Perth rides lately

elStado

Re: Perth rides lately

Postby elStado » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:40 pm

I see so much rubbish on the foreshore next to the Kwinana PSP just before the Narrows bridge, a lot of it bobbing around in the water. Empty drink bottles, wrappers, tangled fishing line etc. What's wrong with people? Is it really so hard to take your rubbish home and put it securely in the bin? I live close by so I am going to walk down there soon and pick it all up. Every time I go to City Beach / Floreat for a surf I pick up an armload of discarded plastic bags, drink bottles etc that is scattered everywhere even though theres three amble rubbish bins only 20m away. It's disgusting how often I have plucked out a bit of plastic floating around in the water. Makes you worry where it all ends up.
Check out my practical cycling and cycle touring website: VELOPHILE AUSTRALIA

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:12 pm

bet you guys were happy to be riding in this morning!

traffic was shockin because of that burst main on wellington

johnny99

Postby johnny99 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:57 pm

1st time on the bike after 6 weeks on holiday and boy am I feeling it. The only comfort is that it was a sensational morning for a 40km ride with a couple of mates through the Swan Valley. Went through Guildford then Great Northern Hwy,up Oakover to Campersic and cut back down Haddrill to the Hwy before heading home.
Got to make the most of this glorious weather. Quite a few others out in the same area this morning as well.

higdawg

Postby higdawg » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:09 pm

are there any rides around the rockingham area that have some decent climbing in them?
given how extremely flat this area is I have been on the lookout for somewhere that I could get to on my bike to do a bit more climbing.

Redbull

Postby Redbull » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:37 pm

We ride fairly regularly up Nettleton Rd (from Byford) or Kingsbury Drive which both will take you into Jarrahdale. Usually do it in a loop. Around 120kms off the top of my head from Rockingham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass

higdawg

Postby higdawg » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:42 am

Redbull wrote:We ride fairly regularly up Nettleton Rd (from Byford) or Kingsbury Drive which both will take you into Jarrahdale. Usually do it in a loop. Around 120kms off the top of my head from Rockingham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks for that mate. looks pretty good out that way on a map.
will give it a go.

nickobec

Postby nickobec » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:58 am

Kingsbury drive is not for the faint hearted a couple of kms at 8%+ average, once you get over that it a nice undulating ride to Jarrahdale

sambo3

Postby sambo3 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:49 am

Interested in taking a ride down there also.
I Would drive down to either Byford or Jarrahadale and do a round trip taking in Nettleford and Kingsbury.

If going from Byford through Jarrahdale down Kingsbury and back to Byford I would like to avoid the SW Hwy back to Byford and would rather ride a loop than retrace my tracks.
How is Hardey/Hall rd like to ride on? Is their a better back road way back to Byford or should I go the other way around?
Any other climbs there worth adding. I would like to keep the ride between 120km - $150km.
Happy to climb.

cheers
Sambo

just4tehhalibut

Postby just4tehhalibut » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:26 pm

You want to get from Karnet Hill back to Byford?
The backroads after Kingsbury Drive that gets used for Audax rides are Fisher, Hall, at Serpentine pop across the rail line to Richardson Rd (becomes Wright), takes you to Mundijong where you pop back over the rails to take Paterson Rd which becomes Soldiers Rd and heads into Byford itself. A little flatter route than the South West Hwy and a whole lot less traffic. Good bitumen.