TT lights

Brenchen

TT lights

Postby Brenchen » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:00 pm

Hi all,

This may be a stupid question, but do you put on lights (head/rear) for your TT bike? Or because TT are so specific and the training you do on them are very specific and to be done during the day, you never needed lights?

If you do use lights, are there anything I should be aware of? I'm looking at roadie lights, but because my seat tube (Ordu TT bike) is sooo thick, like many other TT bikes, will an ordinary rear light be able to mount on the back, or do we need something specific?

I am looking at the Cateye set http://www.this link is broken/cateye-hl-el135 ... light-set/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If there are better suggestions, or if I am asking a stupid question, please let me know.

Cheers,
Brendan

Toolish

Re: TT lights

Postby Toolish » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:38 pm

I ride my TT at night. Nearly all of my riding is in the dark.

Depending on what base bar you have on your bike standard road lights will probably be ok up front.

I have this up front http://www.bikeray.com/a/en/product/RAY ... 07/14.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This at the back http://www.this link is broken.au/moon-shield-60 ... ear-light/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I ride a Cannondale Slice which has a fairly deep seat post. All fits fine.

Brenchen

Postby Brenchen » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:20 pm

I got a PD Prosvet base bar. Just got the bike today, had a look, there are very minimal spaces to work with.

There are 2 gaps essentially I can attach stuff to, one will be for my k edge, somehow the other I need to fit a light in.

My seat tube is very large, so I guess I need to get something silicon for it.
Brendan

Evo6point5

Postby Evo6point5 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:58 pm

I have a Moon 300 which clamps onto the aero bar extensions and have a rear led light that I clip onto my jersey. The Moons also come with helmet mounts.

Have yet to find a decent small light that fits to the cervelo fat seat tube

Brenchen

Postby Brenchen » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:32 pm

I found a replica of the Moon (don't know which version, but it's very similar). The front I just got one of the extensions which mounts on the handlebar, and I can strap the light on the that.

As for the rear, I mounted the light on one of the side tubes which has a smaller circumference, that seems to work fine.

Once I get my extension and have the setup up right, I'll take a photo to show how I've arranged it.
Brendan

Ross

Postby Ross » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:08 am

I have AYUPs on mine

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:38 pm

You can use an off-cut from a steerer or seat post - cut it to size, drill some holes in it and mount it between your aero bars with zip ties.

Gives you a mount for your computer or lights.
Our Website is: http://www.kotavelo.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Find us on Facebook by searching for "Kotavelo"

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:17 pm

jacks1071 wrote:You can use an off-cut from a steerer or seat post - cut it to size, drill some holes in it and mount it between your aero bars with zip ties.

Gives you a mount for your computer or lights.
That's a really neat idea, I remember seeing something like that on some really old primitive aerobars a couple of years ago.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

DoubleSpeeded

Postby DoubleSpeeded » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:00 pm

Ross wrote:I have AYUPs on mine

what about the Rear lights?

i never ride at night

id be scared about someone collecting you from behind

all it takes is someone with bad eye sight to convert you to a speed hump
:mrgreen: