New Commercial Section - Welcome DealeXtreme

News from Bicycles Network Australia and the Australian Cycling Forums

New Commercial Section - Welcome DealeXtreme

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:46 pm

To-date businesses have been welcomed to the BNA forums though can only be take part with a) non promotional involvement including no sneaky posting and b) only responding to topics and sharing information on the products that asked from members and are specifically about their products.

As per the discussion in the forum feedback section commercial thread discussion link we are now trialing this on BNA.

Commercial business can now become involved by paying a small monthly fee and can use the new Commercial Sales and Offers section to promote their deals. These businesses can post in other sections though the general rules still apply; non-promotional or in response to a member question about their products.

In the Commercial Sales and Offers section, general members can't post new topics, (only the businesses can) however can reply. If members wish to share deals where there is no vested interest, as before these can go in the Spotted a special - Post it in here! thread.

With the launch of this new section I would also like to welcome Alex of DealeXtreme - posting as DealeXtreme as our first commercial business.

For other businesses who are interested, as we trial this we have very attractive (low) pricing - sop PM or email me: [email protected]
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

by BNA » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:58 pm

BNA

Re: New Commercial Section - Welcome DealeXtreme

Postby lump_a_charcoal » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:58 pm

No link on the right?
lump_a_charcoal

Postby Deusirae » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:29 pm

So, does this mean we won't get nearly every single wheel thread spammed by jacks1071 shilling his Pro-Lite stuff anymore? Personally, I'm sick to death of the constant garbage posted by one of your 'allowed' commercial sponsors.
Deusirae

Re:

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:51 pm

[quote="Deusirae"]So, does this mean we won't get nearly every single wheel thread spammed by jacks1071 shilling his Pro-Lite stuff anymore? Personally, I'm sick to death of the constant garbage posted by one of your 'allowed' commercial sponsors.[/quote]

I don't think Deon pushes his stuff unfairly. He pops up when people are thinking of buying certain wheels and says "check this out as an alternative". After that, he's quite happy to give advice on other wheels/bikes/etc. when appropriate. Aside from which, he's not pushing crap - the pro-lite stuff is quite good at its price point. I get more product hassle from my LBS when he shows up at our races.

Disclosure: I have two pro-lite wheelsets and a pro-lite bike.

BTW, welcome DX. I've bought a few things from DX over the years with no problems.
bigfriendlyvegan

Re: Re:

Postby Nobody » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:59 pm

bigfriendlyvegan wrote:Disclosure: I have two pro-lite wheelsets and a pro-lite bike.
Well, there's no bias there then. :P

Disclosure: I have a Pro-Lite stem I bought OS.
Nobody

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:19 pm

Deusirae wrote:So, does this mean we won't get nearly every single wheel thread spammed by jacks1071 shilling his Pro-Lite stuff anymore? Personally, I'm sick to death of the constant garbage posted by one of your 'allowed' commercial sponsors.

Yes - there has been a little more felixibility granted as Deon is active and constructive within the forum where a typical business spams and runs - when it is in reason then I feel that this is fair.

In quickly reviewing your posts I see that you have not been particularly active and constructive in the forum - while that is fine it does make it difficult for me to take your complaint seriously.

I have a disclaimer too - don't own any Pro-Lite gear but they do advertise in the forum and help keep this site alive.
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:59 pm

I agree that there is a difference between spamming and active members giving advice. Not to say it can't be abused by members. But wghen that happens then attack the miscreant, not the whole demographic.

I do believe however that members who do ply some business need to NOT hide their interst in the shadows.

And on this trial, I think it's a good thing to try. Though not likely to have much to sell to me.
Unchain yourself - Ride a unicycle .Image
ColinOldnCranky

Postby orbeas » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:00 am

Also theres a lot of orbeas out on the roads and tracks and don't crack a mention in cycling brands forums
Orbea Euskaltel:Ultegra,Durace,RS80
Orbea Erandio Hybrid
orbeas

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:18 am

Adding a brand in that section is easy - just based on demand. Here are the details for requesting, not difficult but do ensure that there are more than just a few who want this.
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Zynster » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:43 am

I don't have a problem with the Pro-lite guy. Seen heaps of his posts and he's an active member of this community. This is a great example of how to do social marketing properly, and I hope other businesses take note. I've never bought a Pro-lite product and have no connection with them, but due to his involvement here I'd be more inclined to buy from them.
Fausto Coppi Reparto Corse | Giant Farrago Cross
Zynster

Postby Summernight » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:54 am

Zynster wrote:I don't have a problem with the Pro-lite guy. Seen heaps of his posts and he's an active member of this community. This is a great example of how to do social marketing properly, and I hope other businesses take note. I've never bought a Pro-lite product and have no connection with them, but due to his involvement here I'd be more inclined to buy from them.

+1
Summernight

Re: Re:

Postby DealeXtreme » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:17 am

HI bigfriendlyvegan

Thanks for the welcome. We are pleased to help where we can with any orders from DX or to give advice on anything people are interested in. We don't intend to spam or get involved inappropriately in any forum posts.

And we feel that we may have a few items that people may be interested in such as our bike lights, action cameras and many other light accessories.

Thanks again.

DX Team

bigfriendlyvegan wrote:
Deusirae wrote:So, does this mean we won't get nearly every single wheel thread spammed by jacks1071 shilling his Pro-Lite stuff anymore? Personally, I'm sick to death of the constant garbage posted by one of your 'allowed' commercial sponsors.

I don't think Deon pushes his stuff unfairly. He pops up when people are thinking of buying certain wheels and says "check this out as an alternative". After that, he's quite happy to give advice on other wheels/bikes/etc. when appropriate. Aside from which, he's not pushing crap - the pro-lite stuff is quite good at its price point. I get more product hassle from my LBS when he shows up at our races.

Disclosure: I have two pro-lite wheelsets and a pro-lite bike.

BTW, welcome DX. I've bought a few things from DX over the years with no problems.
DealeXtreme

Re:

Postby NhiTrac » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:00 pm

To chime in on what others have said, Deon of Pro-Lite Australia have been more than helpful on these forums and to personally, myself. I've asked the guy 101 things about wheels though have not even bought a set or own any Pro-Lite stuff. His garbage posts as you say, have been 1 million folds more useful to this cycling community than yours.

Welcome DealeXtreme, keen to check out what you have on offer :mrgreen:
FOCUS Cayo Expert
NhiTrac

Postby trailgumby » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:12 pm

Summernight wrote:
Zynster wrote:I don't have a problem with the Pro-lite guy. Seen heaps of his posts and he's an active member of this community. This is a great example of how to do social marketing properly, and I hope other businesses take note. I've never bought a Pro-lite product and have no connection with them, but due to his involvement here I'd be more inclined to buy from them.

+1

+2. As a result of his contribution here I bought a Kurt Kinetic trainer which, by the way, ans been excellent. Deon has more than earned his stripes in this forum.

Welcome, DX. I might be looking to pick up some of those lights of yours in the near future.
"People have a right to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Evidence must be located, not created, and opinions not backed by evidence cannot be given much weight." -- James W Loewen

http://www.facebook.com/Drive2WorkDay
trailgumby

Postby outnabike » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:37 pm

Well I have had two purchases from DX and thy both have gone sour. I can fully document both if desired. One was about a year ago, and due to no delivery I went through the commonwealth bank after a couple of months for a refund.
Then due to a similar approach by the said Alex and statements that Dx was now the owner of Aus depot, and delivery to major cities was great, I made a purchase.
Only after my purchase did the info come that the stuff was out of stock. I reckon it is a scam as if you want to get in touch with DX every query refers you to an FAQ page.
Yes they did give out phone numbers and NONE worked.
Though I did refer to Alex as the originator of my problems, He never got back to me and I was left with overseas disinterest.
Only when I raised a dispute with Pay Pal did I get a response, and that was to drop the dispute.

I am happy to post all relevant texts if the admin would like, but I warn you it will only make DX look really bad.
Eventually they refunded my purchase, but it was like pulling teeth. So that twice bitten and in all the years of internet purchases this is the only company to let me down.
outnabike

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:01 pm

Thanks for raising this outnabike.

It actually is valid feedback and in these forums can be a opportunity for cutsomers or potential customer to have direct contact - we have see this work successfully in past with some companies who (for a limited time at least) get involve in the forum to resolve issues. The public forum means that it can be resolution orientated - and that genuine and fair issues can be resolved.

Customer service is key - particularly online and companies who succeed at this generally get recognised and can retain their customers. Customer Service is also tough... though it pays off.
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DealeXtreme » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Firstly i'd like to say thanks to NhiTrac and trailgumby for the welcome and if you need any help with DX or products etc, i'm here to help..

I'd also like to reply to outnabike about his experiences. We are sorry about the problems that you encountered. DX has had a bad reputation in the past (before "AU Direct") for delivering items very slowly. DX attempted to solve this problem by opening an Australian warehouse to deliver goods faster about a year ago, though this had limited success, thus the Sydney warehouse was closed. Therefore, the solution about 6 months ago, was to partner with Australia's TOLL shipping service which promises to deliver "in stock" items to anywhere in Australia within 7 working days. And as far as i'm aware this is working properly.

The difference between "AU Direct" and normal DX "worldwide" delivery is that all AU Direct' products, as long as they say "in stock" are literally in stock, meaning that they will be delivered within the 7 working days delivery time via TOLL. Admittedly, there was a slight issue with products being "out of stock" during the Chinese new year in February, as DX closes for 2 weeks and so does the whole of China, thus supply stops, so some of the Au Direct products sold out. Though now things are back on track and everything you see "in stock" in AU Direct is in the warehouse in HK and ready to be shipped within 7 working days.

Again, if anyone sends me a message I will reply given fair time frame and try to help wherever I can.

Thanks
DX Team
DealeXtreme

Postby russellgarrard » Wed May 01, 2013 4:36 pm

Just bought myself some green spokelits from DX.com, someone slapped the wrong SKU on it from China. So I now have two red ones I can't use legally instead of the green ones...
russellgarrard

Postby DealeXtreme » Thu May 02, 2013 12:34 pm

russellgarrard wrote:Just bought myself some green spokelits from DX.com, someone slapped the wrong SKU on it from China. So I now have two red ones I can't use legally instead of the green ones...

Hi russellgarrard

Sorry about this issue.

Please go to https://cs.dx.com/Ticket/Index ticket section and open a ticket. If DX has made a mistake they will inform how to amend and proceed.

I will PM you to investigate further.

Thanks
DealeXtreme

Postby slytec » Fri May 10, 2013 1:00 pm

First post, but I noticed a few people had some bad experiences with dx and decided to share my experience.

- Been dealextreme before they changed to dx.
- Bought small stuff like iPod cables, usb adapters, tire valve caps, reverse camera etc.
- Only had one issue, item wasn't in stock, wasn't shipped, it was actually dx that sent me an email informing that it wasn't processed, ended up getting store credit, cause I knew I was gonna use it anwyays.

(broken image removed)

I think dx said they were going to have a sale on soon, gonna pick up some lights or something when they do...
slytec

Return to Info / announcements