Wives – pssst new secret information…. Shhhh

twizzle

Re: Wives – pssst new secret information…. Shhhh

Postby twizzle » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:33 pm

Hey zep - how'd you build that table? It's awesome!
I ride, therefore I am. But don't ride into harm's way.
...real cyclists don't have squeaky chains...

ZepinAtor

Postby ZepinAtor » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:41 pm

twizzle wrote:Hey zep - how'd you build that table? It's awesome!

Things you'll need,

A slab of tree, 4 legs, 1 big ring, 2 smaller cogs,1 chain, high gloss lacquer, 2 part resin mix & a very understanding Wife (in keeping with the theme of the thread)

Cut slab to desired shape & attach legs. Then take a very large router & go rank trenching out said chain & rings. Sit in amazement as the dust settles then very quickly get the vacuum & clean the entire lounge room (oops, next time take it outside). Place chain & rings in trenches & pour 2 part resin over the top until it dribbles down the big hole in the middle all over the carpet.

Show very understanding Wife your amazing talent which should distract her from the coating of red hardwood dust over the entire house & resin on the carpet :D
Gas propulsion.......it's natural don't fight it.

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:21 pm

After that story I am so glad you did not have to deal with the reaction of my beloved when I put grease on the carpet when I did some tire swapping inside.

I will not make that mistake again. ;)
James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:20 pm

ZepinAtor wrote:

Things you'll need,

A slab of tree, 4 legs, 1 big ring, 2 smaller cogs,1 chain, high gloss lacquer, 2 part resin mix & a very understanding Wife (in keeping with the theme of the thread)

Cut slab to desired shape & attach legs. Then take a very large router & go rank trenching out said chain & rings. Sit in amazement as the dust settles then very quickly get the vacuum & clean the entire lounge room (oops, next time take it outside). Place chain & rings in trenches & pour 2 part resin over the top until it dribbles down the big hole in the middle all over the carpet.

Show very understanding Wife your amazing talent which should distract her from the coating of red hardwood dust over the entire house & resin on the carpet :D
Now I'm a paaaarblic servant instead of a contractor, I will at some point have holidays... and that is going to be my project. :) Minus the dust and resin issues.

wombatK

Postby wombatK » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:28 pm

twizzle wrote:How about we keep this thread for discussion of zep's house and not give ft any more grief.

Or someone can go and create a new thread discussing relative merits of relationships.
Zep's post and the follow up's to it are at best marginally relevant to the OP's topic and at
worse have become a thread hijack.

Regardless of what merits Zep's decorative effects have, it's clear there is none of the conflict
raised by the OP.

If anything is giving FT grief about this thread, surely he is big enough to ask for it to be locked.
If he hasn't suggested that anything offensive has been said, why censor the topic ?

Maybe it is the interloper's discussion that should be spun off into a thread with a more
appropriate title that would give it better exposure to people with similar interests.
WombatK

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:45 pm

'cause I was trying to be SUBTLE and not just tell everyone to "!! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !!" and bugger off. Everything that could be said has already been said - further discussion is not helping.

FFS, I have aspergers and yet I had no trouble keeping my mouth shut. :evil:

Sent from my iThingy...

ZepinAtor

Postby ZepinAtor » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:39 pm

wombatK wrote: Zep's post and the follow up's to it are at best marginally relevant to the OP's topic and at
worse have become a thread hijack.
Totally unintentional :oops:

It just panned out that way & is a clear opposite of the OP's situation. I really do feel for FT's attempts to keep the peace in his household & shows great respect for his partners wishes.

Good on him I say for sharing his methods of minimising his hobbies effects on his family even though it does seem very extreme to the majority of us here.

I have a friend with a similar dilemma here in Brisbane with a very demanding Wife. His solution to lessen the impact of his "obsession" is to ride from 4am to 8am then spend the remainder of the day with his young daughter & Wife. He has a strict regime of chores/allowable ride time/expenditure & free time. The rest is dedicated to "cuddle time" (his words not mine) & shopping time. I'd strangle her & be out the door in a flash, but hey who am I to pass judgment on his choices ? He has a daughter, a loving Wife & a regimented life :?
Gas propulsion.......it's natural don't fight it.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Wed May 01, 2013 5:05 am

twizzle wrote:
ZepinAtor wrote:

Things you'll need,

Now I'm a paaaarblic servant instead of a contractor, I will at some point have holidays... and that is going to be my project. :) Minus the dust and resin issues.
But you wont get that same look on the other half's face or reaction. :lol: Mind you; you will probably have less bruises. :mrgreen:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Wed May 01, 2013 9:07 pm

Not riding for any period in excess of a few days would now be quite distressing to me. Not to mention that it would require me to eat considerably less which I would find difficult.

I certainly do not get any encouragement from my kids or my lady. I seems that my riding is seen as excessive and gets in the way of family obligations. Also that it is a little weird. However with time and habit I have achieved an implied right to do a lot of riding. There is an unstated acceptance that I get to dedicate a day each weekend for a really long ride if I so choose - which on most weekends I do.

As I will be retiring in the near future and both my lovely lady and I expect to be travelling a fair bit, I need to establish similar acceptance for when we are away from home. Last year I spent several weeks in Mauritius and recently a week in Adelaide. Despite some discouragement each time the unicycle went with us. Initially I had a similar responses for the couple of months next year in Europe. But that has moved on from definitely negative to working a way through the practicalities of doing so. Progress. :D

I am intending to ride the unicycle as I do now - regularly and for extended times and distances - until I am physically unable to do so. Hopefully that will be for another decade or so.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle