Unconfirmed: Cyclist hit in Cottesloe, dies 2 weeks later

Red Rider

Unconfirmed: Cyclist hit in Cottesloe, dies 2 weeks later

Postby Red Rider » Mon May 27, 2013 12:18 pm

I couldn't see anything on here about this incident.
Through word of mouth on the weekend I heard that a 62yo man on a bicycle collided with a car 2 weeks ago. It was apparently at a round-about in Cottesloe (Perth). He was admitted to ICU but was eventually discharged, I don't know his recorded health at this point. Sometime thereafter he died, again I'm unsure if this was the result of his injuries and if it was unexpected at the time.

Posting this in the hope someone might know or have ways to confirm this. Thanks

darkhorse75

Re: Unconfirmed: Cyclist hit in Cottesloe, dies 2 weeks late

Postby darkhorse75 » Mon May 27, 2013 12:47 pm

There was a story in Saturday's West Australian about this, his name was Roger Hill, owner of several wineries down south. Apparently died from complications due to chest injuries suffered in May 12 crash. story here http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/region ... -accident/

Pravda

Postby Pravda » Mon May 27, 2013 1:45 pm

Another story on the West website about it. It mentions a gold BMW, can't be many of them about. I note it says collided with a car. Sounds like they're not sure what happened, but given he was discharged from hospital I would have thought they'd have time to get a statement from him.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/wa ... ist-death/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2014 Canyon Aerode SLX
Puegeot Aneto 105
Kona Jake the Snake CX

Red Rider

Postby Red Rider » Mon May 27, 2013 8:17 pm

What a tragedy. Juniper is a highly respected winery, he has left a lasting legacy.