Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

MichaelB

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby MichaelB » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:04 am

(AT) rebilda, speaking of Avid caliper kits - I recently discovered Petra Cycles in the UK that had a great range of these parts with great shipping (GBP 4) and great customer service.

For the same thing from any other store (most US based, the shipping varied between USD$35 - USD$85 !!!!!!

Petra Cycles was the only non US based store that had the parts and would ship to Aus.

rebilda

Postby rebilda » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:20 am

MichaelB wrote:(AT) rebilda, speaking of Avid caliper kits - I recently discovered Petra Cycles in the UK that had a great range of these parts with great shipping (GBP 4) and great customer service.

For the same thing from any other store (most US based, the shipping varied between USD$35 - USD$85 !!!!!!

Petra Cycles was the only non US based store that had the parts and would ship to Aus.

Thanks for that, good to know about alternative suppliers when you are hunting down parts.
My Garage = Restored Paino - the "Fixie" - Giant Trance X2 - Azzurri Forza Pro Di2 - GT Avalanche 1 & 2

geezmoz

Postby geezmoz » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:59 am

jas0nt wrote:Another downvote for Bikebug. Requested them kindly ship a chain the same day I put the order in (1pm) and two days later, still not posted yet.

Not really sure what their logic is in providing garbage customer service in such a competitive market.
Unfortunately, I've fallen into this pit with BikeBug. Kudos to them for price matching, but I think I'll not shop with them in the future.

1st time I emailed for a price match, received response within the same day but was informed that they don't have stock for the item. I replied seeking a similar product and price match, but only to received a reply 5 days later. Yep... 5 days, I waited 2 days for a response and end up buying from wiggle which was shipped on the same day.

Decide to give them another go since they have the product I'm looking for. They gladly price matched it again, items are in stock so I placed my order on Monday and it's still sitting there in 'processing' status today.

They should really learn from their competitors and keep their promise of delivering on time as stated on their shipping info.

gabrielle260

Postby gabrielle260 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:31 pm

gabrielle260 wrote:8pm last night(Friday) I placed an order with Prenda's. By 1am our time it was packed and awaiting Royal Mail collection. At 6am, when I checked, it had been received at the International Mail Centre and was "being prepared for despatch abroad".
I'll be keen to see how it goes from this point,
Andrew
Further update; it arrived in Australia on Sunday evening and was handed over to Australia Post. It's now Wed and I am still waiting....

Rex

Postby Rex » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:02 pm

Australia Post is useless, I'm still waiting on a Torpedo7 order from mid last week.

Wiggle is quicker with DHL

Dan

Postby Dan » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:12 pm

Rex wrote:Australia Post is useless

New sig.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:51 pm

Rex wrote:Australia Post is useless, I'm still waiting on a Torpedo7 order from mid last week.

No argument here! :x

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

Venus62

Postby Venus62 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:27 am

Rex wrote:Australia Post is useless, I'm still waiting on a Torpedo7 order from mid last week.

Can't disagree. The few things I've ordered from Torpedo 7 have taken over a week from order to delivery. My orders with Cell have always been received the next day. Even a bike...

gabrielle260

Postby gabrielle260 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:28 pm

gabrielle260 wrote:
gabrielle260 wrote:8pm last night(Friday) I placed an order with Prenda's. By 1am our time it was packed and awaiting Royal Mail collection. At 6am, when I checked, it had been received at the International Mail Centre and was "being prepared for despatch abroad".
Andrew
Further update; it arrived in Australia on Sunday evening and was handed over to Australia Post. It's now Wed and I am still waiting....
Final update: package arrived Friday morning. So it took 2 days from ordering to get to Australia then 5 days for Aust Post to get it to my house....

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:42 pm

gabrielle260 wrote:
gabrielle260 wrote:
Andrew
Final update: package arrived Friday morning. So it took 2 days from ordering to get to Australia then 5 days for Aust Post to get it to my house....
Pretty common in my experience.
Current Ride: Trek Madone 6.5 (2013)

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:41 pm

Venus62 wrote:

Can't disagree. The few things I've ordered from Torpedo 7 have taken over a week from order to delivery. My orders with Cell have always been received the next day. Even a bike...
Yes, I've started to wonder about this length of time from T7 also. My last order was over the week and this one is the same. Considering I can drive a truck from Brisbane to Melbourne in 21hrs, I'm puzzled! :roll:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

Rex

Postby Rex » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:21 pm

Venus62 wrote:

Well my Torpedo7 package arrived yesterday... 7 business days.
Not terrible but you'd expect better.
I ordered from Cell yesterday, lets hope they can improve.

What makes it worse is that my Castelli Gillet now has to go back to Torpedo7 as it was too big. Their sizing boggles my mind.

linds

Postby linds » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:32 pm

ordered a cassette from c r c on 27 May. It was despatched 28 May. No sign of it since. From what I have since read, c r c is to be avoided if you want things within a month.

Dan

Postby Dan » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:49 pm

Dan wrote:bike24 order and Total Yycling order both placed 13/05/13. bike24 arrived today 31/05 - fairly typical 2 weeks for DHL from DE to AU.

Total Cycling order? Only left N.Ireland yesterday - 30/05. All items were stock.

:roll:

Now 8 June - still no sign of the package from Northern Ireland. Royal Mail mumbled something about it perhaps having been processed for delivery to the destination country.

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:32 am

What do Total Cycling say?

Howzat

Postby Howzat » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:04 am

Australia Post service depends mostly on a which "independent contractor" they have doing your delivery. Apparently they pay peanuts.

Dan

Postby Dan » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:33 am

singlespeedscott wrote:What do Total Cycling say?
They said 'oh, after we said we'd ship it straight away on 14 May it actually sat in our dispatch room for a week and a half.."

This, plus the Guerciotti debacle - it's karma. I must've kicked a dog in another life :|

yarravalleyplodder

Postby yarravalleyplodder » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:57 am

my last wiggle order was just ridiculous

ordered 9:50pm on a Friday night, it arrived 3:40pm on the next Monday, unbelievable :shock: I couldnt have ordered anything in Oz and got it sooner. I love seeing a DHL tracking number when I order from wiggle, 3 to 4 days max
2011 Felt F75
2012 Fuji Nevada 2.0

donny70

Postby donny70 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:21 am

Australia post have upped the prices for shipping too. Probably to gouge more from Internet sales and sites such as eBay..

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:30 am

yarravalleyplodder wrote:my last wiggle order was just ridiculous

ordered 9:50pm on a Friday night, it arrived 3:40pm on the next Monday, unbelievable :shock: I couldnt have ordered anything in Oz and got it sooner. I love seeing a DHL tracking number when I order from wiggle, 3 to 4 days max
I did a wiggle order just over a week ago. ordered thursday night. attempted delivery by DHL monday. got it tuesday in the end.

Venus62

Postby Venus62 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:26 am

Venus62 wrote:

I'm still waiting on my T7 order. Order placed May 31. Not shipped til June 4. Still not received. I've had overseas orders arrive in less than half this time. Don't think I'll bother again.

danny the boy

Postby danny the boy » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:43 pm

Ordered a new saddle from Cell yesterday 10:30am, arrived midday today. Best bit was I didnt get the dodgy courier driver from my previous orders which had stopped my buying from them. Will bookmark their webpage back into my favourites. :D Better price than any of the o/s sites I looked up too.

LM324

Postby LM324 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:07 pm

Venus62 wrote:
Venus62 wrote:

I'm still waiting on my T7 order. Order placed May 31. Not shipped til June 4. Still not received. I've had overseas orders arrive in less than half this time. Don't think I'll bother again.
T7 is overseas as well

Venus62

Postby Venus62 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:31 pm

Philipthelam wrote: T7 is overseas as well
I had not realised the physical address was in NZ. Thanks for that. I guess that does explain things a little better.

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:33 pm

Not really. It takes less time to fly from NZ to Sydney than Sydney to Darwin.