Wiggins out of 2013 Tour de France

biker jk

Re: Wiggins out of 2013 Tour de France

Postby biker jk » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:25 pm

clackers wrote:
I don't think for a moment that citizenship matters to that pragmatic team.

Froome is simply a better rider than Porte!
Really, Team Sky doesn't care about citizenship? So they would allow Porte to be team leader? Of course, you skirt around the reality of who funds the team and where their market is located.

clackers

Postby clackers » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:37 am

Yes, you're overstating your case for the effects of lottery funding.

Porte has already led them at Paris-Nice and the Basque. They didn't promote some hack British rider simply to satisfy the British taxpayer, who already understands from soccer that you welcome internationals.

By the same merit basis, I would see no conspiracy in Froome rather than him at next year's Giro.

You wouldn't need to look at their passports for an explanation, just their wattage numbers.

Walsh95

Postby Walsh95 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:11 pm

biker jk wrote:
clackers wrote:
????

Froome is also a colonial.
Froome is a British citizen. Porte is Australian.

Mate, I can guarantee you that a team owned by the Murdoch family really does not give a damn about the nationality of their lead rider. Sky are riding Wiggins and Froome over Porte for one reason, he's not as good. The fact is, touting the racism card in an attempt to make up for lack of talent on part of RP is just too much. He may one day win a grand tour, but he will never beat Contador, Evans, Rodriguez, Valverde and others, in a Grand Tour all at once, even with super-domestiques Froome or Wiggins, he just does not have the endurance, acceleration or climbing ability, at least ATM.

The fact is, Froome is the best man for the job, and in my mind, will always surpass Richie as a choice for a Grand Tour leader, not because of his heritage, but his ability

vander

Postby vander » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:14 pm

I wouldnt be surprised if Porte podiumed this year even working for Froome, you clearly havent been keeping up with his results this year, they have been fantastic. You are underrating him a lot.

Walsh95

Postby Walsh95 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:23 pm

I'm not denying he is a good rider, but he will not win the tour, and people saying that sky choose their riders based on not even race but citizenship (???????) frankly need to grow up

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:35 pm

vander wrote:I wouldnt be surprised if Porte podiumed this year even working for Froome, you clearly havent been keeping up with his results this year, they have been fantastic. You are underrating him a lot.
Yes I agree. When Porte lead Sky at Paris-Nice he was victorious. However, while Froome has done well as leader he also lost to Nibali in Tirreno-Adriatico. I also suspect that Froome is more likely to get popped for doping even though that Bilharzia blood borne disease makes the biological passport next to impossible to implement with Froome. Perhaps a new test for EPO/blood doping?

KL.

Postby KL. » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:55 pm

Howzat wrote:Sir Bradley, asked to ride in support of a commoner from the dominions? Preposterous! ...
Hey Howzat, Wiggins is actually have Aussie (Father's side) but ... :)