Gloves and Overshoes

jamesn184

Gloves and Overshoes

Postby jamesn184 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:39 am

With the selection of my jacket finished, its time to start looking for a good pair of Overshoes and Winter gloves.

I've had a look around but its hard to narrow down..
http://www.this link is broken/castelli-diluvi ... ng-gloves/

In terms of the overshoes it seems hard to narrow down ones that are both warm and water proof and last the distance.. because I've had a pair of BBB that didn't really perform that well and fell to bits pretty quickly
And with the gloves they have to be waterproof and warm for Melbourne Winter.. and offer some comfort for 3-4 hr rides!
Oh and budget is max $100 :) for both :)
Cheers

jcjordan

Re: Gloves and Overshoes

Postby jcjordan » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:46 pm

Look on http://www.prendas.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for overshoes and gloves.

I have been using Craft gloves for a couple of years but love the oversocks. Have always perfered the socks to the more plastic type covers.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:26 pm

With your over-booties, if they really are waterproof, your feet will stay warm as long as you are wearing some warm socks in your cycle shoes. In wet winter conditions I just use the Showerspass Club Overshoes - waterproof-breathable fabric, no insulation materials. They've proved quite good for Donna Buang snow rides, descending the mountain in sub-zero conditions.

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:35 am

il padrone wrote:With your over-booties, if they really are waterproof, your feet will stay warm as long as you are wearing some warm socks in your cycle shoes. In wet winter conditions I just use the Showerspass Club Overshoes - waterproof-breathable fabric, no insulation materials. They've proved quite good for Donna Buang snow rides, descending the mountain in sub-zero conditions.
I have never found any overshoes which are truly water proof. water gets in from the top and bottom.

I just except the wet and worry about being warm.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:24 am

jcjordan wrote:I have never found any overshoes which are truly water proof. water gets in from the top and bottom.
That'll be because you're not doing it right. :wink:

I never get water in the top of my overshoes, and only a little if I'm walking in puddles from the cleat holes. But if it's raining enough to use the overshoes then I'll also be using the overpants, which go over the top of the overshoes. So water drains down the legs and runs off the overpants. Using nice waterporof overshoes without overpants is like putting a bucket out to collect the rain (also why Goretex shoes are so foolish :roll: )

I know lots of roadies don't like the overpants thing, but it does work.

jamesn184

Postby jamesn184 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:13 pm

I'm going to get the overshoes and gloves from prendas
You can always get the castelli legwarmers that have neoprene or something to that effect