Advice on missing delivery

marcs350z

Advice on missing delivery

Postby marcs350z » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:58 am

Hi All,

Few weeks ago I ordered some goods online form a UK online store (is it against rules to say who it is?) and their usual delivery time is 6-10 working days. Due to a fault of my own, by not putting my company name or level, I assume that the delivery never made it to my work mail room. I've contacted this retailer and they say check with the building, check with aus post. Aus post say check with the sender for a specific code. Has anyone ever been in this situation, and how did you resolve it? I fear that I have to wait for the goods to be sent back and processed, and then wait weeks for a refund.

RonK

Re: Advice on missing delivery

Postby RonK » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:02 pm

marcs350z wrote:Hi All,

Few weeks ago I ordered some goods online form a UK online store (is it against rules to say who it is?) and their usual delivery time is 6-10 working days. Due to a fault of my own, by not putting my company name or level, I assume that the delivery never made it to my work mail room. I've contacted this retailer and they say check with the building, check with aus post. Aus post say check with the sender for a specific code. Has anyone ever been in this situation, and how did you resolve it? I fear that I have to wait for the goods to be sent back and processed, and then wait weeks for a refund.
Why would you want to mention the store name at all if you are responsible for the incorrect addressing?

If the item has been delivered to the wrong location in the building, it may never be returned. That's likely where you have to start looking.

marcs350z

Postby marcs350z » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:12 pm

Yea the store name is not relevant, and I am not judging them by this experience as I do accept that I am at fault here and not them.
There is no where to deliver the package in the building if a company name or level has not been provided. There is no generic mail room, and I've checked with our concierge desk but they said they are not usually approached by couriers, but left my name and number with them anyway just in case.

nickobec

Postby nickobec » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:04 pm

As part of the global push against terrorism, it appears international packages get a unique ID number at the post office which is tied to sighting your ID. This unique ID number is used to track the package through the system.

I returned a faulty part to the US before Christmas, due to circumstances beyond my control sent regular post no tracking. US company said it never arrived, emailed Australia Post, told to check ID on receipt on tracking system. Which showed item delivered with data/time, US company sent replacement part.

So ask the "store" for the postal system unique ID, at least you should find out was it delivered or sent back.

PS I had a recent PBK shipment with my address printed on a sticky label, unfortunately badly printed so part of the label was removable and it was removed in transit along with most of my suburb, state & country.

The package still arrived, a few days later than expected, based purely on my name, street address and the following 6 letters
Ca
We
Au

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:12 pm

I've had one where the sender's processing system didn't print on the front of the mail the second address box. So the package said:

[Summernight]
Level [x]
Melbourne

Not very helpful when there are hundreds of multiples of my level in multiple buildings in the CBD. I was contacted because the seller put my mobile number on the package. Something they did right!!!

I don't think it likely that someone has taken your package and kept it for themselves. Unless it said "I am an expensive item, please steal me". Likely it is in the Aus Post lost pile and will be returned to the sender sometime.

mitzikatzi

Postby mitzikatzi » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:13 pm

Why do so many people blame the online shops for missing parcels? :roll: i usually get an email within 24hrs saying order dispatched. What more can you ask from a seller.

I have taken to paying extra for limited tracking. Often the parcel makes it to about 15km from my home in under 5 days. It then can take up to two weeks for Aust Post to move it that 15km. Customs may also be responsible for the delay. Good old Aust post sometimes delivers my mail to the wrong number right street or right number any nearby street. After a written complaint to them they have promised to take more care with my mail.

With the money you save from buying online. Pay for tracking and signature delivery (with requires a correct address). end rant

marcs350z

Postby marcs350z » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:04 pm

QFT I have since put an order in with another online retailer and paid an additional $25 for full tracking and express lol. Let me clarify once again, I am in no way blaming the retailer for this mishap. I am just probing for similar experiences and hopefully a solution.

I am very doubtful that my number was printed on the package.

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:14 pm

It's a bit hit n miss with regards to the company name being placed on the label and it's affect on delivery.
I made two orders from PBK with in the space of about 1 month. One I placed my company name in the details, and one I didn't.
They both did turn up, but in another instance, I ordered a non bike part from a NSW based company, forgot my company name, and the product ended up being 'returned to sender'.
When I rang said shop, they told me that the courier (not Aus Post) couldn't locate my address as it's a business address without a business name, so it went back.
I gave them the business name and then they resent it.
I use PayPal for everything now, which has my company details and I've never had a drama, wether it's online bike stores, eBay or other.

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:17 pm

I ordered stuff to deliver to work (via our mailroom) recently so I didn't have to worry about the missed delivery slip and off to the PO. It had free shipping so no tracking. When it got to a few days longer than usual I got a bit concerned and decided that delivery to home was a safer option, rather than risk a 'mix up' in the mailroom. Package arrived safely, I will also consider the tracking option from now on.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:53 pm

Wouldn't the clarification be a receipt of delivery. Along the lines of nicobec suggesting the Unique ID's if the delivery was successful it should be recorded so at least you would know if it is on its way back or you need to ask around at your work place - you may get to meet some interesting people.