Sydney Flower Bike Girl

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sydney Flower Bike Girl

Postby AUbicycles » Tue May 21, 2013 8:06 pm

Spotted this afternoon heading south on the pacific hwy towards the city. A colourful character, her bike had panniers with flowers hanging out. It was pure happiness, didn't feel that it was appropriate to honk the horn in my (gasp) car. I wonder if she is a regular commuter or touring.
Cycling is in my BNA

ILMB

Re: Sydney Flower Bike Girl

Postby ILMB » Wed May 22, 2013 3:47 pm

May have been me? Only I'm not a "girl" anymore....
I did a shop in Crows Nest and yes, bought flowers.
Panniers full of lovely grub and flowers in front basket and hanging off the back rack.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Wed May 22, 2013 4:10 pm

AUbicycles wrote:Spotted this afternoon heading south on the pacific hwy towards the city. A colourful character, her bike had panniers with flowers hanging out. It was pure happiness, didn't feel that it was appropriate to honk the horn in my (gasp) car. I wonder if she is a regular commuter or touring.
Proably Kerry. You can find her on Sydney Cyclist. I see her heading up the hwy early in the morning.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Fri May 24, 2013 11:46 am

One of the things I love about cycling in Sydney is the very few degrees of separation between riders.

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Fri May 24, 2013 12:34 pm

There is a similar lady in Melbourne I've seen a few times. Makes me smile. :)

RomanTheCube

Postby RomanTheCube » Fri May 24, 2013 1:29 pm

I've seen this woman as well I think. Asian lady?

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Fri May 24, 2013 2:00 pm

'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

PeppeX

Postby PeppeX » Tue May 28, 2013 11:51 pm

I've seen someone with a bubble machine hooked onto the back of the bike. Bubbles everywhere when you ride behind, looks amazing on a bright sunny day

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:01 pm

:)
Go Kerry!
Cycling is in my BNA

rdp_au

Postby rdp_au » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:24 am

Saw her, or someone who fits that description this morning just after 7 oclock. I was waiting at the lights at the Kissing Point Rd and Pacific Highway junction in Turramurra and she cruised past on the highway heading north. Kudos to her for offering a different perspective amid the fast moving commuter traffic and dour, dark clad pedestrians.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:29 pm

rdp_au wrote:Saw her, or someone who fits that description this morning just after 7 oclock. I was waiting at the lights at the Kissing Point Rd and Pacific Highway junction in Turramurra and she cruised past on the highway heading north. Kudos to her for offering a different perspective amid the fast moving commuter traffic and dour, dark clad pedestrians.
I saw her this morning at Lane Cove a little after 6:30am. She rides to Hornsby and usually stops at Gordon along the way. She was in fluro yellow today, with rainbow leggings. She'd be making awesome time to be in Turramurra at 7am, but it could have been her!

rdp_au

Postby rdp_au » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:20 am

queequeg wrote:
rdp_au wrote:Saw her, or someone who fits that description this morning just after 7 oclock. I was waiting at the lights at the Kissing Point Rd and Pacific Highway junction in Turramurra and she cruised past on the highway heading north. Kudos to her for offering a different perspective amid the fast moving commuter traffic and dour, dark clad pedestrians.
I saw her this morning at Lane Cove a little after 6:30am. She rides to Hornsby and usually stops at Gordon along the way. She was in fluro yellow today, with rainbow leggings. She'd be making awesome time to be in Turramurra at 7am, but it could have been her!
Your description certainly fits the lady I saw. Checked my ride on Garmin Connect, I was waiting at Turramurra around 7:10 for a couple of minutes, so while she looked relaxed and to be cruising, she was indeed not hanging around :)

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:10 am

Haven't seen Kerry in quite some time. Is she still in the inner west?
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?