The Amy Gillett Foundation Ride Right poster campaign

g-boaf

Re: The Amy Gillett Foundation Ride Right poster campaign

Postby g-boaf » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:26 pm

Xplora wrote:
rheicel wrote:I am supporting this campaign. Common guys, in one morning or afternoon, try to observe in one intersection where cyclists are crossing. You will be surprised how many cyclists run on red lights. Red means stop, period! Car Drivers get fined for crossing Red lights, Cyclists don't.
Peds do this constantly, cars do it constantly... everyone runs a lot of reds. It's a major problem when cars do it because they weigh over a ton and don't stop so good at 50kmh. But no one cares about peds doing it because the primary sufferer if they misjudge is themselves.

If you honestly think a campaign needs supporting, then you need to demand better attitudes towards driving from the whole community. There are lots of people who don't take driving seriously. There are lots more people who get hurt because of poor driving and poor behaviour on the roads, than anything to do with cyclists. Literally ANYTHING. The road toll every holiday (not every year, every holiday!) almost matches the fatalities involving cyclists for the entire year. There is a much higher priority on drivers being stupid than cyclists if you want to improve the roads. Cyclists and peds can't defend themselves against cars... bikes and peds are basically on a level playing field.

If you want to help demonise cyclists, then support the AGF. I have a feeling Amy would be turning in her grave seeing what they are using her name for. She died because cars drove too close to her... not because she was a law flouting renegade on a bike.
I will never ever support this lot. I would prefer to die than give a single dollar to them. This campaign doesn't help cyclists - but it certainly does give hateful motorists some justification for their hateful actions. They'll just see it as AGF is against cyclists breaking the law, so we can be against them too..

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:03 pm

I am really surprised at the dislike for the AGF here.

I personally think you have other agendas to grind here than a dislike for the campaign.
James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:19 pm

jcjordan wrote:I am really surprised at the dislike for the AGF here.

I personally think you have other agendas to grind here than a dislike for the campaign.
How so?

I'm a commuting and recreational cyclist and can't see at all how AGF is helping improve my safety on the road.

Why do you like/support AGF when they clearly have lost their way?

Cheers, Simon
Sent from my mApple myPad using Tapatalk HD
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:13 pm

Boognoss wrote:

How so?

I'm a commuting and recreational cyclist and can't see at all how AGF is helping improve my safety on the road.

Why do you like/support AGF when they clearly have lost their way?

Cheers, Simon
I dont see that they have lost there way. I see them doing exactly what I want them to do.
- promot cycling and its participation to the wider community
- promote the message of road sharing by both parties.
- standing up for the cycling community when the haters trot out their tripe.

You need to do all three. Just wining about how cyclists are down trodden does no one any good.

I have seen very few groups do much more than the than the last bit.
James

jules21

Postby jules21 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:16 pm

jcjordan wrote:I have seen very few groups do much more than the than the last bit.
i agree with you. the notion of cycling advocacy groups calling on other road users to consider cyclists when on the road is tiresome - it's easily dismissed. but appealing to the reasonable side of people, by calling also for cyclists to behave, is constructive. a lot of advocates get sucked into the fortress mentality - "i'll never betray one of my own!" the motorcycle lobby is a classic example of this, and their resulting lack of credibility.

Coolabah

Postby Coolabah » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:10 pm

jules21 wrote:
jcjordan wrote:I have seen very few groups do much more than the than the last bit.
i agree with you. the notion of cycling advocacy groups calling on other road users to consider cyclists when on the road is tiresome - it's easily dismissed.
....AAAARRRGGGGHHHH !!!!!! but yet this is the most vital point of all... we ALL need to be aware of other road users. I especially hope that some day motorists will at least think a fleeting half thought before mowing me down then feeling all touchy-feely-good about themselves because AGF and themselves decided I wasn't behaving well enough according to their random standards.... should have remembered that bow-tie methinks..... As a cyclist , should I tire of the concept of not running over young children on pedestrian crossings ? Oh , not at all , lets appeal to the reasonable side of people by calling on those recalcitrant toddlers to behave themselves....
jcjordan wrote: but appealing to the reasonable side of people, by calling also for cyclists to behave, is constructive. a lot of advocates get sucked into the fortress mentality - "i'll never betray one of my own!" the motorcycle lobby is a classic example of this, and their resulting lack of credibility.
Well, I would challenge you on every single one of your (unsubstantiated) arguments there ...Calling on cyclists to behave further promotes the premise that "NO cyclists behave " ... Excuse me ? I behave. Pretty much every cyclist I see behaves . Pure rubbish. You should be ashamed :(

LM324

Postby LM324 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:15 pm

jcjordan wrote:
I dont see that they have lost there way. I see them doing exactly what I want them to do.

You need to do all three. Just wining about how cyclists are down trodden does no one any good.

I wouldn't think that representing all cyclists as crazy bulls or clueless helmet less riders would promote cycling or promote the message of road sharing.

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:20 pm

Edit: Actually I do have an agenda. It's quite clearly on display from us at SCA.
If we can reach half a million people directly (them actually being required to stare at our stuff) on an almost zero dollar budget, the organisation that runs on a seven figure sum needs to justify to us all what their generous government funding is getting us. IMO nothing of worth. Their self proclaimed one stop shop status for all things cycling safety better start to prove that it is. After all, they've pulled the wool over the eyes of the general population, the Wade Wallaces of this world, half the elite Aussie peloton's and the press' eyes. They pay to grab headlines and promote themselves, but that's it. What is the attraction and what is the nett result? They grab the attention of 100-200 of the most curious via the social media, while we hit 140,000 total reach at the same time.
Hell, anyone can put their hand up to be put onto CARRS Q's mailing list. We have.
Maybe the difference between them and us is that we don't worry about stepping on the TAC's, Vicroads' and RACV's toes from time to time. When you have an obligation to your followers like I do, you don't allow others to influence your views or modify your agenda.
As has been said here and many other places lately, Amy would be disgusted the AGF has become so limp wrists that cyclists have become the only target audience for everything they do.
Our end result? We share info quite happy with the QPS, the RACQ and other very non cycle centric organisations without dumbing ourselves down and we do it rather nicely thanks.
Last edited by The 2nd Womble on Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:22 pm

Philipthelam wrote:
jcjordan wrote:

I wouldn't think that representing all cyclists as crazy bulls or clueless helmet less riders would promote cycling or promote the message of road sharing.
Agreed.

I understand what they're trying to do but while they are purporting to promote the rights of cyclists who will die in a collision with a vehicle that receives a slight dent in the duco due to the in attention of the driver I have no sympathy for their current strategy. Obviously some disagree but it'll take a hell of a lot to sway my opinion.

Marketing 101 unbelievably massive fail!!!

Cheers, Simon
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:22 pm

The 2nd Womble wrote:

Actually I do have an agenda. It's quite clearly on display from us at SCA.
If we can reach half a million people directly (them actually being required to stare at our stuff) on an almost zero dollar budget, the organisation that runs on a seven figure sum needs to justify to us all what their generous government funding is getting us. IMO nothing of worth. The one stop shop for all things cycling safety better start to prove that it is. After all, they've pulled the wool over Wade Wallaces and half the eellike Aussie peloton a and the presses eyes. What is the attraction and what is the nett result?
+1

Cheers, Simon

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:28 pm

jcjordan wrote:

So where are they when Duncan Gay is trotting out his anti-cycling rubbish? I'm a considerate cyclist who does follow the rules. I don't like AGFs initiatives making me out to be a law-breaker, and giving motorists the excuse to run me down because they reckon some other cyclists are not considerate.

They don't represent my views at all. I'd prefer no advocacy for cycling at all in place of this kind of advocacy. Yes, appeal to the better senses of motorists by calling all cyclists law breakers. Yes, a great load of good that will achieve.

Advocacy efforts of another noted organisation (also represented here and replied above) might be considered aggressive, or even militant, but I'll prefer that over appeasement thank you very much.

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:38 pm

Coolabah wrote:
jules21 wrote:
i agree with you. the notion of cycling advocacy groups calling on other road users to consider cyclists when on the road is tiresome - it's easily dismissed.
....AAAARRRGGGGHHHH !!!!!! but yet this is the most vital point of all... we ALL need to be aware of other road users. I especially hope that some day motorists will at least think a fleeting half thought before mowing me down then feeling all touchy-feely-good about themselves because AGF and themselves decided I wasn't behaving well enough according to their random standards.... should have remembered that bow-tie methinks..... As a cyclist , should I tire of the concept of not running over young children on pedestrian crossings ? Oh , not at all , lets appeal to the reasonable side of people by calling on those recalcitrant toddlers to behave themselves....
jcjordan wrote: but appealing to the reasonable side of people, by calling also for cyclists to behave, is constructive. a lot of advocates get sucked into the fortress mentality - "i'll never betray one of my own!" the motorcycle lobby is a classic example of this, and their resulting lack of credibility.
Well, I would challenge you on every single one of your (unsubstantiated) arguments there ...Calling on cyclists to behave further promotes the premise that "NO cyclists behave " ... Excuse me ? I behave. Pretty much every cyclist I see behaves . Pure rubbish. You should be ashamed :(
Based on that we have no need to tell cars to behave because the majority of them do so as well.
James

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:41 pm

g-boaf wrote:
jcjordan wrote:

So where are they when Duncan Gay is trotting out his anti-cycling rubbish? I'm a considerate cyclist who does follow the rules. I don't like AGFs initiatives making me out to be a law-breaker, and giving motorists the excuse to run me down because they reckon some other cyclists are not considerate.

They don't represent my views at all. I'd prefer no advocacy for cycling at all in place of this kind of advocacy. Yes, appeal to the better senses of motorists by calling all cyclists law breakers. Yes, a great load of good that will achieve.

Advocacy efforts of another noted organisation (also represented here and replied above) might be considered aggressive, or even militant, but I'll prefer that over appeasement thank you very much.
They have never called all cyclists law breakers.

As forvthe more militant groups all I have ever seen them achieve is making more drivers hate cyclists
James

Coolabah

Postby Coolabah » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:49 pm

jcjordan wrote: Based on that we have no need to tell cars to behave because the majority of them do so as well.
Yes , in my experience , most do . But then , I am not mindlessly supporting a campaign stating otherwise....

human909

Postby human909 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:05 pm

Ok, lets go through AGF's "Ride Rules".

Ride Rule No. 1 - Road rules - Stop on Red
Who is this talking to? Cyclists who ride through reds aren't going to be influenced by such condescending ads. All does is preach to the converted including motorists who see cyclists as rule breakers.

Ride Rule No. 2 - Bunch Riding - Ride Two Abreast
Why does this matter? Is having three abreast that common or that bad?

Ride Rule No. 3 - Mutual Respect - Share the Road
The picture suggests the opposite. I wonder what people will remember?

Ride Rule No. 4 - Ride Predictably - Hold Your Line
Do cyclists need to be told this? Again this is telling motorists that cyclists are at fault in collisions.

Ride Rule No. 5 - Be Alert - Look. Anticipate. Respond
Do cyclists need to be told this?

Ride Rule No. 6 - Be Visible - Use your lights
Do cyclists need to be told this? Again this is telling motorists that cyclists are at fault in collisions.

Ride Rule No. 7 - Maintain Equipment - Wear An Approved Helmet
I love how we in Australia promote that cycling is dangerous. :roll:

Ride Rule No. 8 - Health First - Fuel Prevents Fatigue
Say What? I really don't get this one.

Ride Rule No. 9 - Identify Yourself - Always Carry ID
Nor this one. Are we again promoting that cycling is dangerous?

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:19 pm

Sorry but my wife and I were in the middle of dinner with friends. I have elaborated further on this in the edit.

Edit: Actually I do have an agenda. It's quite clearly on display from us at SCA.
If we can reach half a million people directly (them actually being required to stare at our stuff) on an almost zero dollar budget, the organisation that runs on a seven figure sum needs to justify to us all what their generous government funding is getting us. IMO nothing of worth. Their self proclaimed one stop shop status for all things cycling safety better start to prove that it is. After all, they've pulled the wool over the eyes of the general population, the Wade Wallaces of this world, half the elite Aussie peloton's and the press' eyes. They pay to grab headlines and promote themselves, but that's it. What is the attraction and what is the nett result? They grab the attention of 100-200 of the most curious via the social media, while we hit 140,000 total reach at the same time.
Hell, anyone can put their hand up to be put onto CARRS Q's mailing list. We have.
Maybe the difference between them and us is that we don't worry about stepping on the TAC's, Vicroads' and RACV's toes from time to time. When you have an obligation to your followers like I do, you don't allow others to influence your views or modify your agenda.
As has been said here and many other places lately, Amy would be disgusted the AGF has become so limp wrists that cyclists have become the only target audience for everything they do.
Our end result? We share info quite happy with the QPS, the RACQ and other very non cycle centric organisations without dumbing ourselves down and we do it rather nicely thanks.

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:23 pm

@jcjordan, you must understand where you've gone wrong, like everyone else who falls for the AGF's spin. The AGF was never founded with the intention of promoting cycling to the masses. The AGF was established with the sole intention of lobbying the powers that be (not promoting at all) for safer cycling for those who already rode. Now they're more or less a sister company to BV.
And good on you for implying that I or we are militant for ensuring brisbane was the first city in Australia to introduce internationally standardised Share The Road signage, in addition to seeing its State government recommending that motorists always give us at least a metre when overtaking and something the AGF themselves never managed, introducing Australia's (at that time) most effective hi-vis cycling apparel that got the message out on the road where it needs to be, and for a raft of other anti-social actions which you obviously have no idea of. Your perspective is over in the far corner and waiting for your arrival.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:54 pm

The 2nd Womble wrote:As has been said here and many other places lately, Amy would be disgusted the AGF has become so limp wrists that cyclists have become the only target audience for everything they do.
the AGF was co-founded by Amy Gillett's late husband. i'm assuming you never met Amy (correct me here), but yet are purporting to speak on her behalf. you come across as someone who desperately thinks he deserves to be leading the public cycling debate, which in itself is fine, but your willingness to relentlessly target other cycling advocates (principally the AGF) strikes me as sheer jealousy. i don't care what you think of the AGF, if you want to be taken seriously, tell me what you think.

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:02 pm

jules21 wrote:
The 2nd Womble wrote:As has been said here and many other places lately, Amy would be disgusted the AGF has become so limp wrists that cyclists have become the only target audience for everything they do.
the AGF was co-founded by Amy Gillett's late husband. i'm assuming you never met Amy (correct me here), but yet are purporting to speak on her behalf. you come across as someone who desperately thinks he deserves to be leading the public cycling debate, which in itself is fine, but your willingness to relentlessly target other cycling advocates (principally the AGF) strikes me as sheer jealousy. i don't care what you think of the AGF, if you want to be taken seriously, tell me what you think.
Never spoke to Amy, but I've spoken to her mother Mary. She is very appreciative and supportive of everything we've done and has in fact thanked me personally for it. And again, thanks for choosing to single me out because of my largely shared view.
Need I again point out that we don't envy the AGF's position one bit? I don't want the AGF to speak over the top of myself or my organisation and expect everyone to consider it a shared view. The AGF knows this but does it anyway. Then we have to go through the very public process of ensuring everyone knows we have nothing to do with them at all. I consider your perception of envy to be absolutely laughable.
Maybe this will help to clarify.

en·vy (nv)
n. pl. en·vies
a. A feeling of discontent and resentment aroused by and in conjunction with desire for the possessions or qualities of another.
b. The object of such feeling: Their new pool made them the envy of their neighbors.
2. Obsolete Malevolence.
tr.v. en·vied, en·vy·ing, en·vies
1. To feel envy toward.
2. To regard with envy.
[Middle English envie, from Old French, from Latin invidia, from invidus, envious, from invidre, to look at with envy : in-, in, on; see en-1 + vidre, to see; see weid- in Indo-European roots. V., from Middle English envien, from Old French envier, from Latin invidre.]
envi·er n.
envy·ing·ly adv.
Synonyms: envy, begrudge, covet
These verbs mean to feel resentful or painful desire for another's advantages or possessions. Envy, the most general, combines discontent, resentment, and desire: "When I peruse the conquered fame of heroes and the victories of mighty generals, I do not envy the generals" (Walt Whitman).
Begrudge stresses ill will and reluctance to acknowledge another's right or claim: Why begrudge him his success?
Covet stresses a secret or culpable longing for something to which one has no right: "We hate no people and covet no people's lands" (Wendell L. Willkie)

Now Expectation:

ex·pec·ta·tion (kspk-tshn)
n.
a. The act of expecting.
b. Eager anticipation: eyes shining with expectation.
2. The state of being expected.
a. Something expected: a result that did not live up to expectations.
b. expectations Prospects, especially of success or gain.
4. Statistics
a. The expected value of a random variable.
b. The mean of a random variable.
expec·tation·al adj.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

expectation [ˌɛkspɛkˈteɪʃən]
n
1. the act or state of expecting or the state of being expected
2. (usually plural) something looked forward to, whether feared or hoped for we have great expectations for his future their worst expectations
3. an attitude of expectancy or hope; anticipation to regard something with expectation
4. (Mathematics & Measurements / Statistics) Statistics another term for expected value
expectative [ɪkˈspɛktətɪv] adj
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

Don't insult my intelligence Jules. I'm playing the ball, not the man. The AGF's incompetence affects everything that we and every other group does, and it consistently puts pressure on us. Yup, we get pissed off about it but we do manage to work around that and get our job done, you on the other hand simply need a cuddle.
Next.
Last edited by The 2nd Womble on Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:22 pm

Is there anyone else who doesn't expect more btw, or is it still just me?

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:35 pm

human909 wrote:Ok, lets go through AGF's "Ride Rules".

Ride Rule No. 1 - Road rules - Stop on Red
Who is this talking to? Cyclists who ride through reds aren't going to be influenced by such condescending ads. All does is preach to the converted including motorists who see cyclists as rule breakers.

Ride Rule No. 2 - Bunch Riding - Ride Two Abreast
Why does this matter? Is having three abreast that common or that bad?

Ride Rule No. 3 - Mutual Respect - Share the Road
The picture suggests the opposite. I wonder what people will remember?

Ride Rule No. 4 - Ride Predictably - Hold Your Line

Ride Rule No. 5 - Be Alert - Look. Anticipate. Respond
Do cyclists need to be told this?

Ride Rule No. 6 - Be Visible - Use your lights

Ride Rule No. 7 - Maintain Equipment - Wear An Approved Helmet
I love how we in Australia promote that cycling is dangerous. :roll:

Ride Rule No. 8 - Health First - Fuel Prevents Fatigue
WT?? I really don't get this one.

Ride Rule No. 9 - Identify Yourself - Always Carry ID
Nor this one. Are we again promoting that cycling is dangerous?
Rule 1
Ok so what you are saying is that only strick enforcement of laws can change behavior, thats rubbish. No you wont change everone who runs reds but the more thatbits seen as a incorrect behaviour the more likely that new riders will not start bad habits. current rider can be exposed to peer pressure and changes in view which could also changes in behavior. This is the objective of a education campaign.

Rule 2
This is a reminder of a legal requirements. Its also something that pisses drivers off more then anything else when rider block roads by riding three plus across the road. Reminding riders of simple edicate is part of sharing the road. Like the meter matters partbof the campaign.

Rule 3
A little more respect from elements of the cycling community would certainly help. One of the problems that I see all the time on the roads is all users need to show a bit of respect.

Rule 4
Riders jumping on and of the sidewalk, turning without indicating are all actions I see every day. Along with lots of dumb stuff from drivers. This part of the campaign is aimed at cyclists, I have seen similar directed to drivers, to do there bit.

Rule 5
Yes they do, as do most road users. We are vulnerable and do need to take responsibility for our saftey. Ok its a bit of CDF but the amount of people who go through there day on auto pilot or get distracted always surprises me. Commonwealth Ave bridge is a great example.

Rule 6
Again this is a CDF but the number of riders who dont have adequate lights, riding in dark clothing during dawn and dusk. I have seen similar campaigns for drivers on the freeways. I dont see this as anything more than doing our part on the road. Drivers get locked in their cocoons and loose visibility. Why make it harder then we need to. Even motorcycle riders accept this.

Rule 7
Whats wrong with reminding people to look after their equipment. to quote Twizzel real cyclist dont have squeaky chains. I always make a wide bearth around bikes I dont think are well maintained. Generally they have poor breaks. As for helmets they are supporting the current laws. I am not going to get into this debate here

Rule 8
Ok a bit off the topic I will grant you. But as they are trying to get new riders in the game snd this is something that gets forgotten.

Rule 9
As I said before I see the benefit of carring ID
James

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:03 pm

A truly all encompassing campaign wouldn't depict any particular road user group at all, rather it would simply show people like you and I, doing anything we'd normally do during the course of our day. Something that shows the construction worker being a construction worker, a stay at home mum or dad being just that, a Melbourne Stars cricketer being abwaxed/hairigged/veneered/orange moron. Then simply say what you need to say to appeal to their neighbours/workmates/brogan fans so they realise that you never know who's life you're putting at risk, or who it is that doesn't want to scratch your Mercedes.
Are we going to get this out first or will someone beat us to it (expectant sarcasm)?

jules21

Postby jules21 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:32 pm

The 2nd Womble wrote: Need I again point out that we don't envy the AGF's position one bit? I don't want the AGF to speak over the top of myself or my organisation and expect everyone to consider it a shared view. The AGF knows this but does it anyway. Then we have to go through the very public process of ensuring everyone knows we have nothing to do with them at all.
in all honesty, i doubt anyone considers AGF's stated views as "shared" with yours, as i doubt many people have heard of you at all. it's going to stay that way if you focus on the AGF, rather than promoting cycling causes.
The 2nd Womble wrote:Don't insult my intelligence Jules. I'm playing the ball, not the man. The AGF's incompetence affects everything that we and every other group does, and it consistently puts pressure on us. Yup, we get pissed off about it but we do manage to work around that and get our job done, you on the other hand simply need a cuddle.
you are so playing the man. i don't really care that much about what AGF says - i'd like to think they were doing a good job, and i'd like to think the same of everyone else, including you. you're not playing for sheep stations. you really need to get over yourself a bit. i'd love to pay tribute to your hard work in promoting cycling causes, but when i read your continual obsession with the AGF, it's obvious you're just engaged in faux factional warfare, rather than trying to genuinely advance cyclists' position.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:47 pm

Hello - it is your friendly admin here just ensuring that the tone of this thread remains postive. These means closing up on this disagreement which is too personal and returning to the validity of the poster campaign.
Cycling is in my BNA

human909

Postby human909 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:20 am

JCjordan, I suppose if you are happy with the 'rules' then you are welcome to contribute to AGF. :D Personally I see AGF as detrimental to growing cycling in our community. Getting more people cycling is the very best way to improve safety.
jcjordan wrote:to quote Twizzel real cyclist dont have squeaky chains.
Sounds like elitism to me. This sort of attitude has no place in cycling advocacy.