Bike Hire, Caloundra QLD?

celeste boy

Bike Hire, Caloundra QLD?

Postby celeste boy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:23 pm

I have just been notified re our mystery tour for the weekend and we are going to Caloundra. Unable to find a bike hire place or suggested rides so far. Any Queenslanders out there who are in the know? Noosa is a bit far away without transport. Will ride anything.

CB

chill1995

Re: Bike Hire, Caloundra QLD?

Postby chill1995 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:28 pm

Hi Celeste boy, best bet would be contacting Get Biking, they're in the main street across the road from stockland on Bowman road
http://getbiking.net/pages/MainIndex" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
07 - 54996511
(+61) 412 963 263
Bike hire information below:
http://getbiking.net/pages/GetBikingServices" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wakatuki

Postby Wakatuki » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:24 pm

What size are you, what do you need to borrow and for how long?.

Could lend you a 26er MTB... Pm me so I get an email boing as I am supposed to be working :wink:

celeste boy

Postby celeste boy » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:45 pm

Thank you both for this info. Looking forward to this Mystery Weekend.

Graham

celeste boy

Postby celeste boy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:12 pm

Just for the record,

I was unable to hire a bike on Sunday. Shop closed, although Pro Cycles across the road was open and I got to drool on some Bianchis in there. My wife found a phone number for bike hire but when I looked closely it was for 'novelty bikes'. Goodness knows what we could have ended up with. Also closed Sundays despite a zillion people there for markets etc.

I have a profound respect for anyone who has done the hill up to the lighthouse from the boardwalk. Any heroes here? I looked on Strava and there are some short intervals in Caloundra. Perhaps that is one of them? I'll look.

Cheers,

CB