Seats

dareyaire

Seats

Postby dareyaire » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:08 am

Ive been riding pretty heavily for the past week and a half and my butt got quite sore after my first ride so im thinking of investing in a new seat.. Prolly gonna buy one for $70 at local bike shop, ive picked one out and i like it, seems to be alot more comfy then the one i have atm. Just wondering... What type of seats you guys ride?

mitzikatzi

Re: Seats

Postby mitzikatzi » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:17 am

Which saddle is for you?

Thanks search function :shock:

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:25 pm

Buy Brooks, break in Brooks.
Live happily ever after :wink:

sturmey archer

Postby sturmey archer » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:54 pm

Without wishing to be insensitive, maybe your nether regions need to harden up a bit rather than rushing out and buying a new saddle. Here's Saint Sheldons take: http://sheldonbrown.com/saddles.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Of course if you want to take Mulga Bills advice, I'll warn you that Brooks saddles are inconsistently made, maintainance requiring, excessivly faddish, vintage throwbacks. And every bike I ride regularly has one :lol:

mitzikatzi

Postby mitzikatzi » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:04 pm

A bit of Bees wax and good as new,

WTS Inner City Sydney. Brooks Swift saddle

BianchiCam

Postby BianchiCam » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:07 pm

Same happened to me when I bought the roadie.
Jaysus my butt was sore in places I didn't know I had, then slowly over time it gets better.
Statrted biting around the 50-60km mark. I mean really biting those bum bones!
Now I can manage around 100km before I consider a stop or getting off the saddle.
It does take a fair amount of time.

When ever I get back on my MB the seat is like riding on air except it feels like you are bouncing around on it. Actually prefer the harder seat. (San Marco) I believe is the brand.

Cam

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:26 pm

Sit forward, make sure your saddle is set back far enough. Get used to letting your legs do more work to help support your butt.

Apart from that, yes, give it some more time. If you have been riding regularly for say, 1-2 months and still have this problem, best Rx is certainly the Brooks saddle. But be warned carbon roadie riders can't stand the look ;)

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:37 pm

sturmey archer wrote:Of course if you want to take Mulga Bills advice, I'll warn you that Brooks saddles are inconsistently made, maintainance requiring, excessivly faddish, vintage throwbacks. And every bike I ride regularly has one :lol:
How dare you say such accurate things about Brooks saddles! :wink:

My preference too. Still a difficult trial_and_error job to match the right saddle with the rider and bike type. For me the road bike has a Pro and the MTB and flat bar share a B17 Imperial.

http://www.rivbike.com/Articles.asp?ID=318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:42 pm

il padrone wrote:...1-2 months and still have this problem, best Rx is certainly the Brooks saddle. But be warned carbon roadie riders can't stand the look ;)
Poor things, worried about looks/image and weight all the time. I almost feel sorry for them. :roll:

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:11 pm

Nobody wrote:
il padrone wrote:...1-2 months and still have this problem, best Rx is certainly the Brooks saddle. But be warned carbon roadie riders can't stand the look ;)
Poor things, worried about looks/image and weight all the time. I almost feel sorry for them. :roll:
Bah. My cf roadie has a Swallow taking pride of place.

Yes, it's the Ti model, I'm a bit of a weight weenie :P

RonK

Postby RonK » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:53 pm

Seats?

Well, I quite like this one... 8)