Burnt out car - greystanes canal

g-boaf

Burnt out car - greystanes canal

Postby g-boaf » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:12 pm

Watch out for the burnt out car in the underpass near Sherwood Road/Woodparl Road on the Greystanes Canal cycleway. I've called council.

Edit:
They've put "warning - hazard ahead" signs in place. But take care approaching it from the Guildford side of the underpass - it'll be on the left lane.
Last edited by g-boaf on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TimW

Re: Burnt out car - greystanes canal

Postby TimW » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:30 pm

scoop zozza was on the scene as well and took photos :mrgreen: :mrgreen:prior to knocking off a KOM of one G.S :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:42 pm

Zozza - I take my hat off to you! But GS will probably take it back. ;)

zozza

Postby zozza » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:11 pm

Hope they don't leave it there for too long

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:00 pm

Still there as of this afternoon. I went out for a ride and went down there to see if they had moved it.

They've put hazard signs with flashing lights in place. I have a feeling they'll end up putting bollards at each end of those underpasses to stop this happening in future, much like that bollard that briefly appeared at the western end of the viaduct.

leximack

Postby leximack » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:28 pm

zozza wrote:Image
Hope they don't leave it there for too long
thanks for finding my car boys, forgot where I parked it, twas a big night :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hergest

Postby Hergest » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:23 pm

g-boaf wrote:Still there as of this afternoon. I went out for a ride and went down there to see if they had moved it.

They've put hazard signs with flashing lights in place. I have a feeling they'll end up putting bollards at each end of those underpasses to stop this happening in future, much like that bollard that briefly appeared at the western end of the viaduct.
There's a fair bit of fly tipping and this is the 2nd dumped car since Diona started doing the underground cables. They are leaving a lot of the access points open for months on end and in places taking out fencelines and not replacing them. It's to be hoped then when they finish it all then everything will be rectified and things will get back to normal.

#edit. As of 6 p.m it's still there. There was a burnt out Peugeot hatchback on Tennyson Parade that runs alongside that part of the canal and it was there for about 6 weeks so i hope the knackered old Honda in the tunnel doesn't sit for so long. There's probably arguments between council, emergency services and insurers as to who has to pay to remove these damn things.
13 LynskeyR230 01 Lemond BuenosAires

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:51 pm

I remember the Pug, an old 306. It did remain for a long time. Between the burnt out car and the idiots who smash glass in that underpass and the other one at the end of the path. I don't ride down that way anymore.

Hergest

Postby Hergest » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:00 pm

Oh gawd, where's the 'bang your head against a brick wall' emoticon?

The car has been removed by being dragged out of the underpass leaving a trail of glass where it's been dragged that hasn't been cleaned up. Where the burnt out car was is now a big pile of ash and glass and crap that hasn't been cleaned up and whoever removed the car also moved the warning barriers but didn't put them back.

Could it have been too hard to stand by with a couple of council blokes with a wheel barrow and broom to clean up while the tow truck was there?

I've tried the council this morning but just got a message bank.
13 LynskeyR230 01 Lemond BuenosAires

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:02 pm

Update: The Car is gone - but the barriers and glass remain - take care through there. I'd recommend walking through that bit.

Hergest: Yes, I saw it as well. I'll ring them again - or I'll walk up there again myself and move the warning barriers back to a more suitable place. :roll: Just useless.

zozza

Postby zozza » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:50 am

Holroyd are a joke! If ever there was a case for merging local councils then this is it.
They will decide at the next general meeting if they have the resources to sweep away the mess. Don't hold your breath though because they have another 100 bronze plaques on order and their fleet of cars are nearly one year old!

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:29 am

Hergest wrote:Oh gawd, where's the 'bang your head against a brick wall' emoticon?

The car has been removed by being dragged out of the underpass leaving a trail of glass where it's been dragged that hasn't been cleaned up. Where the burnt out car was is now a big pile of ash and glass and crap that hasn't been cleaned up and whoever removed the car also moved the warning barriers but didn't put them back.

Could it have been too hard to stand by with a couple of council blokes with a wheel barrow and broom to clean up while the tow truck was there?

I've tried the council this morning but just got a message bank.
Yes I rode through there yesterday and in the dark tunnel there was no warning of the glass and other debris nor of the barriers sticking one third out into the path. I managed to get through without incident. Morons at work.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:27 am

I didn't check if it has been moved. I'll look tonight and follow up as necessary.

gpz1100

Postby gpz1100 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:18 pm

Was out today and found workmen ripping up the cyclway in Guildford around fowler st.a small section will be closed for the next 4months on the account of the Governments nba.just going of what the workmen stated,it will be closed between fowler and Bowden st.