Bribie Island Ride

singlespeedscott

Re: Bribie Island Ride

Postby singlespeedscott » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:03 pm

I saw a few riding up Mt. Mee. Absolutely gorgeous day up in the hills.

Paddles

Postby Paddles » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:40 am

Hi Foo, i got an early one in with my wife and daughter (they were both wingeing about the cold) on saturday morning and saw no-one else, but had to slip over to bribie early on sunday and there were quite a few guys riding bribie road.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:46 pm

I may have been to early for everyone Paddles. I was coming off the Island at 6-40 and only saw one bloke going over then, bunch of slackos. :D

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:48 pm

I may have been to early for everyone Paddles. I was coming off the Island at 6-40 and only saw one bloke going over then, bunch of slackos. :D

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

Paddles

Postby Paddles » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:31 am

yep, you musta beat them all out of bed foo.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:28 pm

Going for a ride in the morning. :)

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:13 am

Done and dusted, only saw two cyclists coming along Bribie rd about 200mtrs from the start of the bridge. A bloke and a girl with good lights. :)

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:39 am

Nice ride this morning, shame about the howlling head wind in places. It must of been blowing at least 5Kmh. :shock: Well when you have the aero of a garden shed and the fitness of a sloth, it makes a big difference. :lol:

Foo
Goal 6000km

Wazza

Postby Wazza » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:44 am

Good to hear you battled on gamely Foo :wink:
Wazza

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:41 pm

Had to put the team first Wazza. :lol:

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:00 pm

What a magic day for a ride! 8) :D

Foo
Goal 6000km

Paddles

Postby Paddles » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:14 pm

Certainly was nice up our way Mr Foo, I was on domestic duties today so no pedalling for me, but I snuck in an early one before work on thursday and will probably do a lap with wife and daughter tomorrow arvie.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:49 am

Got another day just like yesterday 8) so all up I did 52klms and 100mts of climbing. :D Well that is a big effort fo me. :P

Foo
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:08 am

Well another 30k done and dusted on this beautifull day. :D

Foo
Goal 6000km

Paddles

Postby Paddles » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:26 pm

Nice work foo, another lovely day for it. Sailing for me today and school sausage sizzle yesterday so no riding for me this weekend, but wifey and I went for a local ride on Ekka Wednesday with a Bribie mate of mine and his wife, we drove over to Bribie and the four of us did a return trip to Beachmere which is a leisurely 45-50kms through Bestmann Road and a few Beachmere back road, very nice couple of hours ride and nice and warm in the middle of the day too. It was great to get the ladies out and upping the pace without the kids, normally our road rides are slowed down a bit by the munchkins.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:10 pm

Yeah that ride is a good one Paddles, only a little bit of crap surface.

Foo
Goal 6000km

Paddles

Postby Paddles » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:54 am

Yeah, plenty of bumps in the middle, that's why we use the 28mm tyres. It's a lovely coastal ride though and even a couple of small hills that are a bit foreign to us Beachmere kids. And if you're in the latte set and stopping half way for a coffee and a sweetie are more your style then Beachmere bakery has the goodies.

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:53 pm

The roads out at Beachmere aren't to bad. You should ride out to the back of Elimbah. I can never get over the fact that they race there.

Paddles

Postby Paddles » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:05 pm

yeah, that's a fair call scott, we've got a section of maybe 1-2km that's really krap and the remainder is only moderately bumpy, you've got plenty of km of really krap out the back of where you are, luckily the scenery and lack of pollution more than make up for the road surface hey.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:09 pm

singlespeedscott wrote:You should ride out to the back of Elimbah. I can never get over the fact that they race there.
What are you talking about? Fantastic quality roads out that way for racing!

That bit of road heading west along Caboolture-Bribie Island road can get fudged going past the servo! Yeah, trying to claim a 100kph lane on a bicycle is a god damn great idea when drivers behind still floor it past on the painted lines/turn off lane (when I last rode that section last year there was no shoulder and the left part of the lane was worse than what's at Elimbah meaning you had to ride towards the centre lane or take the risk of riding across broken, bumpy, deformed resurfaced bits of road and getting a puncture. Hopefully that's been fixed).

Paddles

Postby Paddles » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:37 am

yeah, i won't ride on it lukey, that section through the king john creek swamp is a death trap i reckon. it's the last really dangerous bit of bribie road left, it's dangerous even in a car. i think a local member must have kids that go to st michaels so they got the speed limit dropped to 80kph till the western side of the old toorbul point road turnoff but the rest of it is a 100kph goat track just like beachmere road. i just don't know why DTMR can't just add an extra bit on the side of these roads to make them safer for cycling, surely it'd cost stuff all in the big scheme of things.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:11 am

Paddles wrote:i just don't know why DTMR can't just add an extra bit on the side of these roads to make them safer for cycling, surely it'd cost stuff all in the big scheme of things.
Going past the DTMR at Carseldine its easy to see why. Cars parked at the pinch points over painted yellow lines even though there are massive car parks a few metres away. They don't care. I should start taking off side mirrors and leaving notes saying that I was squeezed between your car on the painted yellow lines, the car squeezing past the traffic island in the BAZ :P

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:32 am

OFF TOPIC.

Lukey, how do you find dashware, is it easy to pull it all together and sync?
Last time I tried the demo it was a steaming pile of sh1te.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:34 pm

For what I want it to do I'm happy with it. I'm a bit techy so I find it pretty good and easy. I usually have reference points that I can match the two feeds which helps. On cameras that have footage missing when it creates a new video can be a pain in the ass to resync but with cameras that have continuous recording when it splits the files like GoPros its easy to just move the slider to the end, delete the video and insert the next clip. Most of the speed issues - eg heavy breaking/heavy accelerating from a stand still/random pedaling - are as a result of how the garmin records at 1 second intervals. If your running a motec setup on your car the stats would be more accurate. Use the Garmin GPS device from your car and the stats can be a bit sketchy at times just because of how the data is recorded.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:00 pm

Well that was an amusing ride...............for the Magpies! :shock: Magpies 6 dopey human on the bike 0. :lol:

Foo
Goal 6000km