Clothing - Be Aware

AlexCycle

Clothing - Be Aware

Postby AlexCycle » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:43 am

So in November 2012 I brought what I consider to be really great comfortable Knicks. Being a casual cyclist I took the stores advice to only wash them in cold water. All good there. I don't ride often and have two pairs of knicks so until June this year they've had two hand rinsings.

Problem is the beading of overlocked fabric around the shoulder straps is liberally coming away from the mesh.

So I call the manager who says despite my receipt that states their refund policy saying nothing about time frames, discounted stocks etc, that as they were discounted items the store in Black Rock which sells many discounted items would NOT stand by the refund policy on defective items.

If the store actually read the legislation in relation to their SALE items they would understand they need to make a customer aware of the refund policy associated with inferior goods.

http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/business ... le-quality" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, I WAS looking forward to drive down to Black Rock, change my knicks and spend another $100.

Better to spend your cash at a store that actually understands their own exchange / refund policy.

No way is this going to happen now.

12/06/2013 - I've withheld the store's name for legal reasons but take what I bought and place it in a business name and you'll get the name of the business.

casual_cyclist

Re: Clothing - Be Aware

Postby casual_cyclist » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:02 pm

Happens even with expensive gear. I have Castelli Bib Tights that have unravelled in a place you don't want a hole. I have to wear something underneath for modesty. Anyway, they are so comfortable and warm I am not chucking them away and they didn't start falling apart until way after the "warranty".

If they had been fairly new I would have followed up with the retailer though. If you are unhappy with the response from the retailer, you could contact consumer affairs in your state. In WA this is Fair Trading. They have helped me resolve warranty issues in the past.
<removed by request>

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:30 pm

If the knicks are defective, under the legislation it doesn't matter what the store says is their refund policy. The ACCC has an app called ACCC Shopper that details all a consumer's rights (an offline app too, which is handy because I don't use data).

The store can repair, replace or refund you. Those are the options if the product was used and handled as is considered normal and turns out to be faulty. Even if the item was on sale. Maybe show them the ACCC app and tell them they can choose from the three options (repair, replace, refund) otherwise you're making a complaint...

william

Postby william » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:02 pm

Yeah!
I had some knick where the stitching was coming loose so I used my Le sewing machine and fixed it. Problem solved.

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:45 pm

william wrote:Yeah!
I had some knick where the stitching was coming loose so I used my Le sewing machine and fixed it. Problem solved.
I would do that but I busted mine. Pity, it was a great machine while it lasted.
<removed by request>

danny the boy

Postby danny the boy » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:27 am

The prices in this store are an absolute rip-off unless you are buying from the bargain bin.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:05 am

It is right not to name the stores where you have poor experiences, instead name the ones where you have a good experience.

If the store wont help, follow up with the manufacturer, just because am item is on sale, I don't feel this means you have to accept a defect or poor quality unless the items were sold as seconds or damaged goods.
Cycling is in my BNA

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:57 pm

Summernight wrote:If the knicks are defective, under the legislation it doesn't matter what the store says is their refund policy. The ACCC has an app called ACCC Shopper that details all a consumer's rights (an offline app too, which is handy because I don't use data).

The store can repair, replace or refund you. Those are the options if the product was used and handled as is considered normal and turns out to be faulty. Even if the item was on sale. Maybe show them the ACCC app and tell them they can choose from the three options (repair, replace, refund) otherwise you're making a complaint...
Spot on. Doesn't matter if it cost 1c. Aus consumer law covers it and the retailer has to either repair, replace or refund.
Current Ride: Trek Madone 6.5 (2013)