Trek Domane

Jerryjan

Trek Domane

Postby Jerryjan » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:58 am

Hi anybody own a Trek Domane. I had a ride on one and was surprised how smooth it felt. Would be nice to hear from any owners.
Cheers Jerry

grimbo

Re: Trek Domane

Postby grimbo » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:58 pm

The review on Bike Radar http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/cate ... -13-47083/ was glowing, FWIW

AndyRevill

Postby AndyRevill » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:41 pm

Bought a 4.5 in January so only a couple of months use so far but absolutely love it to death. Not much more I can say really :D

If you have any specific questions I'm happy to answer where I can

Andy

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:51 pm

I would have definitely considered it except my Madone was too cheap to say no to. Since owning the Madone though, I'm not sure "endurance" geometry is what I'm after as a cyclist which is the main objective of the Domane - a race bred bike that should appeal to the older crowd who aren't interested in extreme geometry. :idea: If it felt good, there is your answer. Get that one. :mrgreen:

Marty Moose

Postby Marty Moose » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:49 pm

Mate has one, he has had several madones and loves his domane.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2

Wags71

Postby Wags71 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:52 pm

Picked up 5.2 on the weekend great ride couldn't be happier

Jerryjan

Postby Jerryjan » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:10 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I am getting closer to buying a new bike.

Cheers Jerry

embee8

Postby embee8 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:27 pm

Just picked mine up last week! Very smooth. Also rode the Di2 version which was very nice but I don't have the cash :(

Previously rode a Cannondale Super six but like this more.

The only change is I replaced the saddle with my Prologo PAS, not shown in the photos.

Jerryjan

Postby Jerryjan » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:44 pm

Hi
I have taken the plunge and ordered Domane 5.2, just waiting for stock. Waiting, Waiting, Waiting !!!!

Cheers Jerry

Jerryjan

Postby Jerryjan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:35 pm

Hi
Picking it up on Sat.
Cheers Jerry

Jerryjan

Postby Jerryjan » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:30 pm

Picked the bike up to day, had my fitting. Rode it home, just finished putting the new bike computer and mirror on. The ride home was very comfy. Will go for a good run tomorrow morning.

Cheers Jerry

Jerryjan

Postby Jerryjan » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:14 pm

Hi
Well I have had my bike about 2 months now, very pleased with the bike. I have done about 1500 km and think the bike is great. The bike is really comfy but you don't know how comfy till you ride a normal bike with out the flexi seat post. I never ride in the rain ( I live in Perth so it's not a problem). I commute to work and try to ride every day. I was not impressed with the bike shop where I bought the bike, but that is their loss. I am impressed with the bike and can recommend it. I average 26 Kim's and its my third bike and I am 60 years old.

Cheers Jerry

Bob_TAS

Postby Bob_TAS » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:22 pm

AndyRevill wrote:Bought a 4.5 in January so only a couple of months use so far but absolutely love it to death. Not much more I can say really :D

Andy
Hi Andy, just wondering how the 4.5 is going? I've been looking at one of these but having trouble getting my head around the red and white colour scheme :(

AndyRevill

Postby AndyRevill » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:42 am

Bob_TAS wrote:
AndyRevill wrote:Bought a 4.5 in January so only a couple of months use so far but absolutely love it to death. Not much more I can say really :D

Andy
Hi Andy, just wondering how the 4.5 is going? I've been looking at one of these but having trouble getting my head around the red and white colour scheme :(
Still loving it. It's great on my ride home with some less than ideal roads and I've even ventured on to the gravel - it seems to handle that way better than my last bike.

Mine is the 4.5 so its black and white, which I like (though the wife's first comment was "that's a bit too collingwood"). I understand the dilemma over colour - you've got to like it to ride it - my favourite was the Di2 version I test rode but that was $2k more :cry:

Let me know if you have any specific questions

Cheers, Andy
Trek 1.7 dec.
Trek Domane 4.5

Bob_TAS

Postby Bob_TAS » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:02 am

AndyRevill wrote:
Bob_TAS wrote:

Andy
Still loving it. It's great on my ride home with some less than ideal roads and I've even ventured on to the gravel - it seems to handle that way better than my last bike.

Mine is the 4.5 so its black and white, which I like (though the wife's first comment was "that's a bit too collingwood"). I understand the dilemma over colour - you've got to like it to ride it - my favourite was the Di2 version I test rode but that was $2k more :cry:

Let me know if you have any specific questions

Cheers, Andy
Cheers Mate, I've been looking at the Madone 4.5 but it's a red and white Ultegra equipped piece as below:

Looks like I'm going to be waiting for the new range or some sales :wink:

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:35 pm

Madone and Domane is chalk and cheese... both good, but different :)

ClydesdaleChris

Postby ClydesdaleChris » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:46 am

Hi all,

I have a 2013 6.2, which I upgraded with a set of RXL TLR wheelset and a few fit out changes. I love the thing- I'm usually a 56 rider and got the 58, with a 56.5 top tube and I have slammed the stem, chopped it down and just ride the thing everywhere! When the Ultegra dies I will fit it out with Dura-Ace, then it will be sub-7kg. Not that it is what I am chasing as I am firmly a Clydesdale! Go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flashpixx

Postby flashpixx » Wed May 21, 2014 12:12 am

Got my 2014 5.2 on 9 April (the day before my 55th b'day). Have done just over 500km on it since then. Have replaced the saddle with a Fizik Arione. Also had the tyres changed from 23mm to 25mm. Not sure why it came with 23 but Trek were happy to replace at no charge.

Nothing but praise for the LBS (Gary at Riders Choice).

Have had 3 fits and now very comfortable on it. Have done a 75km ride and a couple of others over 50km.

Very happy with it, looking forward to some more long rides. In training for the Ride to Conquer Cancer in October.
Gordon

Riding: Trek Domane SLR 7