expectations

outnabike

expectations

Postby outnabike » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:30 pm

And here I was thinking that the VWR posts would be placed here for ease of access... :D

RonK

Re: expectations

Postby RonK » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:48 pm

Why? Do you expect people who come to the touring forum seeking information about touring bikes will know to look here?

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:46 pm

Yes, as there is a thread running called "Vivente World Randonneur" I thought it may be easily found at a later date, that's all. I asked the mods to set it up in its full name.

Would not a thread with the full title of the bike concerned be useful in that bikes permanent place? Otherwise why have all these bike brand headings?

I thought I was doing a sensible thing, but obviously not.

Why would this thread not be placed in here ? viewtopic.php?f=80&t=50053" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RonK

Postby RonK » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:13 pm

outnabike wrote:Yes, as there is a thread running called "Vivente World Randonneur" I thought it may be easily found at a later date, that's all. I asked the mods to set it up in its full name.

Would not a thread with the full title of the bike concerned be useful in that bikes permanent place? Otherwise why have all these bike brand headings?

I thought I was doing a sensible thing, but obviously not.

Why would this thread not be placed in here ? viewtopic.php?f=80&t=50053" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Because quite simply, people wanting information about touring bikes will quite naturally look in the touring bike sub-forum. That is why we have it. How will they know to look here if they don't already know the Vivente World Randonneur is a touring bike?

But don't you worry about it - I'll go and put a cross-reference link in the touring bike sub-forum.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...