Sunday rides

Sunday rides

Postby Aramis7 » Sun May 05, 2013 2:25 pm

Hi all. My usual club has sunday rides but they mostly do hills. Those are generally longer rides so im back by 10:30 the earliest. This is increasingly difficult to sustain with the family starting to complain about this
Im keen to ride on sundays but im looking for something like a 40-50 km ride starting @630-700 so i can be back by 9ish
Does anyone know of such sunday rides around the Maylands area? Happy to travel 10km if there is anything nearby...

Thanks
Aramis7
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:05 am

by BNA » Mon May 06, 2013 2:32 pm

BNA
 

Re: Sunday rides

Postby jaseyjase » Mon May 06, 2013 2:32 pm

do you need a group?

just do a river loop, that should be about the distance you want.
User avatar
jaseyjase
 
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Sunday rides

Postby Sweeper59 » Mon May 06, 2013 3:02 pm

Why not ride with them for an hour, then peel off and ride home your own? I've done that plenty of times when I'm limited for time on a Sunday morning. There's been a few times when I've taken the lead and forced the pace or pushed hard up a hill before turning off and saying 'good-bye' to the pack. You gotta leave them something to remember you by!
Giant TCR 0
Nobody looks back on their life....and remembers the nights they got plenty of sleep !!
User avatar
Sweeper59
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:37 pm
Location: Port Macquarie NSW

Re: Sunday rides

Postby Aramis7 » Mon May 06, 2013 8:24 pm

jaseyjase wrote:do you need a group?

just do a river loop, that should be about the distance you want.


Yeah, I do that...but a group would be better...more fun as well.

thx
Aramis7
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Sunday rides

Postby Aramis7 » Mon May 06, 2013 8:25 pm

Sweeper59 wrote:Why not ride with them for an hour, then peel off and ride home your own? I've done that plenty of times when I'm limited for time on a Sunday morning. There's been a few times when I've taken the lead and forced the pace or pushed hard up a hill before turning off and saying 'good-bye' to the pack. You gotta leave them something to remember you by!


Yeah, that could be an option as well. thx
Aramis7
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Sunday rides

Postby Killswitch » Wed May 08, 2013 1:15 am

We do, usually about that time. Pm me your details and ill give you the heads up for when we do.
User avatar
Killswitch
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:21 pm
Location: WA - Beechboro

Re: Sunday rides

Postby Rex » Thu May 09, 2013 12:19 pm

There is Papa's that depart Gino Cafe in Fremantle at 6:30 on sundays.
Ave speed 35ish
Rex
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:12 am
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Sunday rides

Postby Bakks » Thu May 09, 2013 1:12 pm

Rex - what is the route for the Sunday Papa's? Does the Saturday Papa's leave from the same place and time, with similar pace?
Bakks
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: Sunday rides

Postby Rex » Thu May 09, 2013 1:21 pm

Yes same place & time. Route is near identical except one turns off Point Preston Rd to Pt Walter and the other goes straight through to Canning Hwy.
Public Holiday Papa's rides skip Dalkeith but go up Kings Park then around Reabold Hill.

Same pace - quick.
Rex
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:12 am
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Sunday rides

Postby Aramis7 » Mon May 13, 2013 12:02 am

Killswitch wrote:We do, usually about that time. Pm me your details and ill give you the heads up for when we do.


Hey, sorry just read this. Thanks....whereabouts are you (area)?
Aramis7
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Sunday rides

Postby Killswitch » Mon May 13, 2013 12:48 am

Aramis7 wrote:
Killswitch wrote:We do, usually about that time. Pm me your details and ill give you the heads up for when we do.


Hey, sorry just read this. Thanks....whereabouts are you (area)?

No probs.

In the Beechboro area, head down the midland psp to start our Sunday rides.
User avatar
Killswitch
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:21 pm
Location: WA - Beechboro


Return to Western Australia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Tandem



Support BNA
Click for online shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Cycling Express Cycling Express
Ebay Ebay AU
ProBikeKit ProBikeKit UK
Evans Cycles Evans Cycles UK
JensonUSA Jenson USA
JensonUSA Competitive Cyclist