European holiday, getting my hands on a bike while there?

Pravda

European holiday, getting my hands on a bike while there?

Postby Pravda » Wed May 29, 2013 2:04 pm

Hi guys,
Hoping someone might be able to provide a little advice here. I'm heading to Europe in July, Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Hungary, Czech Republic and maybe a couple of others in between.
I'm going for a month and while it's not a cycling holiday I was wondering if anyone has had any experience getting their hands on a rental or loan roadie for a day or two hear and there to get out and about in Europe. I know a lot of countries, Denmark and Germany in particular have bike share schemes but I'm more interested in borrowing a roadie and getting out of town for a proper ride.
On top of that, if I should take my own kit over with me, plus shoes and pedals etc. Probably looking at having a few days free around the place and it'd be great to do a bit of riding on European roads.
Cheers,
Ben
2014 Canyon Aerode SLX
Puegeot Aneto 105
Kona Jake the Snake CX

rogergurr

Re: European holiday, getting my hands on a bike while there

Postby rogergurr » Wed May 29, 2013 10:06 pm

As an alternative to save time & disappointment if the type of bike you want to rent is not available, why not find the closest Decathlon store http://www.decathlon.com/ (they're all over EU)), buy a reasonable quality bike, fit your own pedals, ride it wherever/whenever/however you like, then cardboard box it up & bring it home (buy under $A1,000 & keep the receipt to prove it). Their own-brand B-Twin bikes are good value, and the stores have an amazing range of accessories ...

Pravda

Re: European holiday, getting my hands on a bike while there

Postby Pravda » Thu May 30, 2013 4:10 pm

Mmmm its a good idea but unfortunately the budget wont stretch that far.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
2014 Canyon Aerode SLX
Puegeot Aneto 105
Kona Jake the Snake CX