Postby il padrone » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:58 pm

Cowbell
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

Baldy

Re: Sock height ???

Postby Baldy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:12 pm

This thread needs more Nobody.

The fact is the person wearing matching team kit is wearing whatever they want, even knowing what people like you might think of them.

Whereas you wear what you think everyone should be wearing. You know, to get your image juuust right. Your "trade team" needs to be retro and probably merino and made by Rapha, lycra is ok but only when you deem it so.

Now who is the [mod=mikesbytes]Bad language removed[/mod] :roll:

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:30 pm

Baldy wrote:This thread needs more Nobody.

The fact is the person wearing matching team kit is wearing whatever they want, even knowing what people like you might think of them.

Whereas you wear what you think everyone should be wearing. You know, to get your image juuust right. Your "trade team" needs to be retro and probably merino and made by Rapha, lycra is ok but only when you deem it so.
Hey, what ever is the beef? Please show me where I have ever said that nobody should wear team kit?

I'm happy for other cyclists to wear whatever suits them (suits included). I just don't tolerate any "holier-than-thou", velomnati-elitist 'rules', especially when used to belittle or exclude others. Simple really.... but you seem to be missing my point :|

And norbs seems to have a few things to say about such "rules police".

Waiting for that quote.
Mandatory helmet law?

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:51 pm

Personal attacks and lies like the above tend to make me feel very glad I'm off overseas for the next 3 months. Maybe a lot on here will be glad that they'll hear a lot less from me :?

Not sure whether I'll bother posting again :roll: :x

Pffft!!!!
Mandatory helmet law?

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:01 pm

il padrone wrote:Personal attacks and lies like the above tend to make me feel very glad I'm off overseas for the next 3 months. Maybe a lot on here will be glad that they'll hear a lot less from me :?

Pffft!!!!
Ever? Or just this thread?
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

norbs

Postby norbs » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:17 am

il padrone wrote:

Now who is the w@nker :roll:
Hey, what ever is the beef? Please show me where I have ever said that nobody should wear team kit?

I'm happy for other cyclists to wear whatever suits them (suits included). I just don't tolerate any "holier-than-thou", velomnati-elitist 'rules', especially when used to belittle or exclude others. Simple really.... but you seem to be missing my point :|

And norbs seems to have a few things to say about such "rules police".

Waiting for that quote.

I wont be kicking the hornets nest that is the Velominazi's any time soon. :)

My thoughts are in the link above.

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:22 am

il padrone wrote:Personal attacks and lies like the above tend to make me feel very glad I'm off overseas for the next 3 months. Maybe a lot on here will be glad that they'll hear a lot less from me :?

Pffft!!!!
I like reading your contributions even if I don't agree with everyrthing you say.

Kwaichang

Postby Kwaichang » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:57 am

jules21 wrote:saw a good one this morning for the bike snobs - a guy in lycra with shaved legs, commuting on a Dura-Ace equipped carbon roadie. I was riding about 50m behind him - on my MTB at 25 km/h. he was carrying a few extra kg around the middle and was wearing sand shoes with rubber pedals!

personally, I say well played that man. he wasn't concerned about sock height, that's for sure. he was just enjoying his cycling.
I know that guy... He refuses to clip in because needs to dismount at an instant to land a chuck Norris type round house to the chin of fixie riding hipsters who wear NO socks and quite often sport vintage moustache's.
It's a crazy world...

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:54 am

Pffft!!!!
And anyone could see that this topic was going to end in tears.

Marx

Postby Marx » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:37 pm

Nothing about stockings? :roll:
-----------------------
A bike and a place to ride.

TTar

Postby TTar » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:19 pm

g-boaf wrote:

Except this topic shows no signs of ending.
Sent from my fortified compound

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:44 pm

TTar wrote:
g-boaf wrote:

Except this topic shows no signs of ending.
Another 16 pager? :lol:

brentono

Postby brentono » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:51 pm

Sock it to me :D
White, just above the ankle, simple (if you have to) :wink:
:mrgreen:

Lone Rider- I rode on the long, dark road... before I danced under the lights.

Scarfy96

Postby Scarfy96 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:04 pm

MattyK wrote:
il padrone wrote:BTW, I wear my glasses inside the helmet straps because I like to take my helmet off and still see clearly...... so you can just p'sorf!
Never understood this myself. I do as you do, if I don't I forget and take my helmet off and send my glasses flying
Amazed no-one has picked up on this.

Come off your bike ONCE with your glasses under the straps and if you don't destroy your eyes you will change your mind.

Glasses under the straps mean they stay in place as you fall, your head hits and bounces on the ground and your glasses held firmly against your face dig into your face and potentially damage your eye socket or eyeball. If you are lucky you will just end up with scars across your face, if you are unlucky you will lose an eye.

If the glasses are on the OUTSIDE of the helmet straps there is a much better chance they will bounce free and you get to save your eyesight/face.

Choice is yours.

It isn't about look, it is simple, logical, safety advice.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:18 pm

Scarfy96 wrote:
MattyK wrote:
il padrone wrote:BTW, I wear my glasses inside the helmet straps because I like to take my helmet off and still see clearly...... so you can just p'sorf!
Never understood this myself. I do as you do, if I don't I forget and take my helmet off and send my glasses flying

Come off your bike ONCE with your glasses under the straps and if you don't destroy your eyes you will change your mind.

Glasses under the straps mean they stay in place as you fall, your head hits and bounces on the ground and your glasses held firmly against your face dig into your face and potentially damage your eye socket or eyeball. If you are lucky you will just end up with scars across your face, if you are unlucky you will lose an eye.

If the glasses are on the OUTSIDE of the helmet straps there is a much better chance they will bounce free and you get to save your eyesight/face.

Choice is yours.

What about full face helmets and googles? Haha. For that reason I too wear my sunnies on the outside of the strap.

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:38 pm

Scarfy96 wrote:
MattyK wrote:

Choice is yours.

I already said that and people thought I was taking the micky. At a junior race I was managing the comm made everyone put the arms outside because they'd seen this very thing the night before.
Last edited by bigfriendlyvegan on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RonK

Postby RonK » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:41 pm

bigfriendlyvegan wrote:I already said that and people thought I was taking the micky. At a junior race I was managing the comm made everyone put the straps outside because they'd seen this very thing the night before.
:?: :?: :?: Are you sure this is what you meant to say?
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

RonK

Postby RonK » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:44 pm

Scarfy96 wrote:If the glasses are on the OUTSIDE of the helmet straps there is a much better chance they will bounce free and you get to save your eyesight/face.

Choice is yours.

Ahhhh, but then it appears you are observing "The Rules", and we can't have that, can we.
Last edited by RonK on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:45 pm

il padrone wrote:More typical attire (ice creams at Monegeeta)

Disgraceful, there isn't a single coffee in that photo

Is that what happens to you if you wear the wrong length socks?
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:46 pm

RonK wrote:
bigfriendlyvegan wrote:I already said that and people thought I was taking the micky. At a junior race I was managing the comm made everyone put the straps outside because they'd seen this very thing the night before.
:?: :?: :?: Are you sure this is what you meant to say?
No, I meant to say put the arms outside the straps. Will go back and amend. Thanks for the catch.

m@

Postby m@ » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:38 pm

il padrone wrote:Most MTBers wear short socks, and in black.

Less dirt shows on them, less material for washing :P
But I'd rather wash the dirt out of my socks than my leg hair! :wink:

Hmm, have a feeling that may disqualify me from further comment on this topic... :mrgreen:
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

jules21

Postby jules21 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:50 pm

mikesbytes wrote: Disgraceful, there isn't a single coffee in that photo
not just any coffee - should be espresso

BandedRail

Postby BandedRail » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:40 pm

The only way socks could help me look good is if they were long enough for me to pull over my head :P

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:51 pm

I don't see why. You guys are doing a fine job at winding each other up about nothing, all by yourselves. :P

Hmmm. I just re-read the post which may imply that I'm some kind of tribal Fred egomaniac...Oh well, so what? Ya gotta 'ave a t'ick skin to be hangin' 'round these dem forims. :mrgreen:

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:54 am

BandedRail wrote:The only way socks could help me look good is if they were long enough for me to pull over my head :P
:D :D :D

Although technically not allowed, there is a time and a place for making exceptions. Continue with your sock regime Mr Rail :wink: