Where to ride around Port Stephens

RRalphy

Where to ride around Port Stephens

Postby RRalphy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:02 am

Hey,

I will be heading up to Port Stephens for the Easter long weekend and was planning to get some extra kms over the weekend but I have no idea where to ride up there, if anyone can suggest some good rides (maybe with a strava record etc) it would be pretty handy thanks. BTW looking for rides around 50km or more and I dont mind climbing hills

Thanks Guys

TimW

Re: Where to ride around Port Stephens

Postby TimW » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:14 am

RRalphy wrote:Hey,

I will be heading up to Port Stephens for the Easter long weekend and was planning to get some extra kms over the weekend but I have no idea where to ride up there, if anyone can suggest some good rides (maybe with a strava record etc) it would be pretty handy thanks. BTW looking for rides around 50km or more and I dont mind climbing hills

Thanks Guys
Here is a thread with some routes around that area, more the Nelson Bay/Shoal Fingal area.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=47736&hilit=port+stephens" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

simonn

Re: Where to ride around Port Stephens

Postby simonn » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:00 pm

I'm planning on riding up again (via Peats Ridge -> Wollombi -> Cessnock ~250km) for the third year in a row and back (via Newcastle -> Ettalong ferry -> Palm Beach ~200km) as well this time.