Popular Bike Shops
Join the Cycling Forums on Strava
Australian Cycling Forums on Strava
Latest Reviews and Articles
Will your next bike be Intelligent? ABS and Smart Bike Tech
Vitus Vitesse EVO Disc Review – Speed Machine indeed!
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 3:30 pm
Have been looking at a Giant Boulder 3 and was wondering whether a mountain bike is a good idea for a teenager.
Looking at the BMX type range they are to small and the giant boulder seems to offer more in terms long term usability and for longer rides.
Just wondering what the best route is and whether a mountain bike is suited or a road bike.
The road bikes just don't seem to be suited but that's a personal fell.
Most riding is done on the pavement but a fair bit of dirt tracks, rough roads, grass etc as well.
Any ideas appreciated!
- Posts: 114
- Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:44 am
- Location: Sutherland Shire, NSW
My wife has a Boulder 2 and I've had a go on it. It's comfortable, well put-together and great value.
Don't forget to take them for a test ride and have them measured up properly.
- open roader
- Posts: 3179
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:05 pm
- Location: Dueling Banjo Country, Otway fringes, Victoria
Giant make a strong line of solid, reliable and excellent value for money MTB's. I can attest to this having purchased 2 in the past 5 years.
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General Cycling Discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Malvern Star
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users