Bike Shops and Racing Clubs near Deloraine?

thecaptn

Bike Shops and Racing Clubs near Deloraine?

Postby thecaptn » Thu May 09, 2013 8:59 pm

Hi All,
Can any one please tell me where the closest bike shops are to Deloraine? Also are there any good cycling clubs nearby? I would like to know if there's much in the way of local rides around.
Thanks,
Pete

master6

Re: Bike Shops and Racing Clubs near Deloraine?

Postby master6 » Sat May 11, 2013 7:23 am

Captn, everything in Tasmania is close to Deloraine.

How many excellent bike shops, good cycling clubs, or magnificent rides can one person want?

You are about to discover Australias best kept secret :D :D

thecaptn

Postby thecaptn » Sat May 11, 2013 9:51 am

master6 wrote:Captn, everything in Tasmania is close to Deloraine.

How many excellent bike shops, good cycling clubs, or magnificent rides can one person want?

Ha! Good point :lol:
KenGS and I spent 4 days there last month at the end of our Tassie tour. We were going to stop for a day and then keep going but we liked it so much we stayed till the last day. Awesome place for riding, even better than here. Wifey and I are heading down in july to look at houses 8)

RonK

Postby RonK » Sat May 11, 2013 10:27 am

thecaptn wrote:
master6 wrote:Captn, everything in Tasmania is close to Deloraine.

Ha! Good point :lol:
KenGS and I spent 4 days there last month at the end of our Tassie tour. We were going to stop for a day and then keep going but we liked it so much we stayed till the last day. Awesome place for riding, even better than here. Wifey and I are heading down in july to look at houses 8)
Some nice houses for sale at Westbury too - might be worth a look.
Plenty of good bike shops in Launnie and not far by car or bike. Quite a club scene too.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Sat May 11, 2013 10:43 am

I love Deloraine. Beautiful place. Westbury is nice too. Actually all that region is magnificent.

Bob_TAS

Postby Bob_TAS » Sat May 11, 2013 10:55 am

The Campbell Town - Deloraine - Launceston Triangle is indeed a beautiful region for riding. Have even been tempted to move back north but work has me brazed to my desk these days.

Dizzie

Postby Dizzie » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:09 pm

Bicycle Tasmania has just updated its directory of bike shops and bike hire companies. Check it out at:
http://www.biketas.org.au/work-with-oth ... Hire-Shops" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Di

Releng

Postby Releng » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:25 pm

The northern vets race out of Launceston with most of the races held on the country roads out towards Deloraine. they race Sunday mornings and are a well run, friendly club. A through to G grades, so something for everyone.
Launceston has some great bike shops with all of the major brands represented, I do not know of any shops out at Deloraine. I helped out some cycling tourists stranded out there with a broken chain one weekend.
some great cycling country with Richie Porte and the Sulzbergers from out that way.

thecaptn

Postby thecaptn » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:21 pm

Releng wrote:The northern vets race out of Launceston with most of the races held on the country roads out towards Deloraine. they race Sunday mornings and are a well run, friendly club. A through to G grades, so something for everyone.
Launceston has some great bike shops with all of the major brands represented, I do not know of any shops out at Deloraine. I helped out some cycling tourists stranded out there with a broken chain one weekend.
some great cycling country with Richie Porte and the Sulzbergers from out that way.
No bike shops in Deloraine, not many cyclists either I don't think. I like the sound of The Northern Vets so will check them out. We'll be over for a week soon to look at houses :D