things off the price was very right. :D

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:07 pm

I got a Giant bike recently from Giant Sydney. Very easy to deal with staff there who know their stuff. They were quite thorough with the bike fit too.

I only needed one follow up visit to get 5mm cut from the top of the seat post.