Oakley Sunglasses Flak Jacket XLJ Livestrong

marcs350z

Oakley Sunglasses Flak Jacket XLJ Livestrong

Postby marcs350z » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:32 pm

Hi Guys,

I have the chance to get a pair of Oakley Sunglasses Flak Jacket XLJ Livestrong for free essentially, through a rewards system I'm with. Obviously Lance Armstrong/Livestrong is a bit contraversial. Is it so bad that I should avoid getting these, even though they are free? The only use I would get out of them is when I'm cycling, so if I can't wear them cycling then I might as well use my points on something else. Appreciate your thoughts on this topic, cheers.

wurtulla wabbit

Re: Oakley Sunglasses Flak Jacket XLJ Livestrong

Postby wurtulla wabbit » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:42 pm

Seriously ? You'd let that get in the way of a free pair of good glasses ??

Send them here, I couldn't give a monkeys about lance and his carry on.

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:44 pm

They're free. And Oakleys. I wouldn't hesitate, even with Livestrong. The Livestrong stuff could wear off anyway.

Edit: just had a look at a picture of them and if the only connection to Livestrong is a bit of yellow on the sunglasses then not many people will make the connection.

marcs350z

Postby marcs350z » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:54 pm

They are free in the sense that I don't have to fork out a single dollar for them. But I can always use the points to purchase other goods, that's why I was wondering how bad the situation is. There is also Livestrong laser etched on the the left lense, but you prob won't see it unless face to face.

nathp

Postby nathp » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:00 pm

I think something to keep in mind is Livestrong is a cancer charity that does good work, the association with Lance should deter supporting them even if its free... IMO.

marcs350z

Postby marcs350z » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:06 pm

Did you mean "shouldn't" deter supporting them? Good point there.

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:10 pm

nathp wrote:I think something to keep in mind is Livestrong is a cancer charity that does good work, the association with Lance shouldn't deter supporting them even if its free... IMO.
There is a point of contention with Livestrong and whether they are the best charity to put money towards with or without Lance. But that is a matter of personal preference.

nathp

Postby nathp » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:26 am

marcs350z wrote:Did you mean "shouldn't" deter supporting them? Good point there.
Haha yeah, fat fingers on the phone.

riles

Postby riles » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:28 am

nathp wrote:I think something to keep in mind is Livestrong is a cancer charity that does good work, the association with Lance should deter supporting them even if its free... IMO.
agreed! i ride quite often in a livestrong kit, purchased because of the work that they do for cancer research - something that has affected my family several times....if people think lower of you because your wearing a pair of oakleys with some livestrong branding on them - then those people are generally going to be the low lifes IMO

marcs350z

Postby marcs350z » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:48 am

Sorry to hear about your family and cancer riles. I have ordered the glasses, seems like most people are like me and don't really care about the connection to Lance Armstrong.

riles

Postby riles » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:04 pm

marcs350z wrote:Sorry to hear about your family and cancer riles. I have ordered the glasses, seems like most people are like me and don't really care about the connection to Lance Armstrong.
i still happily wear my livestrong band and have done so since mid 2006, i for a longtime thought Armstrong was a superhuman who had beaten the odds and got on with life - apparently thats now not all correct!

glad to hear that the small narrow minded community didnt effect your decision - and infact quite envious of the fact your getting those sunglasses! :D