Traffic levels in Sydney

rdp_au

Traffic levels in Sydney

Postby rdp_au » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:11 am

Has anyone noticed a sustained increase in traffic levels on their commutes? I've been commuting from Hornsby to Homebush for quite a while now using a route which includes a short run down the Pacific Highway from Wahroonga to Turramurra. I hit this section around 7 every morning and the traffic has always been light, making it quick and safe. Not so, recently. For the last few months, it has been bumper to bumper almost the whole way. I wonder where all these people are coming from - are they all getting up earlier because of daylight saving, or is it due to a general increase in traffic?

It's been so consistent, I'm contemplating going back to my original back street route, which used to be slower.

familyguy

Re: Traffic levels in Sydney

Postby familyguy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:30 am

rdp_au wrote:Has anyone noticed a sustained increase in traffic levels on their commutes? I've been commuting from Hornsby to Homebush for quite a while now using a route which includes a short run down the Pacific Highway from Wahroonga to Turramurra. I hit this section around 7 every morning and the traffic has always been light, making it quick and safe. Not so, recently. For the last few months, it has been bumper to bumper almost the whole way. I wonder where all these people are coming from - are they all getting up earlier because of daylight saving, or is it due to a general increase in traffic?

It's been so consistent, I'm contemplating going back to my original back street route, which used to be slower.
I find a definite increase in traffic as it cools, due to not wanting to stand at a bus stop/train station for ten minutes waiting. And when it rains, people pile into their cars for the same reasons. Also as people get sick and still catch buses and trains, some tend to flock away from PT as well.

Some or all of these might have had an impact on your commute?

Jim