Market Street PSP diversion: Friday 8 March to 25 March 2013

rolandp

Market Street PSP diversion: Friday 8 March to 25 March 2013

Postby rolandp » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:15 pm

From Perth City Link:
Please be aware that due to excavation works on the Perth City Link Rail Alliance site, a diversion to the current configuration of the Market Street PSP, behind the Harbour Town carpark, will be in place from this afternoon.

Cyclists and pedestrians will need to cross the road where the PSP and Market Street intersect, and use the footpath on the southern side of Market Street. This section of footpath will become a temporary shared path and a traffic management plan will be implemented, including signage and a traffic controller where commuters will need to cross the road.

The rail alliance's work along Market Street is expected to be completed late-April 2013, at which time the PSP will return to normal.

We appreciate your ongoing patience with our works and please do no hesitate contact the Community team on 0418 119 187 if you have any concerns.
Thanks for the 2 hour advance warning.

rolandp

Re: Market Street PSP diversion: Friday 8 March to 25 March

Postby rolandp » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:06 am

Not too sure what happened to the below, as I have never been diverted over Market St.

What was implemented today/over the week-end, there is a slight diversion off the shared path near Market St. Not a big issue, but the diversion is as smooth as a crocodiles bottom.

Slow down as the temporary fencing, and the angle of the diversion makes it a little tricky.

wexford

Postby wexford » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:36 pm

rolandp wrote:Slow down as the temporary fencing, and the angle of the diversion makes it a little tricky.
Yeah, I hit that a bit too quick about 5:30am on Sunday and gave myself a scare. Needless to say I took it easier on the way back a few hours later!

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:33 pm

The next time someone musters the pollies for a cycle infrastructure tour, they need to do it in the dark in the rain/wet surfaces.
What is a casual observation of below average can be a bone breaker in poor conditions when it matters most.

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:56 pm

This section is again open. However, I really hope they re-tar in the near future as it is only slightly better than the diversion.

rolandp

Postby rolandp » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:58 pm

Diversion signs are in place due to the water pipe problem on Wellington st. They stick them on the PSP blocking it about 50%. So there are now more motorists on market st. Problem is, the diversion is through rac car park, which motorists don't get the idea, and follow down to The Arena, where they realise their mistake and try to make it back, which is technically now a one way road.

Interesting to watch, not interesting when you get caught trying to avoid a car trying to work out which way to go.