Moron Motorists #3

jasonc

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby jasonc » Thu May 23, 2013 2:42 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:Sigh. Another day. Another useless dimwitted driver. And for what I said in the video my brain was still thinking about what I saw seconds before at that same intersection when a car did the good ol left hook to a cyclist coming the other way. Also added a clip of a P plater that amused the hell out of me for some reason :P
please report the first one

westab

Postby westab » Thu May 23, 2013 2:47 pm

I just found out another reason some motorist hate cyclists.

I just had to transfer the rego on a used car at the RTA in NSW (for mrs westab). It took the lady from the RTA 40min. to not find the address of the lease company even after phoning them three times. The address they were giving her was not in the RTA system (and the old address was no longer correct) so rather than correcting PO box number she asked them to submitt a form and they would look to change it. It would take approx 6 weeks (to change 4 number in a PO box).

Cyclist don't have to deal with this - no wonder they hate us :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
Not fast, no style, but still get there.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Thu May 23, 2013 2:54 pm

westab wrote:I just had to transfer the rego on a used car at the RTA in NSW (for mrs westab). It took the lady from the RTA 40min. to not find the address of the lease company even after phoning them three times. The address they were giving her was not in the RTA system (and the old address was no longer correct) so rather than correcting PO box number she asked them to submitt a form and they would look to change it. It would take approx 6 weeks (to change 4 number in a PO box).
lol.. those people are there for 8 hours a day, regardless of how efficiently they sort out people's issues. they basically can't lose their jobs. what would you do? :)

KonaCommuter

Postby KonaCommuter » Thu May 23, 2013 3:03 pm

jules21 wrote:
westab wrote:I just had to transfer the rego on a used car at the RTA in NSW (for mrs westab). It took the lady from the RTA 40min. to not find the address of the lease company even after phoning them three times. The address they were giving her was not in the RTA system (and the old address was no longer correct) so rather than correcting PO box number she asked them to submitt a form and they would look to change it. It would take approx 6 weeks (to change 4 number in a PO box).
lol.. those people are there for 8 hours a day, regardless of how efficiently they sort out people's issues. they basically can't lose their jobs. what would you do? :)

The reward for efficient and hard work in those sort of places is more work. The goal of working in those sort of places is to secure a position where there is no "customer" contact.
2012 Oppy A4

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Thu May 23, 2013 3:29 pm

KonaCommuter wrote:
jules21 wrote:
The reward for efficient and hard work in those sort of places is more work.
Correct. Been there, done that. Work efficiently and you will get more work than you can handle. Slack off and be "overloaded" all the time and you will be left alone.
<removed by request>

KonaCommuter

Postby KonaCommuter » Fri May 24, 2013 5:17 am

Ozkaban wrote:
KonaCommuter wrote:Lol - I think I almost got slapped by an angry motorist at the smoko shop.

She was getting all worked up at the congestion in the area lately. I started laughing and when she demanded what was so xxxx funny I just pointed at my bike. Very angry lady
Well that brightened my day! Thank you :mrgreen:

It gets better

Saw her again this morning

Apparently

* she hates cyclists BUT only the ones that ride on large groups on Saturdays, and the ones that slow her down
* she loved my cameras and I probably need them because of all the idiots on the road
* hates congestion
* leaves for work 1.45hrs early to avoid congestion
* I'm probably a good cyclist (hugging gutter = good)
* cyclists should have insurance. Was gob smacked that I did have insurance.
* did I mention that she hates large groups of cyclists on Saturdays? I'm guessing the fact that she told me this four times means that she doesn't like large groups of cyclists on Saturdays lol
2012 Oppy A4

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Fri May 24, 2013 6:18 am

Did you reiterate that cyclists are entitled to a lane and are legally a vehicle kona?
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

arkle

Postby arkle » Fri May 24, 2013 6:26 am

skull wrote:
arkle wrote:
bychosis wrote:
Probably not necessary, there have already been consequences and there is enough hate out there in 'net land already. Sufficient to post the story for others to learn from.

Facebook and twitter are obviously used well by the stupid, we see plenty of similar stories.
She's removed her facebook account now.

arkle
Probably told to for legal reasons. Just in case the plod dig up more dirt.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
Interview with our friend Emma Way on BBC Norfolk.

http://youtu.be/qOrdIgbj--Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

arkle
http://www.facebook.com/SteveHargreavesArtwork
instagram: @stevehargreavesartwork

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Fri May 24, 2013 6:41 am

Where's the 'shakes head in disgust' smiley?
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri May 24, 2013 8:26 am

arkle wrote:
Interview with our friend Emma Way on BBC Norfolk.

arkle
Hmmm, I feel sorry for her now....

:lol:

Shred931

Postby Shred931 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:56 am

I love the part where over priced Solicitor recalls what Emma has said all along, "Actually my driving wasn't at fault, it was the cyclist that clipped my mirror not the otherway around".

Edit - I found these articles describing each version.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-22602141" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-22636230" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ross

Postby Ross » Fri May 24, 2013 9:28 am

#bloodycyclist t-shirts are available already!

http://www.cafepress.co.uk/mf/78560890/ ... ist_tshirt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ross

Postby Ross » Fri May 24, 2013 9:33 am

She has apparently been suspended from her job.

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/dri ... _1_2206571" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri May 24, 2013 10:01 am

Ross wrote:#bloodycyclist t-shirts are available already!

http://www.cafepress.co.uk/mf/78560890/ ... ist_tshirt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
about to click the order button...

skull

Postby skull » Fri May 24, 2013 10:20 am

Ross wrote:She has apparently been suspended from her job.

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/dri ... _1_2206571" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Going off the other thread (where ever it ended up), I would say she is going to try and plea the cyclist was in the wrong.

She is boned, deleting the comments and closing accounts doesn't make it go away.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Fri May 24, 2013 10:58 am

What gives me the irrites is that she seems to think that sending a tweet was "her biggest mistake" - no hitting a cyclist and then driving off was the big mistake. Tweeting about it merely confirms that she doesn't give a rats, as demonstrated by her interview - haven't I suffered, all because I hit a cyclist, who is barely human and it was all his fault because he shouldn't be on the road at all.
Anything you can do, I can do slower

arkle

Postby arkle » Fri May 24, 2013 11:20 am

find_bruce wrote:What gives me the irrites is that she seems to think that sending a tweet was "her biggest mistake" - no hitting a cyclist and then driving off was the big mistake. Tweeting about it merely confirms that she doesn't give a rats, as demonstrated by her interview - haven't I suffered, all because I hit a cyclist, who is barely human and it was all his fault because he shouldn't be on the road at all.
I know, like if she hadn't made the silly mistake of tweeting about it, everything would be ok.

arkle
http://www.facebook.com/SteveHargreavesArtwork
instagram: @stevehargreavesartwork

Laidlaym

Postby Laidlaym » Fri May 24, 2013 12:00 pm

arkle wrote:Interview with our friend Emma Way on BBC Norfolk.

arkle
Surely if she was in the right she would have spoken to the other party to demand compensation for the damage to her car. A very soft interview.

Mark

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri May 24, 2013 1:27 pm

Motorists sure do know how to wreck your ride. Doing the reverse river loop and some numpty in her big BMW 4WD almost tbones me coming out of a side street not far from Dutton Park. Then she got angry because I kept pointing at my eyes and the direction I was coming from. "But I already said sorry". Yeah, sorry really does alot when I'm on the front of your bonnet or under the front wheels. Just utterly and completely useless! I was on the aero bike so no camera was mounted. Might have to bring back the chest mount for that bike.

Mylotian

Postby Mylotian » Fri May 24, 2013 2:26 pm

Recently riding in a small group along Sth West Hway, WA Saturday morning between Byford and Armadale, the group doesn't like riding on main roads because of idiot drivers however the only vehicle that got to close was a bus.

The biggest problem with bikes is that roads are not designed to cater for bicycles. The biggest problem with bicycle paths is I get more flats on them than on the road.

Maybe with the obesity stats showing that 1 in 3 adults in Aust is obese we will get more people onto the roads cycling.

KonaCommuter

Postby KonaCommuter » Fri May 24, 2013 4:23 pm

Mylotian wrote:
Maybe with the obesity stats showing that 1 in 3 adults in Aust is obese we will get more people onto the roads cycling.

I saw a comedy sketch that had a magazine titled "Skinny B**** 2023" with an obese woman in a bikini on the cover. It's funny because it probably really is from the future. I'm assuming that we have time travel in 2023 :?
2012 Oppy A4

KonaCommuter

Postby KonaCommuter » Fri May 24, 2013 4:28 pm

Ross wrote:She has apparently been suspended from her job.

LOL 1:24

She actually said "I don't have a negative attitude towards cyclists. I cycle well myself".
2012 Oppy A4

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Fri May 24, 2013 4:55 pm

Laidlaym wrote:
arkle wrote:Interview with our friend Emma Way on BBC Norfolk.

arkle
Surely if she was in the right she would have spoken to the other party to demand compensation for the damage to her car. A very soft interview.

Mark
The main game will start when the CPS brings charges. I'd prefer soft interviews at this point, myself. More chance she'll admit even more stupid stuff. I'd prefer that she not be forewarned about the issues the prosecution will bring up.

The good news is she's already sunk herself on the principal charge, failing to stop after a collision, courtesy of that soft interview.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Fri May 24, 2013 5:38 pm

Credibility fail. Bringing the lawyer in to kick her under the table when she started to deviate from the script didn't help.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Fri May 24, 2013 6:11 pm

Yep - the "he was still up when I last saw him" defence doesn't wash with her twitter admission "Definitely knocked a cyclist off his bike earlier".

Like the me saying goes better to keep quiet & be thought an idiot than open your mouth & prove it
Anything you can do, I can do slower