From the land of the great fat a***

open topic, for anything cycling related.

From the land of the great fat a***

Postby pugsly » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:07 pm

I've finally found some shy shorts, nicks and jersey for the 'ample gentleman'. Having worn them a couple of times, I have to admit it makes a big difference - having pockets on the back of my shirt means no back-pack and the padding in just the right place.. well, most of you know...

The quality seems ok - although to be honest, I don't have a lot to compare with, and the prices seem good - even if they are shipped half way around the planet.

I'll drop the name of the retailer if it's of any interest to anyone - I don't want to be seen as advertising for them - I'm just stoked to find something that fits me!

So if you see a big guy on a black Giant boulder, with a bright blue jersey and black shy shorts and a black/grey helmet in the SE suburbs of Melbourne, or around Southgate/CBD - say hi - it's probably me. :)

BTW - went for a ride down to Jell's park today after a weeks hiatus. Was good to go for a ride - but bloody hell was it hot. I'm glad I've got two bidons on the bike now. Odo is now 180kms...
pugsly

by BNA » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:40 pm

BNA

Postby MJF » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:40 pm

Yep - drop away, pugsly. Limited clothing choices here in Canberra...

And congrats on getting back on the bike. I'm out to the shed in a minute to service the bike ready for another week of commuting...
MJF

Postby Halfanewb » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:55 pm

Yes please , i've been chasing a long sleeved jersey for some time now without any success.

Many thanks :)
Halfanewb

Postby pugsly » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:17 pm

It's a mob called aerotech designs cyclewear. Url is http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/

I initially found them on ebay, but have moved to just ordering from them directly. The last lot of stuff I ordered took about a week.

I first ordered a pair of nicks because of the dangers of sizes not being the same everywhere - the pair that arrived was too big! :shock: but only by about a size, so the next order was for a bunch of stuff.
pugsly

Postby mikesbytes » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:58 pm

Pugsly, they look interesting. Which line did you purchase (classic, semi pro etc)

Have a nice day
training log
ImageImageImage
A helmet saved my life
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby pugsly » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:20 pm

The classic bike shorts, and the baggy bike shorts.

They seem better that normal shorts and jocks - I don't know how they compare to local normal bike apparel though.
pugsly

Postby TriggerFish » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:55 pm

Thanks for the tip Pugsly! I will certainly bookmark sites for the ample gentleman....

Keep up the good work mate. The hill is worth climbing!
TriggerFish

Return to General discussion