Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

CELL Bikes

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby CELL Bikes » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:08 pm

tubby74 wrote:I design software systems for warehousing (including some of your suppliers) so can appreciate the effort that goes into planning around the promotions and holidays. was still pleasantly surprised by this.
It's our goal to always raise the bar and pleasantly surprise people. It's much better than 'bitterly disappointing' !

Thanks to everyone here for giving constructive feedback that lets us know what we need to do and what needs to be fixed!
-website mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.this link is broken/contact-us

Panz05

Postby Panz05 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:30 pm

Bad experience with Cycling Express

I ordered a bike from Cycling Express and the lack of communication has been very frustrating. I ordered the bike on the 8th of April and I made a mistake and ordered the wrong size. Once I go this sorted out, I either got my emails ignored or got promised that the bike was being shipped on the 22nd to have to ring to find out that it had not shipped on the 22nd but it was shipped on the 24th.

The bike was not delivered today as promised, so I rang Toll and they cant seem to find the bike in their warehouse.

It just frustrates me that Cycling Express make their business from selling online and simple things like communication fall through the cracks and then Toll Ipec not being able to find the item. Its what Toll do. They delivery stuff, how can things get lost?

For Toll's and Cycling Expresses sake, the bike better be delivered on Monday in pristine condition and everything working 100% or the bike is going back and I will ask for a refund.

I will be looking elsewhere for my online purchases in the future.

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:34 pm

I can't believe people still use CE
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

rebilda

Postby rebilda » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:25 am

Mmmm.....

I have long been an advocate for CE, but I have to admit, my last experience (and probably the the 1 or 2 before that) have been dissapointing. They seem to take a long time to ship and email communication???? forget it!!

I havent ordered anything online for a few months now as a result.

Cell, on the other hand, have always been awesome!
My Garage = Restored Paino - the "Fixie" - Giant Trance X2 - Azzurri Forza Pro Di2 - GT Avalanche 1 & 2

Mickzo

Postby Mickzo » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:46 am

I've bought quite a few things online lately. had fantastic service from Cell, Wiggle and I've evn had pretty good service from Ribble & Bikebug.

I'll never order online from cycling express again. Their online shop is very bad, no contact to say part I ordered is not in stock (even though at time of order it was in stock). Called them after 3 days to be told its not in stock. I had to cancel the order & I'm still waiting on a refund was told would be credited to my card 3weeks ago. It's a small amount $17 so I've cut my loss and stopped trying to get it back.

sminns

Postby sminns » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:41 am

rebilda wrote:Mmmm.....

Cell, on the other hand, have always been awesome!
+1 from me

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:44 am

Mickzo wrote:I've bought quite a few things online lately. had fantastic service from Cell, Wiggle and I've evn had pretty good service from Ribble & Bikebug.

I'll never order online from cycling express again. Their online shop is very bad, no contact to say part I ordered is not in stock (even though at time of order it was in stock). Called them after 3 days to be told its not in stock. I had to cancel the order & I'm still waiting on a refund was told would be credited to my card 3weeks ago. It's a small amount $17 so I've cut my loss and stopped trying to get it back.
Hi Mickzo, sorry to hear about your experience with another bike shop, however thank you for shopping with us.

I'll tell you what, send me an email (mark@this link is broken) and I'll organise a $20 voucher for you, to help ease the pain of your $17 dollar loss, I know what it's like to be left in a lurch and left hanging. Although their customer service should be doing this, I'm more than happy to show and prove to you that we really do care about the people who keep us in business!

-website mgr Mark

}SkOrPn--7

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:04 pm

CELL Bikes wrote:
Mickzo wrote:I've bought quite a few things online lately. had fantastic service from Cell, Wiggle and I've evn had pretty good service from Ribble & Bikebug.

Hi Mickzo, sorry to hear about your experience with another bike shop, however thank you for shopping with us.

I'll tell you what, send me an email (mark@this link is broken) and I'll organise a $20 voucher for you, to help ease the pain of your $17 dollar loss, I know what it's like to be left in a lurch and left hanging. Although their customer service should be doing this, I'm more than happy to show and prove to you that we really do care about the people who keep us in business!

-website mgr Mark
Now that right there is what it's all about a gesture of kindness and something you shouldn't even have to do and that's why I don't even give that other shop the time of the day there a complete failure in my opinion nothing has been fixed that I have raised.

Cell Bikes A++++++ WELL DONE an honest company with ethics

Ricky

boss

Postby boss » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:39 am

boss wrote:
boss wrote:
boss wrote:What's going on with Royal Mail?

I had a couple of c r c orders take upwards of 10 days, right now I'm at 14 days since dispatch for a Ribble order.
Very weird situation for me.

Both orders from ribble:

Ordered a vest/jacket/shoecoevers on 28/3, despatched 30/3 - 14 days, no sight of the parcel as yet.

Ordered a different vest and some cleats on 30/3, despatched 1/4 - arrived just then (after my post above).

:?:
Now 20 days out from dispatch (21 if you include the day of dispatch) and no sign of my parcel.

I contacted Ribble 13/4 and they said to wait to 20 days, so e-mail sent today asking where to from here.

It would seem that something's gone wrong in transit, I am hoping they come to the party.
They've still got me out in the cold, changed the original '20 days' to '20 business days'. Which means if it doesn't arrive tomorrow, then I can make a song and dance and they'll listen/watch.

The most frustrating part is that they are still telling me that I can expect delivery by tomorrow at the latest - as if it is actually going to turn up.

I know none of this is ribble's fault, but ehhhhhhhhhh. They could be a bit more pragmatic given they sent me two parcels, two days apart, the first parcel ain't here and the second parcel arrived 13/4.

Mickzo

Postby Mickzo » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:42 am

CELL Bikes wrote:

-website mgr Mark
Hi Mark,
Thank you so much for the offer, you're too kind and that is superb service and kindness.

Regards,
Michael

vinski

Postby vinski » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:33 pm

Good experience with Cell.

I noticed that a product was cheaper on another site so emailed Cell to see if they would price match. Got back a reply saying that their price has been reduced to match the other online store. Unfortunately, i didnt get the reply in time to take advantage of the free shipping during Anzac Day so i emailed them again asking if they would give me free shipping on the product only (it was under their free shipping amount) and sure enough, no problems. Just ordered the product and Cell will remove the shipping fee.

Great customer service. Well done Cell.

Cheers
Vinh

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:39 pm

Mark - hurry up and get PayPal authorised!!!
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:52 pm

MarkG wrote:Mark - hurry up and get PayPal authorised!!!
We're soooo close mate! When it finally launches, send me an email and I'll organise free shipping for you (and others) for being so patient!

-website mgr Mark

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:54 pm

vinski wrote:Good experience with Cell.

I noticed that a product was cheaper on another site so emailed Cell to see if they would price match. Got back a reply saying that their price has been reduced to match the other online store. Unfortunately, i didnt get the reply in time to take advantage of the free shipping during Anzac Day so i emailed them again asking if they would give me free shipping on the product only (it was under their free shipping amount) and sure enough, no problems. Just ordered the product and Cell will remove the shipping fee.

Great customer service. Well done Cell.

Cheers
Vinh
Hi Vinh, as long as you've confirmed the Free Shipping with someone, and they've manually processed your order, then yes, no worries. Let me know how you go.
-website mgr Mark

vinski

Postby vinski » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:44 pm

Hi Mark

I had confirmation that the shipping fee has been removed - thanks for following up though.

Another example of the great customer service!

One question though - i hear how alot of others on BNA get their orders delivered within 1-2 days, any idea why it takes 5-7 days to get to Perth? Not a big deal, was just wondering.

Cheers
Vinh

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:44 pm

vinski wrote:Hi Mark

I had confirmation that the shipping fee has been removed - thanks for following up though.

Another example of the great customer service!

One question though - i hear how alot of others on BNA get their orders delivered within 1-2 days, any idea why it takes 5-7 days to get to Perth? Not a big deal, was just wondering.

Cheers
Vinh
Hi Vinh, most of our customers are from Sydney and Melbourne, a bit closer than Perth. 5-7 days is a bit long, you can get stuff from Wiggle that fast. Let me see what we can do, I'll discuss this at our snr mgr meeting.
-website mgr Mark

Jayman

Postby Jayman » Wed May 01, 2013 10:30 pm

i love cell bikes.... im in Perth got my bike lights super quick .... i can now ride 24 seven...love the specials great deals thank you ....

vinski

Postby vinski » Thu May 02, 2013 5:00 pm

Hi Mark

Just received my goods which was purchased on ANZAC day. Its actually been the fastest delivery so far.

Just for the record, i would consider 5 business days to be pretty damn quick. Just jealous that its not as quick as the Syd/Melb but i guess thats what i get for living in the world's most isolated capital city!

Cheers

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Thu May 02, 2013 6:15 pm

vinski wrote:Hi Mark

Just received my goods which was purchased on ANZAC day. Its actually been the fastest delivery so far.

Just for the record, i would consider 5 business days to be pretty damn quick. Just jealous that its not as quick as the Syd/Melb but i guess thats what i get for living in the world's most isolated capital city!

Cheers
What some call 'isolated', others might call 'free from traffic, careless drivers and more room to ride!' haha. Thanks for the feedback, I'm here for anyone who needs help or has a question.

-website mgr Mark

Bobbybobson

Postby Bobbybobson » Thu May 02, 2013 8:33 pm

ha, Perth free from careless drivers and more room to ride.
You're dreaming.

Jayman

Postby Jayman » Thu May 02, 2013 9:48 pm

MarkG wrote:Mark - hurry up and get PayPal authorised!!!

yes i love to pay with pay pal .... sooner the better

jbanh

Postby jbanh » Mon May 06, 2013 10:38 am

I purchased some Conti GPs and other little bits on sale from Wiggle and it came within 11 days. Very happy with the price and service provided

fidjit

Postby fidjit » Mon May 06, 2013 11:03 am

First order from Evans, found a discount voucher, got the free freight for over 50 pounds. Just over one week shipping to Tas. Very happy :)

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Wed May 08, 2013 9:37 pm

I have been using ProBikeKit, Wiggle and Chain Reaction with no problems for years but with all the feedback on Cell thought that I would give them a try.
I specifically went for Cell because I needed a new tail light as my current one died and thought that as they had one that I was interested in I would wear the extra cost for a quick delivery, boy was I wrong.

I put the order in late (outside of business hours) on the 30th and it was dispatched on the 2nd of May, good effort on Cell's end.

This is when my heart sank, Cell use CourierPlease for deliveries. I have used these Muppets before and have had nothing but bad experiences.
So when no delivery was made by midday thought I would give them a call. As I would not be at work after 2:30pm and that they could not guarantee delivery before then I would call Monday morning (why I don't know but that was what they said I had to do) to confirm that they could try again.

So called up to arrange the delivery and stayed at work till 5:30pm on Monday and no delivery. Called them up and they said that they would make sure it came on the Tuesday.
Tuesday comes and when I check the tracking website it says that they came at 8:12am. Great so they came to a business before it would reasonably open. Turns out one of the admin staff wason site at 7:50am and confirmed not one had come to the building or left a card. Called up CourierPlease and get told that they could not know it was a business because Cell had not put that on the docket. Were we are in Canberra you only have embassies and business so this did not sit well with me. Add to this there are only 3 entrances to establishments on a main street. So another promise to deliver the next day.

So come Wednesday morning and I check the tracking site again. Low and behold it now has a delivery attempt 8:40am when 5 people were onsite including myself and no one saw a truck or a card.

Called up again, demanded to know what was going on and a call from a manager to explain what their problem was. No call but the package arrived around 1pm with some lame excuse from the driver that the regular guy was sick.

So could have just ordered from one of the usual o/s guys, got in in the same amount of time and saved myself $30.

Sorry Cell but until you get rid of these idiots or start using express post bags I wont be back.
James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 pm

The Canberra branch of Couriers Please are a complete joke. My last order from Cell ended up with me spending an hour in their depot with the manager trying to find my parcel. They didn't leave a card for me yet the website said delivery attempted twice and item was in depot. Not one driver said he had been to my street let along suburb on the days it said it was delivered. Eventually found it but wasted a lot of my time. I simply will not buy from anyone that uses them now. Looked like a very poorly run business.
Current Ride: Trek Madone 6.5 (2013)