Where's the track at??

meetch

Where's the track at??

Postby meetch » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:51 pm

Hey everyone. Just wondering where I can find out about where all the track action is over winter? Although I'm about to buy a road bike I'd love to keep up the track racing/training over winter to get ultra fit and take the sport of cycling seriously! Any links/info/suggestions much appreciated :)

high_tea

Re: Where's the track at??

Postby high_tea » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:47 pm

meetch wrote:Hey everyone. Just wondering where I can find out about where all the track action is over winter? Although I'm about to buy a road bike I'd love to keep up the track racing/training over winter to get ultra fit and take the sport of cycling seriously! Any links/info/suggestions much appreciated :)
You don't mention your location, but assuming you live somewhere near a velodrome, you should be able to find something pretty much year-round. Here in Brisbane, anyway, there's training to be had pretty much the whole year. Competition tails off a bit outside of the traditional track season too, but there's the odd thing going on. It may be awkward to find info - as I recall, some of the Brisbane stuff isn't super-easy to find via Google. Maybe mention your location? I shouldn't wonder someone on here will be able to point you in the right direction.

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:24 pm

Sydney = RAW track

meetch

Postby meetch » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:59 pm

high_tea wrote:
meetch wrote:Hey everyone. Just wondering where I can find out about where all the track action is over winter? Although I'm about to buy a road bike I'd love to keep up the track racing/training over winter to get ultra fit and take the sport of cycling seriously! Any links/info/suggestions much appreciated :)
You don't mention your location, but assuming you live somewhere near a velodrome, you should be able to find something pretty much year-round. Here in Brisbane, anyway, there's training to be had pretty much the whole year. Competition tails off a bit outside of the traditional track season too, but there's the odd thing going on. It may be awkward to find info - as I recall, some of the Brisbane stuff isn't super-easy to find via Google. Maybe mention your location? I shouldn't wonder someone on here will be able to point you in the right direction.

Sydney is my location, looks like RAW is the way to go for me, Ive gotten back into training this week so looking forward to RAW!

meetch

Postby meetch » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:04 pm

bigfriendlyvegan wrote:Sydney = RAW track
Thanks a lot bigfriendlvegan, can you confirm when RAW starts? Ive been told around june.

Btw, its just clicked that I think I know who you are. You commentate the LACC track meets right?
I ride for LACC at the minute, newish rider, any ideas who I am? Bet you can narrow it down :)

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:33 pm

meetch wrote:
Thanks a lot bigfriendlvegan, can you confirm when RAW starts? Ive been told around june.

Btw, its just clicked that I think I know who you are. You commentate the LACC track meets right?
I ride for LACC at the minute, newish rider, any ideas who I am? Bet you can narrow it down :)
Yeah, that's me. Am I right in guessing that the ee in your name should be replaced by an i?

Either way, I'll see you at RAW in the winter. It's like nothing you've seen before. Huge amounts of fun.

Keep an eye on http://www.rawtrack.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for details. When I find out, I'll announce it here. There are quite a few forumites who race there.

meetch

Postby meetch » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:29 pm

bigfriendlyvegan wrote:
meetch wrote:

Yeah, that's me. Am I right in guessing that the ee in your name should be replaced by an i?

Either way, I'll see you at RAW in the winter. It's like nothing you've seen before. Huge amounts of fun.

Keep an eye on http://www.rawtrack.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for details. When I find out, I'll announce it here. There are quite a few forumites who race there.

Thats right!
Looking very much forward to RAW thanks a lot for the info, ill check out the website now! :)

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:47 pm

Sounds like a lot of secrete squirrel stuff going on here! :mrgreen:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:33 pm

foo on patrol wrote:Sounds like a lot of secrete squirrel stuff going on here! :mrgreen:

Foo
So says Foo, IF that's your real name :evil:

Some people like to be anonymous on the inter-webs, but I'm known around the traps by both my handle and my real name pretty equally, so I don't care.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:38 pm

bigfriendlyvegan wrote:
foo on patrol wrote:Sounds like a lot of secrete squirrel stuff going on here! :mrgreen:

Foo
So says Foo, IF that's your real name :evil:

Some people like to be anonymous on the inter-webs, but I'm known around the traps by both my handle and my real name pretty equally, so I don't care.
Yep that's my real name, trust me, would I tell a lie? :twisted: :lol:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km