It couldnt last forever..weather

gretaboy

It couldnt last forever..weather

Postby gretaboy » Mon May 20, 2013 3:09 pm

Just read an article saying that the wet weather is about to hit..after this Tuesday supposedly. I have been loving the clear skies of late, been making the mornings cold but I have realised I much prefer the cold dry weather to the wet cold weather.

The change in weather will see who is dedicated and who isnt I guess. Not that it matters much on my ride, I am usually lucky to see one other rider going my way in either morning or afternoon.

MattyK

Re: It couldnt last forever..weather

Postby MattyK » Mon May 20, 2013 10:26 pm

Already been cold down in Melbourne for a couple of weeks. Can't wait for my wiggle order to turn up with some roubaix tights in it...

Ropecharmer

Postby Ropecharmer » Mon May 20, 2013 11:28 pm

The Winter rig for the road bike this year includes Crud muddies http://www.this link is broken.au/crud-roadracer ... guard-set/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can be cold or wet, but not both ;-)
The bicycle is the solution to some of the world's most complicated problems.

isabella24

Postby isabella24 » Tue May 21, 2013 6:06 am

MattyK wrote:Already been cold down in Melbourne for a couple of weeks. Can't wait for my wiggle order to turn up with some roubaix tights in it...
And I can't wait for my Evans order to turn up with my winter gloves in it! My fingers are freezing!
80s Ken Evans / 2011 Trek Madone / 2013 Vivente World Randonneur / 2015 Lynskey Helix

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Tue May 21, 2013 8:55 am

Yep...got all that..the mudguards, the long fingered gloves, the booty covers, the tights and compression/thermal tops

I am just a big sook...just not looking forward to getting wet...really hate putting damp coldish clothes on in the arvo before riding home. If they are dry and I then go out into the rain, not an issue, just that initial feeling when putting on damp/wet clothes from the morning ride is one I dont relish.

rkelsen

Postby rkelsen » Tue May 21, 2013 11:23 am

MattyK wrote:Already been cold down in Melbourne for a couple of weeks.
You're kidding, aren't you? :lol: Haven't got the thermals out yet!

Part of the reason I love winter is that so many people wimp out. I get the entire path to myself!

grimbo

Postby grimbo » Tue May 21, 2013 12:38 pm

I just love that feeling of starting out cold and getting to work warm but not (very) sweaty. I feel buzzed all morning until work grinds it out of me.
"If I can bicycle, I bicycle" ~David Attenborough

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Tue May 21, 2013 8:19 pm

Got my campagnolo skylab jacket the other day. -10 to 5 degrees. :) Havent tried it yet, but I'm all ready for winter now. Got the Roubaix bib longs already and toasty gloves. The chromoplastics came in the same order.
Dogs are the best people :wink: