Mount Crosby/Karana Downs Social Rides.

Chillibones

Mount Crosby/Karana Downs Social Rides.

Postby Chillibones » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:33 am

Hi,

I'm trying to find out if anyone would be interested in starting a social riding group in the Mount Crosby / Karana Downs area.

I'm thinking of a Sunday morning ride (6 a.m.) for a couple of hours, very casual to start with and we'll see how we go.

So you know where I'm coming from, I live in KD, I'm not an experienced group rider, I have never competed in a cycling event, I commute to work by bike most days but usually not all the way from Karana Downs.

Any level of rider welcome, I'd like to start and finish at the soon to be re-opened Karana Downs golf club, and if they're open for brekkie / coffee after the ride all the better, we can give them some local support :)

If anyone is interested post a reply here or P.M me. Cheers.

Chillibones

Re: Mount Crosby/Karana Downs Social Rides.

Postby Chillibones » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:59 pm

31 views but no replies, I'll mark this as no interest.

Guess I'll stick to the river loops then.

Shpox

Postby Shpox » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:26 pm

I'd be down I think. I live near Brookefield so quite a bit down. Usually have no reason to head up that way but if you're interested, Gap Creek Rd & Upper Brookefield are amazing rides with amazing scenery. I usually do a River Loop on Sunday (tomorrow even) but it might be nicer to drive out the opposite way.

poohkies

Postby poohkies » Wed May 01, 2013 11:40 am

triples on the top of tandera way would be exicting, Grew up in Karana Downs as a kid, left in the early 90's massive hills for climbs etc, recon if you could ride karana downs mt crosbie area you could ride anywhere :)

Tinks

Postby Tinks » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:02 am

Hi Chillibones, I live right around the corner in Chuwar. I am still looking for my first road bike (I am completely new to this) but when I have one sorted I will be down for Sunday rides.