Bike Gallery

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby jasonc » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:20 am

ldrcycles wrote:My head hurts :)

+1
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 6419
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

by BNA » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:10 pm

BNA
 

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby HLC » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:10 pm

Image
User avatar
HLC
 
Posts: 656
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:23 pm
Location: Sydney.

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:47 pm

I like it. Ever turn up do a group ride with it? haha
Image
User avatar
Lukeyboy
 
Posts: 2448
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby seddo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:18 pm

HLC wrote:Image

Gold :D :D :D
Image
seddo
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:58 pm
Location: ACT

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby sdnelson19 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:18 pm

Oscar proudly displaying his new wheels. Cheers to Greg Ryan (twe) for some very impressive work.
yep, taken with phone camera with horrible sharp backlighting throwing shadows all over the background, battery hanging from top tube, saddle bag on and cranks and valve stems disregarding the rules; but i don't really care.

Image
Image
sdnelson19
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:45 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby HLC » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:18 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:I like it. Ever turn up do a group ride with it? haha


I have a group ride tonight, or informal race on sunday where I hope to debut it. In full Rapha/Sidi's too ha ha
User avatar
HLC
 
Posts: 656
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:23 pm
Location: Sydney.

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby rheicel » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:13 pm

HLC wrote:
Lukeyboy wrote:I like it. Ever turn up do a group ride with it? haha


I have a group ride tonight, or informal race on sunday where I hope to debut it. In full Rapha/Sidi's too ha ha

Make sure you will not forget to share us the group ride picture, lol.
Image
User avatar
rheicel
 
Posts: 1461
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:01 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:12 pm

Haha. I'd love to see footage from a gopro attached under the handle bars. Nice close up of cassettes and rear derailleurs :P
Image
User avatar
Lukeyboy
 
Posts: 2448
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby rheicel » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:45 am

Here is mine with stem slammed!Image


Rheicel
Image
User avatar
rheicel
 
Posts: 1461
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:01 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby ducatiss750 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:18 pm

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a62 ... 4697ed.jpg


My pride and joy 2012 Giant tcr advance
ducatiss750
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 9:15 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Dan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:57 pm

ducatiss750 wrote:Image


My pride and joy 2012 Giant tcr advance


even better now.
User avatar
Dan
 
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:32 pm
Location: Vegas, baby

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Dan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:59 pm

HLC wrote:Image


Ampelmann ist Toll!
User avatar
Dan
 
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:32 pm
Location: Vegas, baby

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby rheicel » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:01 pm

ducatiss750 wrote:Image


My pride and joy 2012 Giant tcr advance

Looks great!... very red!
Image
User avatar
rheicel
 
Posts: 1461
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:01 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby adamr » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:32 pm

My 'old' Malvern Star Oppy A5 purchased as my first road bike (since high school a long time ago, anyway) in November 2011. At first, I upgraded a few things, then I stripped it to use parts to build my 'new bike', then I reconstituted the A5 using the original parts after upgraditis on the new bike go the better of me. This is basically the same as when I bought it, except for black Fizik tape instead of the crappy red faux-cork on their originally.

The other thing is that these bars were originally installed wrong. The LBS (I assume) set them up with the section between the tops and the hoods flat. That made the reach enormous, and the drops unusable as they were almost vertical. At the time, I didn't know any better, and thought I needed to replace the bars. This way is much better.

The stem is deliberately in the high position as I plan to use this as a semi-regular commuter and having the tops high is comfy, but the hoods and the drops are still consistent with my main bike. I might get some cross levers to finish it off.

Image
adamr
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby adamr » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:39 pm

This is my 'new' main bike. My first carbon bike. Self-built from a Hongfu carbon FM066SL frame. Light and quick. This taught me everything I know about building bikes. (Not everything, by any stretch, but more than enough to avoid the need to take my bike to the LBS for ordinary servicing.)

Image
adamr
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby jasonc » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:12 pm

adamr wrote:This is my 'new' main bike. My first carbon bike. Self-built from a Hongfu carbon FM066SL frame. Light and quick. This taught me everything I know about building bikes. (Not everything, by any stretch, but more than enough to avoid the need to take my bike to the LBS for ordinary servicing.)

Image


what the hell is that? is that "chain man" in the background?
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 6419
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby adamr » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:19 pm

'Mike Turtur Bikeway' in Adelaide runs along the tram lines to Glenelg. Today was the first time I had ridden it and was amazed to see, not just chain main, but a whole family of chain people, and a chain dog. There are a bunch of them, both free standing and attached to a fence a bit further along. I thought it would be an interesting backdrop for my bike.
adamr
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby jasonc » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:56 pm

adamr wrote:'Mike Turtur Bikeway' in Adelaide runs along the tram lines to Glenelg. Today was the first time I had ridden it and was amazed to see, not just chain main, but a whole family of chain people, and a chain dog. There are a bunch of them, both free standing and attached to a fence a bit further along. I thought it would be an interesting backdrop for my bike.


agreed. great backdrop. Will have to bring my bike down for a photo with it. Actually, can we call concur that all Adelaide members shall have their photo taken with one of the chain family?
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 6419
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Mugglechops » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:00 pm

Looks like he is making off with your bike :D
User avatar
Mugglechops
 
Posts: 2388
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:51 pm
Location: Shoalhaven

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby adamr » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:45 pm

Mugglechops wrote:Looks like he is making off with your bike :D

I know! I actually took a photo on the other side first, but it didn't look right with him heading the opposite direction to the bike.
adamr
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby 15wilsonwu » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:04 pm

Here's an update to my bike.

Image
I love riding, not training
User avatar
15wilsonwu
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 9:31 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby rheicel » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:37 pm

15wilsonwu wrote:Image

Nice
Image
User avatar
rheicel
 
Posts: 1461
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:01 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby boss » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:07 am

jasonc wrote:
adamr wrote:'Mike Turtur Bikeway' in Adelaide runs along the tram lines to Glenelg. Today was the first time I had ridden it and was amazed to see, not just chain main, but a whole family of chain people, and a chain dog. There are a bunch of them, both free standing and attached to a fence a bit further along. I thought it would be an interesting backdrop for my bike.


agreed. great backdrop. Will have to bring my bike down for a photo with it. Actually, can we call concur that all Adelaide members shall have their photo taken with one of the chain family?


I'll try get one this week. Never ridden that bikeway, surprised to hear there are cool chainmen, chainwomen and chaindogs along it!
boss
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Dan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:16 am

15wilsonwu wrote:Here's an update to my bike.

Image


How are your wheels going Wilson?
User avatar
Dan
 
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:32 pm
Location: Vegas, baby

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby Drasius » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:24 pm

My toy for after work while overseas.

Image
Drasius
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:29 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: davidk, Google [Bot], jadecu, Yahoo [Bot]



Popular Bike Shops
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Ebay Ebay AU
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers
> BNA Cycling Kit